Mad for Skating blog

nimi

Another Grand Prix, another review! Here goes Helsinki! (I’m much more candid in this review so brace yourselves) 😂

https://madforskating.wordpress.com...-helsinki-pairs-review-we-couldve-had-it-all/
:40beers:

Re: this...
I loved Miu Suzaki/Ryuichi Kihara’s “Yuri on Ice” SP soooooo much last year.
I don't know if you watched the gala but they skated their YOI SP there (with all the tech content) and skated it better than they ever did in competition! Now, if they only figured out how to skate like that when the pressure is on...

Mad for Skating

:40beers:

Re: this...
I don't know if you watched the gala but they skated their YOI SP there (with all the tech content) and skated it better than they ever did in competition! Now, if they only figured out how to skate like that when the pressure is on...

Yes, I watched their gala and it was amazing! So clean, so sharp, and they didn’t lose the charm. I definitely think they’ve got it in them, but this year’s SP doesn’t let them sparkle. They do have another Grand Prix though, so hopefully we will see big improvement!

Also, thanks for reading!

Mad for Skating

Spun Silver

Hello guys, I see I haven’t updated this thread in a while. I’ve been posting on my blog but I must’ve forgotten to put the links over here 🙈 Anyways, here’s my review of the top 10 pairs at 2019 Worlds.

https://madforskating.wordpress.com...-not-crying-thats-just-rain-in-my-black-eyes/
You get better and better. Your writing style is a hoot, I love your blog's subtitle, and I loved Peng and Jin at this Worlds too. Basically you got pretty much everything right in my book. If you had time to add a little more detail it would be even better. Cheers!

Mad for Skating

You get better and better. Your writing style is a hoot, I love your blog's subtitle, and I loved Peng and Jin at this Worlds too. Basically you got pretty much everything right in my book. If you had time to add a little more detail it would be even better. Cheers!

Thanks so much for the feedback! I’ve been working at sharing more of my opinions instead of just stats, and tried to add some humor.

I’ll work on adding more detail in my next post! Thanks for reading!

Spun Silver

Mad for Skating

I have opposite opinions from you on many points here, but still, great job! And we agree on Bradie's hair! I will hold you to your promise not to rest until she fixes it!

About Satoko... I really doubt there is anything she can do to get big jumps at this point. 😕

Thanks a lot! I like when people have different opinions; it keeps things interesting and makes for good debates!

You and I will form the Bradie Hair Society, it’s settled.

I do fear that Satoko’s jumps are as good as they’re going to get. The only thing that could fix them would be completely reworking her technique, and that might not even work. Whatever, she’s still a beautiful skater.

Mad for Skating

Hello friends, I’m going to post something that isn’t a skating review, but I encourage you to read it. It addresses the culture of victim-blaming in manipulative relationships and how emotional manipulation and abuse can have severely damaging effects but is rarely discussed properly. It was inspired by some of the situations in figure skating but applies to the topic as a whole, not just one particular situation.

Trigger warning for some mentions of sexual abuse and assault. If it makes you uncomfortable, please stop reading at any time.

https://madforskating.wordpress.com...rvivors-of-sexual-predators-and-manipulators/

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information