Michelle Kwan (Threads Merged)

mattiecat13

Does she have to move to Belize now and live there full-time? I don’t know how ambassador appointments work.

KCC

I love it when skaters go on to do great things outside of sports. (Staying involved in sports is great too since they have a lot of experience and often want to give back and/or help the next generation.) I just find it really cool when skaters expand their opportunities - through school, business, public service, etc. - to contribute to society in a new and different way.

AYS

🌻
I was just watching this beautiful skate to Sara Bareille's "Winter Song" MK just posted on her IG and thinking how much I miss her skating and how incredibly fortunate I was to get to watch her entire skating career in real time. (Not to mention seeing her thrive in her post-skating life).

❤️

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I told one of my friends she looked like Michelle once and she seemed shocked. Then I put it into context that "yall have the same foreheads!" and she seemed less enthusiastic about the comparison. Thinking back I hope she didn't see that as a racist comment. :(

This was meant to be quoting the comedian post. lol

DreamSkates

I was just watching this beautiful skate to Sara Bareille's "Winter Song" MK just posted on her IG and thinking how much I miss her skating and how incredibly fortunate I was to get to watch her entire skating career in real time. (Not to mention seeing her thrive in her post-skating life).

❤️

Smooth and flowing, holding out moves that you can enjoy long enough to feel a fulfilling aaah….

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Thank you @Sylvia. I always knew that Michelle would be an asset to this world with much more than just being an Olympian and a Worlds Figure Skating Champion. She has accomplished so much for the better good and has those opportunities being an Ambassador. Kudos and Bravo, Michelle Kwan for helping to make this world a little better amidst the times we live in.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
This is why she will forever be my idol, even though I’m older than her. :lol:
I think it’s because if I don’t know, I will know. If I don’t have a skill set, I will attain it. I try my very best to meet my own expectations of who I want to be.
I don’t know what my next step will be in my life, but I always have that open mindset of being flexible because that is such a beautiful thing, to be curious about certain things and be able to explore. That’s what life is all about, right?

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
This is why she will forever be my idol, even though I’m older than her. :lol:
Yes, I'm way older, too. I will always admire her for her accomplishments and it's not over yet. I wrote this poem many moons ago, and to me, this is exactly what Michelle Kwan is about. Time has definitely made the pieces fit for her. I wrote this poem in January of 1978.

Changes

Seasons come and go
Just like people do.
With time, I'll be somewhere else
And so will you.

Life's bewilderments can fool you.
What makes one person happy
Can make another person blue.

From daybreak to sunset
People go their separate way;
Working, planning, rearranging-
Just waiting for a new day.

Yet, things are always changing
Though no one realizes it.
Everyday, we're a little older
With time making the pieces fit.
Michelle hasn't wasted any of her time. She's used it to help make this world a better place.

livetoskate

Out of sheer nosiness/curiosity, was it ever said who the father of her child is, and are they still together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information