Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I genuinely think Harry hates the media intrusion into his life and would much rather live a more natural life.

So I don’t understand why he is basically tearing strips off himself to feed to the media like this. Because when he’s kept to himself in California, he’s basically been free to get about unbothered. But I don’t imagine that will be the case now.
Because he married someone who craves the spotlight.

becca

I think there has been ton of talk about
When Anne was young, she had a reputation of being "difficult." However, a lot of it had to be with being a blunt person and a woman and the world was way more sexist back then.

It's quite possible that Meghan is hard to work for but she has had employees and been an employee before and we don't here any of her work colleagues or bosses or employees from those jobs complaining about her. It's only the BRF. I would have less trouble believing she sucked because she's horrible if everyone complained about her. Instead it's only people in this one world. That says to me that the problem isn't her being a horrible person but something about the situation, whether it be people won't take from her what they'd take others, like with Anne, or her not understanding what was considered acceptable. Or both.

Now that I think would qualify as bullying.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with sending out emails and texts about work when you are working even if it's at hours other people aren't. AS LONG AS you understand that people aren't obligated to respond until working hours. (Assuming it's not a 24/7 kind of job like being President or a doctor on call.)
Its possible Meghans other employees signed a non disclosure. She also wasn’t a Duchess in those scenarios. There has also been plenty of talk about how Meghan has treated others in her life.

We don’t know the situation but the talk has been going on for years. And I also got to say why go on media and start criticizing Harry’s family for money.
How is she acting any different from her sister and family?

I am sorry it’s not a good look.

And maybe the royal family did protect her by trying to keep things quite and are now like well okay.

I have to say poor treatment of staff by a member of royal family would be way worse. Because the royal family is being funded by the tax payers these people are in an unearned position.

But even without the bullying staff I don’t like the look of doing interviews criticizing ones family. It speaks volumes about ones character.

liv

I still don't understand what has motivated this tell all with Oprah, what is the goal.... other than publicity, spin, control of the narrative, sympathy. If they truly wanted the privacy they claimed to want, an interview with Oprah would not be happening. However, they've been out of the spotlight too long so people have to be reminded that they exist and the best way to get people talking about them again is to air their grievances in public.. and if it's Royal, all the better.

becca

I still don't understand what has motivated this tell all with Oprah, what is the goal.... other than publicity, spin, control of the narrative, sympathy. If they truly wanted the privacy they claimed to want, an interview with Oprah would not be happening. However, they've been out of the spotlight too long so people have to be reminded that they exist and the best way to get people talking about them again is to air their grievances in public.. and if it's Royal, all the better.
Exactly and Prince Phillip is in the hospital. Dealing with heart issues.
And didn’t she throw her father away for talking to the media but now does this herself?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

If you're concerned about other people controlling the narrative about you, there is no better way to get your side of the story out there than to do your own interview. Especially on prime-time TV with an interviewer who is well-known for asking sympathetic questions.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
We don’t know the situation but the talk has been going on for years. And I also got to say why go on media and start criticizing Harry’s family for money.

From https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/explaine...rince-harry-paid-for-oprah-winfrey-interview/
A spokesperson for Oprah told Page Six: “A spokeswoman for the Oprah Winfrey Network confirmed that the couple won’t be collecting a pay cheque and said that no donations are being made to their charity."

becca

starrynight

For Harry to act so out of character to invite the usually distrusted media into his life by doing a tell all interview to be broadcast in 70 nations.... well he must just really hate his family at this point and have a massive grudge.

And I do think that’s sad that he views the situation as being beyond any hope of reconciliation.

starrynight

The royal family of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth isn’t USA party politics, so let’s leave that out of it. The rest of the world doesn’t revolve around USA politicians.

However I do think this interview is being staged for the USA audience. It certainly isn’t a PR exercise for back home.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Oh god, the MAGA trilogy of @Karen-W , @AxelAnnie and @becca just happen to be the three most vocal haters. What a shocker.
Newsflash - one can be MAGA and still like them. I voted for Trump in 2016 and was very pleased for Harry and Meghan when they got engaged. I even took the day of their wedding off of work to watch that grand, glorious event. But, I am also capable of rational, logical analysis and their actions in the last few years have made me question them, even, dare I say it, sour on them.

I keep asking you to stop generalizing and putting words in other people's mouths in this thread because there is far more nuance and rationale behind people's actions and behaviors than just race. I don't know why it is so hard for you to accept that not everyone acts and treats people through the lens of race.
Haters? You're the one calling people names.
How did you escape the attempted insult, @Lemonade20?! You are just as vocal in your "hatred" of Meghan as any of the rest of us, lol.

