Kostornaia out of Russian Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott512

And you don't think it's a good idea at least to try to help them be as safe and healthy as they can be within the parameters of this undeniably brutal sport? Because that's all that most of us are asking for.
Damn right it's a good idea. But people get injured anyway. aliona fell and broke her hand. It happens. She's fallen hundreds of times and not broken her hand. That's just bad luck.

If some are thinking her coaches were pushing her too hard and this happened at the end of practice when she was tired we will never know. It's a sad situation. I feel for all the injured skaters.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Medvedeva didn't leave Orser by choice. Had she been in Canada when the government there imposed travel restrictions, she probably would have stayed there.
I don't know that it was the pandemic. I think she was really conflicked.
Were you complaining as much when it was world champion Kimmie Meissner retiring at 19 because of injuries? And Tara Lipinski? Or is it a concern only now, when it is the Russians who keep winning?
Tara was injured. But she also wanted her family, to be together

AxelAnnie

So true.

So many injuries in figure skating this season maybe it's because training has been messed up because of the *****. Certainly people can't blame that on Eteri.
Sure we can. Her girls have a rather disproportionate number of injuries. And serious ones.

AxelAnnie

Damn right it's a good idea. But people get injured anyway. aliona fell and broke her hand. It happens. She's fallen hundreds of times and not broken her hand. That's just bad luck.

If some are thinking her coaches were pushing her too hard and this happened at the end of practice when she was tired we will never know. It's a sad situation. I feel for all the injured skaters.
oEteri has her students doing incredibly difficult jumps. Stands to reason she would have more injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information