Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canbelto

From what I have read, it was only one member of the family (likely Andrew) who asked how dark do they think the kid might be. And frankly, what's the difference if Meghan was all white and not just half-white and Andrew wondered what color hair the kid might have? It's not an inherently racist question. Just because a narcissstic manipulative half-white gold-digger screams it, doesn't make it so.

This is where I am coming from, so that you don't ever think everything and everyone is "racist". I'm a gay white man, and in society I feel that I am treated as "Half-white, Half-gay". The Half-Gay part being the "bad" part, the one that allows people to discriminate against me, make laws against me, etc. So I "get" being a target of bigots. I do understand the issues that blacks, Asians, women have to deal/cope with, just as I do. Now with Meghan, I was initially THRILLED to see her with Harry. I actually liked and was hopeful towards Meghan BECAUSE she was half-white and I thought she'd be great to mix up the BRF. So I was completely in her corner. But then...... then she started showing her colors. I find her a Kardashian wannabe, a narcissist, a liar, a fake, a fraud, an entitled brat. Her behavior at Wimbledon, her behavior with Oprah, her behavior in general.

My poor opinion of Meghan has NOTHING to do with the color of her skin. It has to do with her character and her behavior.

I love it. You think being a gay male makes you not racist? The fact that you don't see the racism behind worrying that a baby will be dark skinned shows your white privilege. Also calling her a "narcissistic manipulative half-white gold-digger" is racist. Why do you have to underline her race to make your point that you don't like her?

Also "entitled" is a racist dog whistle often used to put down POC. And what thehell did she do at Wimbledon?

Husky

I can't really contribute to the "gold-digger" discussion.

What I noticed is: Celebrities marry very often celebrities.

I don't think that money is the driving force. It seems to be a question of social status. To play a role on the big stage. To feel that you are important. At least, this is my impression.

clairecloutier

Maybe Meghan can’t change her PR because there are a legion of people out there who hate her and look for negative connotation in anything she does, even something like not posting a picture of her baby.

I find it interesting how Meghan/Harry haterz feel a need to continuously project their contempt and anger. Since the Kardashians were brought up … I’m not a fan of that family or what they represent. Do I feel the need to constantly re-state that and call the Ks every epithet in the book, and in what arguably is a fan thread, or at least an interested observer thread? No. (Only Republican politicians get me that angry. 😕)

canbelto

I am not saying that I am all-omniscient. Maybe it's my lifetime of experiences, dealing with all types of people that I feel that I can trust my instincts wrt people. Maybe she's really a good person. I mean it would suck if she's actually an amazing selfless humanitarian like Diana and she just can't get on board with the Press. But the people blindly standing up for her and criticising her detractors sound very much like those who defend Donald Trump. They don't see how awful of a person he is, though it is apparent to anyone with working eyes, ears, and most importantly BRAINS. But then I would be all-omniscient to have the same opinion of Trump, right? Whatevs.

If she's a super swell person, it would be easy to change the course of her PR. She's not. Therein lies the problem. With her. IMO.

Well you certainly have all the answers for everything don't you?

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
get

I can't really contribute to the "gold-digger" discussion.

What I noticed is: Celebrities marry very often celebrities.

I don't think that money is the driving force. It seems to be a question of social status. To play a role on the big stage. To feel that you are important. At least, this is my impression.
And money isn't the only thing a gold-digger is looking for. It's STATUS. Raising your public profile. Meghan went from a D-list American actress to a Duchess. She thinks she's relevant and her voice is something to be heard. I think not.

canbelto

get

And money isn't the only thing a gold-digger is looking for. It's STATUS. Raising your public profile. Meghan went from a D-list American actress to a Duchess. She thinks she's relevant and her voice is something to be heard. I think not.