Last edited:

Parsley Sage

Thomas Markle was not paid for the sharing the letter with the Mail on Sunday

"The Mail on Sunday has always maintained that it did not edit the letter in any way that changed its meaning. The newspaper has also made clear that it did not pay Thomas Markle when he provided the letter to the newspaper."

Jason Knauf, the staff member who wrote the letter to HR about Meghan's alleged bullying, is American.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
So this isn’t about increasing their celebrity so they can make more money. These aren’t people working let’s saying regular jobs like Princess Eugene. And I am sorry it still doesn’t look good. And as for people controlling the narrative. Nobody is talking about them much. They want the attention.

They apparently have a contract to make shows for Netflix, so yes, they do have jobs.

And if you think nobody is talking about them, you haven't been paying a lot of attention.

becca

I am sorry I don’t
They apparently have a contract to make shows for Netflix, so yes, they do have jobs.

And if you think nobody is talking about them, you haven't been paying a lot of attention.
Shows based on their name and celebrities.

becca

So what? It's still work and they're getting paid to do it.
The point is making interviews keeps their exposure so it’s part of making money.
For example Princess Beatrice works in finance. She is not making money off
the Royal name. You don’t think she hasn’t ever been criticized by the Press?

Or had Family issues? Is she out their giving tell all interviews.

Yes there are issues being part of the royal family but opportunities too.

puglover

I am very confused as to where Harry is in all of this. In the bus top interview he did with JC he seemed to want to share the endearing story of the waffle iron his grandmother gave Archie for Christmas. Only really interesting to anyone else because she is the Queen of England. I thought that comment may have been to make it clear they remain close and family regardless of the move away from royal duties. No matter what anyone says, this rabid ongoing interest in them and the netflix deal worth millions are a direct result of his position in the royal family and their apparent fairytale romance and marriage. So you're out - live your life - do your thing - "build a better world".

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
For Harry to act so out of character to invite the usually distrusted media into his life by doing a tell all interview to be broadcast in 70 nations.... well he must just really hate his family at this point and have a massive grudge.

And I do think that’s sad that he views the situation as being beyond any hope of reconciliation.
I think Harry blindly follows Meghan....and they are driving right off the cliff.
I still can't get my mind around Harry not visiting his grandfather.

starrynight

I am very confused as to where Harry is in all of this. In the bus top interview he did with JC he seemed to want to share the endearing story of the waffle iron his grandmother gave Archie for Christmas. Only really interesting to anyone else because she is the Queen of England. I thought that comment may have been to make it clear they remain close and family regardless of the move away from royal duties. No matter what anyone says, this rabid ongoing interest in them and the netflix deal worth millions are a direct result of his position in the royal family and their apparent fairytale romance and marriage. So you're out - live your life - do your thing - "build a better world".

Perhaps the full interview will make it clearer if Harry is fully on board with what seems to have turned into a full scale ‘take down’ of the royal family.

The only clip we’ve seen so far is about Harry indicating he wanted to protect his family from the media spotlight. Which is absolutely the opposite of what this circus is doing.

Certainly just because two people are married doesn’t mean they automatically have identical views to each other. But they operate professionally as a single unit.

canbelto

Omg. Have any of you even watched Oprah interviews? She doesn't do full scale take-downs. Oprah is not Mike Wallace. Oprah is good at presenting people the way they want to be presented. She's like Larry King that way.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Omg. Have any of you even watched Oprah interviews? She doesn't do full scale take-downs. Oprah is not Mike Wallace. Oprah is good at presenting people the way they want to be presented. She's like Larry King that way.
I think the "full scale take-down" was in reference to H&M doing that to the BRF through this interview, not that Oprah is a hard-hitting Mike Wallace-esque style interviewer.

puglover

So far the bulk of their hostility has been aimed at the media and specifically the British tabloid media. The last quote I read from supposedly Meghan about the Oprah interview referred to "the firm" expecting them to remain quiet. I thought "the firm" included the BRF and the Queen. I hope I am wrong - that it is more a reference to the men in suits and Buckingham Palace and protocol and tradition and not Harry's family.

MsZem

I see the sea
If you're concerned about other people controlling the narrative about you, there is no better way to get your side of the story out there than to do your own interview. Especially on prime-time TV with an interviewer who is well-known for asking sympathetic questions.
What I don't understand is what precipitated the decision to discuss their relationship with the BRF so publicly at this time. The statement from the BRF last month was that Harry and Meghan were going to continue living their own lives but remain much-loved members of the family. That doesn't strike me as something that really needs to be countered. Was there any other statement or story in recent months that I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information