Medvedeva leaves Orser for Tutberidze

NAOTMAA

All I can say is, GOD IS REAL!

And get Ilia Averbukh on the phone! Yesterday!

Ilia is the one who did Nocturne which I think is easily the best SP of her career. He also did Anna Karenina with Danila too. So that would be great.

I think with those two programs she found a mature style that she shined with but then she moved to Brian and under him it was kind of all over the place program wise.

hanca

Values her privacy
I can't help but thinking if this quote is a dig at Kostornaia...
Nah, it wasn’t dig at Kostornaya. It was a real struggle to find at least some positive thing to say why she was clapping. If you look at the scene, they all stood there, hands folded and their face looked like they were saying “How awful! How badly her skating deteriorated!” Then suddenly Eteri realised that that they are on camera; she wanted to look like she is clapping to all competitors (if she didn’t, she would be criticised). But now when she is asked why she was clapping, she can’t say so that I am not criticised for not clapping... so she came up with a bullshit reason.

Ka3sha

Based on the Orser interview, it looks like the test skates were the straw that broke the camel's back.
Orser is not blind, the Federation is not blind, Evgenia is not blind - they knew online training wasn’t working for her in that situation and for such a long time. They totally understood that Canadian boarder is still closed and will be closed for quite some time and that she would have to stay in Russia at least until Nationals in December. And that’s A LOT.

VGThuy

Nah, it wasn’t dig at Kostornaya. It was a real struggle to find at least some positive thing to say why she was clapping. If you look at the scene, they all stood there, hands folded and their face looked like they were saying “How awful! How badly her skating deteriorated!” Then suddenly Eteri realised that that they are on camera; she wanted to look like she is clapping to all competitors (if she didn’t, she would be criticised). But now when she is asked why she was clapping, she can’t say so that I am not criticised for not clapping... so she came up with a bullshit reason.

:eek:

Skibean

she looked truly happy with Orser, so I think she was probably sad to leave him. I don’t think she looks as happy in her latest pic posted with Eteri, but I don’t know her personally and can’t say that my judgment of what looks happy actually is.
This certainly is not what I would’ve expected for her. Wow.

VGThuy

"Dammit. I give up. There really is no one who can make Masquerade Waltz appealing."

I hate that music. I hated it for Mao and I hate it more for Evgenia. I really hope they get her a different SP.

I hate that music too. Maybe I'd like it outside the context of skating, but I just don't like it for this forum.

VGThuy

I adore it. Ear of the beholder!

It worked for V/T, but they are special :)

I love Masquerade Waltz.

I guess my issue was that the music just seemed way too heavy for Mao, and my first exposure to that music was with Krylova/Ovysiannikov and I just could not with that overwrought choreography and OTT expressions and that whole slow motion sequence Linichuk choreographed for them.

mjb52

I guess my issue was that the music just seemed way too heavy for Mao, and my first exposure to that music was with Krylova/Ovysiannikov and I just could not with that overwrought choreography and OTT expressions and that whole slow motion sequence Linichuk choreographed for them.

I LOVED THAT PROGRAM THESE ARE FIGHTING WORDS :angryfire:argue::eek:

Polaris

Does Orser have any of his top students with him right now? Hanyu is incognito in Japan, Kihira went to Lambiel, Med left, Idk where Hwa is...

Scott512

The pandemic changed everything. Millions of people have contracted Covid 19 and hunndreds of thousands of people have died from it. Truly tragic and I hope we get a miracle and it goes away.

If not for Covid 19 Zhenya would be in Toronto and probably very happy. When I saw the picture of TAT and Eteri hugging and then saw EG clapping for Zhenya at test skates I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 4 and that this change back to TT would probably happen. But I didnt want to let my Medvedeva diehard fans know my feeling thinking many people would be devastated by this.

What was Zhenya to do? Things were not working out with The Butcher (Buyanova) at CSKA and she cant go back to Canada for who knows how many months. Probably not until next sping. My hope that reuniting with Eteri and TT and all those familiar faces will give Zhenya a boost in confidence knowing that she is home and that ends up helping her performances and results! :)

Again the pandemic changed everything. Aliona would not have lost her skating skills and most likely won worlds in March and would have stayed. Or if Sasha won worlds she would have stayed. Obviously Anna stayed. She may have won worlds. Its sad Sasha and Aliona and its crushing for Eteri and TT that they left but there needs probably have outgrown TT and we have to accept that. Thats sports and that life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information