Well so Kate isn't a gold-digger? If you are to use this sort of slur, then everyone who marries into the BRF is a gold-digger. But what a surprise that you are only triggered by the "half-white" gold-digger. Also you don't think her voice is "something to be heard" but other people do. Y
You're racist. Just own it.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I love it. You think being a gay male makes you not racist?
That is not at all what I said. And frankly, I'm starting to wonder if you are just some random internet loonytoon that I am wasting my time with? What I said was MY EXPERIENCE as a gay man. I understand people being unfairly treated/mistreated just for being something they are. You don't seem to grasp that. You just want to argue. And it's a silly argument, because you seem disconnected from reality. You are so far off in judging my character and morals that you aren't worth much more of my time. Just saying.
The fact that you don't see the racism behind worrying that a baby will be dark skinned shows your white privilege.
Well I have mixed-ethnic friends with children and they would wonder too. If you aren't racist, you don't think in a racist way. You should consider that. Not everyone is racist.
Also calling her a "narcissistic manipulative half-white gold-digger" is racist. Why do you have to underline her race to make your point that you don't like her?
I didn't.
Also "entitled" is a racist dog whistle often used to put down POC. And what thehell did she do at Wimbledon?
Oh, so calling someone who ran through a million dollars in wardrobe in ONE year and acts like everyone is against her and owes her something as being "entitled" is now RACIST? You are something. Of what, I'll refrain. And you can look up Wimbledon. You already know, if you follow her as closely as you seem to. She was told how the RF dresses and she defied them and did her own thing. Like an entitled brat. And I did not mention her skin color either.

Also, I am not a haterz. I don't follow them anymore, especially after the Oprah interview. I see her as a conniving, deceitful, manipulative, controlling, narcissist. I don't spend much time thinking about people like that. That is, unless they are POTUS.

Husky

@canbelto.

I think it's very clear that Meghan is on a mission. There is so much in her that simply wants out, I don't see this in Kate: For example, in the Oprah interview Meghan complained that she was "silenced" by the RF though she always championed women's rights.

canbelto

That is not at all what I said. And frankly, I'm starting to wonder if you are just some random internet loonytoon that I am wasting my time with? What I said was MY EXPERIENCE as a gay man. I understand people being unfairly treated/mistreated just for being something they are. You don't seem to grasp that. You just want to argue. And it's a silly argument, because you seem disconnected from reality. You are so far off in judging my character and morals that you aren't worth much more of my time. Just saying.

Well I have mixed-ethnic friends with children and they would wonder too. If you aren't racist, you don't think in a racist way. You should consider that. Not everyone is racist.

I didn't.

Oh, so calling someone who ran through a million dollars in wardrobe in ONE year and acts like everyone is against her and owes her something as being "entitled" is now RACIST? You are something. Of what, I'll refrain. And you can look up Wimbledon. You already know, if you follow her as closely as you seem to. She was told how the RF dresses and she defied them and did her own thing. Like an entitled brat. And I did not mention her skin color either.

Also, I am not a haterz. I don't follow them anymore, especially after the Oprah interview. I see her as a conniving, deceitful, manipulative, controlling, narcissist. I don't spend much time thinking about people like that. That is, unless they are POTUS.

1) No I'm not an internet loony toon I've been at this board since the Michelle Kwan days
2) It's one thing for parents to wonder. It's another for hostile relatives to wonder out loud. And "if you're not racist you don't think in a racist way" is absurd. Everyone has unconscious and implicit biases and those who deny them are often the most insensitive
3) Wearing jeans means she's "conniving, deceitful, manipulative, controlling, narcissist"? Wow. Why don't you get out your white hood? Because of you hate someone that much then you have issues.
4) For someone who "doesn't follow them anymore" you sure seem to follow them obsessively.

canbelto

@canbelto.

I think it's very clear that Meghan is on a mission. There is so much in her that simply wants out, I don't see this in Kate: For example, in the Oprah interview Meghan complained that she was "silenced" by the RF though she always championed women's rights.

Some people have personal causes. Prince Charles has personal causes, so did Diana and so does Camila. SOmehow it's only a problem when it's Meghan?

