Michelle Kwan (Threads Merged)

bardtoob

I’m happy that she is enjoying skAting. I’m happy she’s allowing us to see it. The double sal and the double Axel were gorgeous

Oh my, more!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZmX3czhqKz/

"michellewkwan Watch out grandma's back on the ice and trying to jump #salchow #cantjump #cantrotate #slowmo #hilarious"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZUanoIBBMV/

"michellewkwan I need to ice skate more often I forget how fun it is!! #goodtimes #homesweethome #firstlove"

Iluvid

Leave it to Tatjana Flade to suggest Michelle participate in the ISU Adult World Championship...

Fumie Suguri was 3rd in 2017 it appears

http://www.deu-event.de/results/adult2017/Adult2017_MastersEliteLadiesIFreeSkating_FS_Scores.pdf
It's not a World championship, just an Adult International competition. One in Oberstorf in May and the other is Vancouver in August. They have an Elite Masters catagory which Midori, Fumie and Gary Beacom have competed in. That would be a fun option for Michelle if she ever wanted to do a comp again.

bardtoob

Would that feel like a step down for Michelle? Maybe she's thinking ice shows. I will buy tickets!

I don't think she would consider it a step down. I think it would probably be something she would do for fun and to promote adult skating, which has many benefits, including core strength development.

I think shows are realistic :biggrinbo

However, I most appreciate that she is having fun.

Marco

Didn't she skate with Yuna in Korea a couple of times? Perhaps there are shows they are doing around the PC Olympics or maybe even something to do with the Special Olympics?!

aftershocks

Banned Member
I initially posted the latest Instagram vids of MK in U.S. Ladies thread because it was closer to hand. :)

In the latest TSL episode, Dave speculates that MK may be gearing up to skate an opening ceremony exhibition with Yu Na at the upcoming Pyeongchang Olympics.

It would surely be fun if MK decided to compete at Adult comps!

DreamSkates

Everybody remembers Tara Lipinski like they remember Sarah Hughes :D
Actually, I remember Lapinski for beating Kwan, but I don't remember Hughes for much except she had a very lucky night. Lapinski had won a US National title, World title, and Grand Prix finals before winning the Olympics, so eventually (after about 10 years) I had to say kudos to her. Not the same for Hughes. I am not disrespecting Hughes, but she hadn't been on the top of any podiums.

bardtoob

Actually, I remember Lapinski for beating Kwan, but I don't remember Hughes for much except she had a very lucky night. Lapinski had won a US National title, World title, and Grand Prix finals before winning the Olympics, so eventually (after about 10 years) I had to say kudos to her. Not the same for Hughes. I am not disrespecting Hughes, but she hadn't been on the top of any podiums.

I remember Lipinski for winning the Olympic Gold Medal, like Sarah Hughes, and nothing can take that away from them despite some fans' bitterness :D

bardtoob

You know what is so great about Michelle Kwan, after she was done with competitive skating she continued to be a role model by getting Bachelor's degree then getting a Master's degree and helping with the Special Olympics . . . Sure, she is not perfect, I mean with her ex-husband being such a jerk in public, but she has made a lot of right decisions after skating, does the best she can, and did not simply rest on her laurels. She learned how to be something entirely new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information