Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Ahem...

As to Meghan having to do intense education of Harry implies he is a moron. My grandchildren know that there are things you simply do not say/
I cannot imagine that any member of the Royal Family is that stupid. The Firm lives its lives in the public eye. They schooled from a young age about what is appropriate and what isn't

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Hey, everybody! Meghan wore shorts!! :lol: Royal reporting cracks me up.

Also, the kids are coming to the Jubilee so we will see Lilibet in the flesh and then watch all the people who say she isn't real meltdown until they come up with a new conspiracy theory. (It wasn't Lilibet. It was an android!)

ballettmaus

Ooh, good one. But if she looks like them, they will have to come up with a secret kid that one of the other royals had. More sekret babies! I'm in.
Since they're already getting divorced, Harry could have a lovechild :p

But according to the article, we may not even see the children and only working royals will be on the balcony (such a bummer). So if we don't see Archie and Lily, I'm sure the decision to have only working royals on the balcony was made because Lilibet isn't real.

Lilibet is being borrowed for the jubilee from Scott and Tessa's passel of sekret babies in the basement.
They certainly have enough of them ;) (Plus, they'd be Canadian, so at least part of the Commonwealth :D )

clairecloutier

DFJ

becca

Since they're already getting divorced, Harry could have a lovechild :p

But according to the article, we may not even see the children and only working royals will be on the balcony (such a bummer). So if we don't see Archie and Lily, I'm sure the decision to have only working royals on the balcony was made because Lilibet isn't real.

They certainly have enough of them ;) (Plus, they'd be Canadian, so at least part of the Commonwealth :D )
I read that it’s working royals and their kids

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Considering what it must have cost to fly her and her security crew there and back, she could have stayed home and made a large donation to the organizations already there and providing help.

I don't doubt that she did this with a good heart, but IMO it's not the best use of resources.

canbelto

Apparently H&M will be at many of the events, just not the balcony event. The Queen apparently isn't going to be at the balcony event?

Judy

Their money - their choice. I think it’s a beautiful heartfelt gesture for a town and people that are devastated and shattered.

I’m only confused why people fixate on celebrities they don’t like. If I don’t like someone I just kind of .. don’t follow anything about them. it’s just wasted negative energy.

antmanb

Considering what it must have cost to fly her and her security crew there and back, she could have stayed home and made a large donation to the organizations already there and providing help.

I don't doubt that she did this with a good heart, but IMO it's not the best use of resources.
And if she did that she would be raked over the coals for sitting on her arse and putting her hand in her plentiful purse instead of doing something.

She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

MLIS

It might be a waste of resources, sure, but it’s her money to spend, and there are worse ways to spend it. A big part of the reason they left the royal machine was because they wanted to be able to spend on whatever they wanted, however they wanted, and not face the criticisms related with being funded by the taxpayers or public money. I have seen a lot of celebrities spend a lot more money on much more destructive and offensive things, just in the last week alone!

I think both things can be true, she could have seen the opportunity for a photo op and genuinely felt moved to pay her respects. She’s certainly not the only notable figure to do so. I’m much less offended by this than I was by their cemetery photo op on Remembrance Day.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I also meant "resources" in terms of the environmental effect. Non-essential plane trips contribute to pollution and climate change.

mella

I also meant "resources" in terms of the environmental effect. Non-essential plane trips contribute to pollution and climate change.
Oh come on... In the world we currently live in having navigated everything from personal to business via remote tools - funerals, weddings, meetings etc through covid there is very little that could be classified as an "essential" plane trip. Most of us can't wait to plan our next trip to a skating competition or other holiday. Many of us will require a non essential plane, car, train, bus or boat trip to do so.

Charles and Camilla's trip to Canada? Will and Kate's trip to the Caribbean? Nope no griping about non essential plane trips in the Royals thread as far as I can recall :rolleyes: Happy to stand corrected if I just missed the moral stand in there.

Judy

Oh come on... In the world we currently live in having navigated everything from personal to business via remote tools - funerals, weddings, meetings etc through covid there is very little that could be classified as an "essential" plane trip. Most of us can't wait to plan our next trip to a skating competition or other holiday. Many of us will require a non essential plane, car, train, bus or boat trip to do so.

Charles and Camilla's trip to Canada? Will and Kate's trip to the Caribbean? Nope no griping about non essential plane trips in the Royals thread as far as I can recall :rolleyes: Happy to stand corrected if I just missed the moral stand in there.
Everyone still flies. That’s not going to end.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
People bitched about Will & Kate's trip but only because it was a bad look and only a few posts. Nothing was said about how many environmental resources it took up. :lol:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
It wouldn't be a fairy tale without an evil stepsister.

There is always someone a family choose to be the scape goat.

In this incident Meghan has been named the evil step sister and given the role of scape goat. Although I believe that whoever Harry chose to marry, would be that person.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

Believe me, I wasn't in favour of any of those trips either. All of them were non-essential.

mella

Everyone still flies. That’s not going to end.
Absolutely. That's my point. But we all now know that flying thst was previously considered "essential" just isn't. When we had to cope we did. And now we're all back to living our lives having our holidays and the environment is a side issue. And that's fine... Unless you're Meghan Markle.

Judy

Absolutely. That's my point. But we all now know that flying thst was previously considered "essential" just isn't. When we had to cope we did. And now we're all back to living our lives having our holidays and the environment is a side issue. And that's fine... Unless you're Meghan Markle.
Yes I was agreeing with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information