Medvedeva leaves Orser for Tutberidze

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
TSL need to locate Doug Hawe for another insider scoop interview.

I don't think it's a secret. They said in an interview that Brian said he didn't have time to add Jason to his list of students but Tracey really wanted him so they agreed he could come with Tracey his main coach.

Brian should have a lot more time now though :)

TallyT

Orser's well rid of the trouble and stress she brought. Given how she was all about him being there on video during the test skates, the sheer hypocrisy has drained the sympathy I had for the woman for how her fairy tale from 2018 went sour.

feraina

Orser's well rid of the trouble and stress she brought. Given how she was all about him being there on video during the test skates, the sheer hypocrisy has drained the sympathy I had for the woman for how her fairy tale from 2018 went sour.
What do you mean, hypocrisy?

feraina

The ********* changed everything. Millions of people have contracted ********* 19 and hunndreds of thousands of people have died from it. Truly tragic and I hope we get a miracle and it goes away.

If not for ********* 19 Zhenya would be in Toronto and probably very happy. When I saw the picture of TAT and Eteri hugging and then saw EG clapping for Zhenya at test skates I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 4 and that this change back to TT would probably happen. But I didnt want to let my Medvedeva diehard fans know my feeling thinking many people would be devastated by this.

What was Zhenya to do? Things were not working out with The Butcher (Buyanova) at CSKA and she cant go back to Canada for who knows how many months. Probably not until next sping. My hope that reuniting with Eteri and TT and all those familiar faces will give Zhenya a boost in confidence knowing that she is home and that ends up helping her performances and results! :)

Again the ********* changed everything. Aliona would not have lost her skating skills and most likely won worlds in March and would have stayed. Or if Sasha won worlds she would have stayed. Obviously Anna stayed. She may have won worlds. Its sad Sasha and Aliona and its crushing for Eteri and TT that they left but there needs probably have outgrown TT and we have to accept that. Thats sports and that life.

Where's the picture of Eteri and Tat hugging? Do you think Tat instigated/orchestrated the whole thing? She is probably Zhenya's strongest supporter within the fed, no? I would guess she went to Orser with Tat's blessing, and came back to Tutberidze also with Tat's blessing/encouragement. My guess is that while Tat and Tutberidze already talked it out before the test skates, Zhenya was not seriously approached re: Tutberidze until after. They were all waiting to see how she would do. That would explain her sudden change in behavior and direction. Maybe Tat relayed the message that the federation would not continue to support her bid for the 2022 Olympics in her current state, and screwing up the current season will bury her next year. That would be enough to scare anybody into changing coaches.

Sasha is DIVINE

Ilia is the one who did Nocturne which I think is easily the best SP of her career. He also did Anna Karenina with Danila too. So that would be great.

I think with those two programs she found a mature style that she shined with but then she moved to Brian and under him it was kind of all over the place program wise.
Sorry I'm not always the best with the names of pieces of music. Which one was Nocturne? IMO her best SP by far was her 2016-2017 one. I don't recall the name.

Just think of how good her Leftovers program would have been. Did Averbukh do that one, too?

babayaga

Where’s Tinami when we need her?
There is going to be plenty of entertaining reactions to this move
Everyone looks awkward except Eteri who is smiling like a cheshire cat
This picture is everything. And yes, there will be plenty of entertainment from both Medvedeva/Tutberidze and former fans of Medvedeva/Orser as well. I cannot believe this is happening! :biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Medvedeva has no morals. First, and for years, she calls Eteri her 2nd mother, together forever, Russia and me are one, and then pulls an "Orser and Canada" stunt just because "Zagitova was not kept in juniors". Second, and for last 3 years, she is all about positively comparing Canada and Orser to "all the old evils at Khrystalniy" - she found her place, she found her skating family, etc, etc, etc... Now, it is convenient for her to return to the "old evils at Khrystalniy"...:rofl:

I can't wait for Medvedeva's new "comments" about "working with Tutberidze, and the progress she is making".

The girl has NO SHAME... what she says and proclaims about her skating, coaches, her life means NOTHING, she says only what's convenient at a given moment, what sounds the most beneficial. She is not to be trusted.

I doubt that Tutberidze will make her (Med) a priority skater, but quite sure she'll at least give her some improvement. I am sure Tutberidze wants to prove she can do better than Orser. It is no longer about the skaters, it is "The Game of Skating Coaches Thrones".
:EVILLE: And now i am waiting for those who "started to love Janny 3 years ago" to begin now "finding faults in her elements with Tutberidze". TSL will also be quite surprised, i am quite sure.... :2faced:

Just to note that some of us loved her from her junior days no matter who coached her, and this won't change that. I'm afraid she'll never have the tech content to be on the podium again but that's nothing to do with her coaching decisions.

TallyT

What do you mean, hypocrisy?

You think when she was doing that she didn't know she was dumping him as coach within a day or two?

Her self-absorbed behavior in Japan was annoying enough. I mean, I felt for the woman when she lost the Olympic fairy tale ending that the OGMs in the other disciplines managed, and I've felt for her struggles since, but this year... ugh.

TallyT

I am sure Alina is watching this sh$t show unfolding and thinking thank god I don't have to be part of any of it ever again.

Despite my contempt for Med, I will laugh if the next thing we hear is "oh look, Medvedeva can cohost that Tv show after all..."

Polaris

Just to note that some of us loved her from her junior days no matter who coached her, and this won't change that. I'm afraid she'll never have the tech content to be on the podium again but that's nothing to do with her coaching decisions.

Never say never. ANYTHING is possible. I'm sure more ppl would've bet against Med returning to Tutberidze than Med winning the 2022 OGM.

babayaga

It makes sense for Med to work in Russia, but this was unexpected. I guess there is always a spot for Kosternaya or Trusova if they decide to come back to work with Eteri.
I do wonder why Buyaniva refused to work with her. I thought the plan was for Medvedeva to train in CSKA with either her or Tarasova.

Polaris

Judging from his interview, Orser is glad to excuse himself from the narrative and leave Tutberidze and Plushenko to go at it. I think this entire Med spectacle has left him with a sour taste towards the RusFed.

puglover

It seems like a practical plan to me. With the pandemic issues that make international travel so difficult it makes sense for Zhenya to stay in Russia and train there. Sort of a no lose situation for Eteri as if things go well and Zhenya has a better year she is the one at the boards and if it doesn't - blame her foreign coaching interlude. Ultimately it gives the skater the best chance to prepare and be competitive and when she does retire there are no doubt more opportunities for her there. She is beloved by the majority of the fans in Russia it seems and again not the worst visual to have Eteri there with her.

You think when she was doing that she didn't know she was dumping him as coach within a day or two?

I seriously doubt she was planning to "dump" Brian at the test skates. It was very noticeable that she had no one for her in person, and not in a good way. I think the test skates fueled her decision, not the other way around. It was clear the situation wasn't working.

karmena

Well said.

Orser deserves a diamond medal for his pure heart and true love of figure skating.
He stands above all political games.

babayaga

I think Orser’s response was very classy. He displays respect and caring for Medvedeva. He doesn’t want this to be a huge media circus, and good for him.
Orser's behavior deserves a lot of respect. However, since both Medvedeva and Tutberidze are involved this cannot not become a media circus. I hope he is able to stay out of it.

DobrinFan

I do wonder why Buyaniva refused to work with her. I thought the plan was for Medvedeva to train in CSKA with either her or Tarasova.

Because she has Danielian and Osokina, both of whom she clearly wants to invest a lot of time in. Maybe she didn't want to take time away from them for a big name skater like Medvedeva? Plus she is not good with a crowd and 3 is a crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information