Kana Muramoto/Daisuke Takahashi Cheer Thread

BittyBug

Disgusted
This is a huge step up for them. If you didn't know it was Takahashi, you'd think he was a career ice dancer. :love:

I like the program but I found the opening and one other segment just a bit too evocative of Chock and Bates' snake dance.

ostile17

This is a huge step up for them. If you didn't know it was Takahashi, you'd think he was a career ice dancer. :love:

I like the program but I found the opening and one other segment just a bit too evocative of Chock and Bates' snake dance.
The opening pose is actually the kanji for "fish". They represent waves and fishes.
The traditional song, Soran Bushi, is mostly a hypnotic chant from the fisherman to lure the herrings into their nets.

sap5

The opening pose is actually the kanji for "fish". They represent waves and fishes.
The traditional song, Soran Bushi, is mostly a hypnotic chant from the fisherman to lure the herrings into their nets.
Love the attention to detail in this choreography. Love people who take the time to really understand the music before setting choreography to it.

ostile17

At a board meeting held today in Tokyo, JSF decided to send some athletes to CS competitions.

Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi are entered at the CS Warsaw Cup (November 18-21, Warsaw, Poland). They will go there right after having competed at the NHK Trophy the previous weekend (November 12-14).

Together with their participation in the Eastern Japan Championships (October 28-31) it will be their third competition in three weeks.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
At a board meeting held today in Tokyo, JSF decided to send some athletes to CS competitions.

Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi are entered at the CS Warsaw Cup (November 18-21, Warsaw, Poland). They will go there right after having competed at the NHK Trophy the previous weekend (November 10-12).

Together with their participation in the Eastern Japan Championships (October 28-31) it will be their third competition in three weeks.

Oh, thank goodness that some of their athletes (aside from Miura/Kihara last weekend at ACI) are going to get some additional assignments!

deegee

i love this rd. their technique is improving so much each time; i'm excited to see what this looks like later in the season.

Last edited:

ostile17

BS Fuji's 'Figure Skating TV' aired today in Japan

Here's KanaDai skating their RD to Soran Bushi/Koto at LDI but from a different angle, plus an interview.

Also, Alexander Goldstein, the arranger of the music for both of their RDs, posted on Facebook that the music for the new RD is now complete, together with a cool picture of the three of them:

The final touch of my music arrangement of Kana and Dai's Rhythm Dance is done. Every beat found its perfect place. Very impressed with their tireless work and their perfectionism - great dance!

Last edited:

ostile17

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information