MsZem

I see the sea
I find it interesting how Meghan/Harry haterz feel a need to continuously project their contempt and anger. Since the Kardashians were brought up … I’m not a fan of that family or what they represent. Do I feel the need to constantly re-state that and call the Ks every epithet in the book, and in what arguably is a fan thread, or at least an interested observer thread? No. (Only Republican politicians get me that angry. 😕)
This is a bit of a tangent, but the Kardashians strike me as pretty harmless. Plus, while what they do isn't particularly meaningful, they do work at it (and Kim's criminal justice advocacy is admirable). They don't really deserve the nastiness they attract, either.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
1) No I'm not an internet loony toon I've been at this board since the Michelle Kwan days
One does not preclude the other.
2) It's one thing for parents to wonder. It's another for hostile relatives to wonder out loud. And "if you're not racist you don't think in a racist way" is absurd. Everyone has unconscious and implicit biases and those who deny them are often the most insensitive
So what's your story then? You seem angry and really deluded in your faithful belief that Meghan is not who she screams she is. And who the hell are you to decide who is acceptable to question anything? You don't know every person, every family. In my family, I have half white cousins, and every time someone got pregnant we all wondered what their coloring might be. Will the blond hair come through? That kind of thing. None of us are racists, so no one was screaming how racist it is to wonder what your kid will look like...

And Andrew (the rumor) was not being hostile when he said it. Meghan found an easy GOTCHA to make herself the poor silenced victim. Give me a break. She's as much a victim as Trump.
3) Wearing jeans means she's "conniving, deceitful, manipulative, controlling, narcissist"? Wow. Why don't you get out your white hood? Because of you hate someone that much then you have issues.
Canbelto, I'm saying this seriously. You are not making sense, and you are appearing like an unstable and unthinking person. I am sorry if you are having issues in your life, but you are not acting rationally.

My white hood? Wow, now you really have gone off your rocker. How insulting and yes, OFFENSIVE.

I don't hate her. I think she's a bad egg. I could be wrong, but well, this one seems pretty clearcut. And I even gave Trump a "chance" too. Sometimes things are obvious.
4) For someone who "doesn't follow them anymore" you sure seem to follow them obsessively.
How so? I clicked on this thread after a couple months. That was after you called me a racist the last time I posted in this thread. I'm not a racist, but you appear to be some kind of an "-ist" of something ugly. I don't have the energy or desire to know what your issue/s are or how to help you, and I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Husky

Some people have personal causes. Prince Charles has personal causes, so did Diana and so does Camila. SOmehow it's only a problem when it's Meghan?
I don't think that you understood what I wanted to say. And who said that I have a problem with it? I find both women who are very different in character and the RF plus the whole media surrounding them very interesting. I am neither pro nor con, I think ... or my judgements may change over time, based on new facts (the truth). But never mind, you are too upset to discuss.

canbelto

One does not preclude the other.

So what's your story then? You seem angry and really deluded in your faithful belief that Meghan is not who she screams she is. And who the hell are you to decide who is acceptable to question anything? You don't know every person, every family. In my family, I have half white cousins, and every time someone got pregnant we all wondered what their coloring might be. Will the blond hair come through? That kind of thing. None of us are racists, so no one was screaming how racist it is to wonder what your kid will look like...

And Andrew (the rumor) was not being hostile when he said it. Meghan found an easy GOTCHA to make herself the poor silenced victim. Give me a break. She's as much a victim as Trump.

Canbelto, I'm saying this seriously. You are not making sense, and you are appearing like an unstable and unthinking person. I am sorry if you are having issues in your life, but you are not acting rationally.

My white hood? Wow, now you really have gone off your rocker. How insulting and yes, OFFENSIVE.

I don't hate her. I think she's a bad egg. I could be wrong, but well, this one seems pretty clearcut.

How so? I clicked on this thread after a couple months. That was after you called me a racist the last time I posted in this thread. I'm not a racist, but you appear to be some kind of an "-ist" of something ugly. I don't have the energy or desire to know what your issue/s are or how to help you, and I'm sorry.

1) If "everyone in your family" wonders about skin tone and coloring then I feel sorry for the poor souls who marry into your family, because that's offensive.

2) I don't think it's Andrew who said it. Why do you think it's Andrew?

3) I',m not unstable. I'm just never going to back down from racists. I don't care that you're 'half-white, half-gay." You're racist.

