Medvedeva and Pogorilaya on the Russian late night talk show

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I have watched Urgant a total of 3 times. Once during Sochi Olys when Yulia came on with Eteri, once when Diana Vishneva came on and this time with the World medalists. Yup, I do this exclusively to find material to use against Russia because otherwise it's so hard to come by...oh wait... :duh:

And yes, I do love this country, flawed as it is. I came here for a reason. My country of birth didn't want me.

And I've heard real estate in Moscow is at the all time low, in case you are interested. Rublevka is being sold off like crazy. :p

DreamSkates

Is is common in the Russian press and perhaps on some of these shows to elevate Russian skaters by condemning those from other countries? I remember bits and pieces of different interviews by "journalists" who are far more catty than the person they are interviewing.
Just ask Evegni Plushenko.

Oreo

It's not just this Russian talk-show host putting out snide comments about America. I have a friend in Spain (he's Spanish) who is very well known in what he does, and he was interviewed by the Jay Leno equivalent there. When the host started some America bashing, my friend kept countering him with how kind Americans were to him until the guy finally shut up. I dunno, criticizing America/Americans seems to be the chic thing to do these days. I just see it as a lack of imagination in interviewing skills--just like this Russian guy.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I understand..... I am certain you don't watch Urgant all the time..... you only watch when there is something that can be turned against Russia. Because if you watched most of the shows which are about skating and ballet (and there are plenty of such episodes) you would have know that Urgant very often plays the role of "the Dumb Party official", and would not have brought the attention to his supposedly "Anti-US comments".

Funny enough, you happened to watch the one show which you can list on a American dominated discussion forum and get kuddo-points for being "a unique Russia which loves America".... I hope the "love you get" from his keeps you warm at night and financially stable... :D

Could it be that it is common to make fun of America and Americans? Here in the USA there are jokes about the Irish, for example. In this era of sensitivity though it's hard to single out any ethnicity or nationality to make jokes about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information