4) You seem so clear that you know everything about her. How? It's not like you know her at all.

5) So you're calling me mentally ill. That's such a typical racist white male tactic, to call anyone who is female, opinionated, and not afraid to call white males out on their shit as "crazy."

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I find it funny that the American industrial multi-millionaire heiresses who married into European titled families whose estates were crumbling because their money had run out would have been called "gold-diggers" under this definition.
I find it funny too because times have changed very much since the American industrial revolution. Many of my favorite heiresses bought their titles just for the title and to show off amongst their gilded set jaded debutantes. They were BUYING the titles, which were mostly meaningless (Prince Alexis Mdivani? Puh-leaze..). I don't think marrying Mdivani raised Barbara Hutton's status nor did the Count and Duke she later married.

So in other words, I do not see how/why you think those heiresses would have been called "gold-diggers" under this definition.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
So in other words, I do not see how/why you think those heiresses would have been called "gold-diggers" under this definition.
The American heiresses who came over to England to bale out titled men in need of money certainly fit your description below.
And money isn't the only thing a gold-digger is looking for. It's STATUS.
Although it may have been more about what their parents wanted.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Today, there is an article that some people in or close to (?) the palace could sue Netflix for their portrayel in "The Crown".
In the US, anyone can sue anyone for anything. That doesn't mean they will win and there is no way that this lawsuit could be won in the US. My understanding is that the laws in the UK would make it even harder to win.

And "if you're not racist you don't think in a racist way" is absurd.

This is a bit of a tangent, but the Kardashians strike me as pretty harmless. Plus, while what they do isn't particularly meaningful, they do work at it (and Kim's criminal justice advocacy is admirable). They don't really deserve the nastiness they attract, either.
I think the issue is that in the beginning, the Kardashians were famous for things other than their accomplishments. Of which they didn't really have any. Plus they came off as a bit vapid.

But these days they have shown they are good businesswomen and do have accomplishments so most of us have stoped :rolleyes: at their fame. Or maybe it's just that this sort of thing doesn't push my buttons?

Japanfan

I would think that most people, including gold diggers, would prefer to steer clear of royalty.

The cost of marrying royalty arguably exceeds the wealth gained through marrying royalty - living in a fish bowl, having your ever move and ever outfit scrutinized, publised, and commented on by the media. Being hounded by the media. Having to look good and present well ALL THE TIME. Having to spend hours in the morning being pampered and prepared - may sound like a luxury, but I'm sure it gets tedious. Very long days. Lots of boring dinner parties with wonderful food you can only taste, but not really enjoy. Having to watch one's weight all the time. Having very little time to call one's own. Add to that, the responsibilities of the office.

I wouldn't want it, not for all the money in the world.

Husky

I agree, I find this kind of life very stressful. Esp. for beautiful women who have a hard time to age. Nethertheless, some women find it highly desirable to live their childhood dream of being a princess. Did you know that Prince Rainier asked several Hollywood beauties to marry him? One of them Marilyn? Sounds like an arranged marriage with Grace Kelly. Wonder if she ever regretted it.

jadingirl

Just something small to share. When Meghan was still in Toronto working and dating Harry which had been made public by this time she use to frequent a store my sister worked for. My sister was in doing the books one day when Meghan popped in to pick up some candles and she was perfectly nice and normal. It was funny because my sister is definitely a fan of the royals and she didn't realized who Meghan was until the owner of the store told her once Meghan had left.

I feel for her - to me she married the man she loved who happened to be rich and famous and had a real shock when she found out she had a whole new set of rules to play by. Why wouldn't she expect to be treated as an equal to her sister-in-law? Why does she have to give up her job? Perhaps if she had more time to get used to it all it would have been different.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I feel for her - to me she married the man she loved who happened to be rich and famous and had a real shock when she found out she had a whole new set of rules to play by.
I do agree that she was shocked but I don't understand how she could not have realized this ahead of time. Everyone knows that the BRF has all sorts of rules and behavior that are not allowed or are expected. This should not have been a surprise to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information