Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
I am happy that both mother and baby are healthy and at home. And I think Lili has a sweet name that her parents have given her and don’t understand the apparent need to see any ulterior or dismissive reasons for choosing it and not something else. Lili and Archie sound well together to my ears.

Judy

I have to say I was floored by that name. I think it's the fact that Harry's relationship with his family is so very bad at the moment, and yet he names his child something that is holding up a mirror to the family he currently isn't talking to?

It does create an idyllic image of happy families, I suppose. But that couldn't be further from the truth in reality. As for Meghan, I would have thought the door was completely closed on this for her (particularly after what she says Harry's family did to her) and yet she would want this name? However, as celebrity baby names go, it's got everyone's attention.

I mean, good for them if this is a reconciliatory move. If so, a lot must have changed over the past couple of weeks.
Harry has always been close to the queen and Meghan never said anything bad about her. Never assume from the gossip rags who they are not talking to though.

starrynight

Says who?

Her parents have settled in the US permanently. Although you are right the daughter could choose to move to the UK as an adult if she wants.

Anyway, if Harry and Meghan are back to happy family status with the royals and have put everything behind them and moved on, then good on them.

It’s likely after some time out he has realised how important royal life actually is to him. Perhaps this is the first step to them eventually moving back to the UK to resume royal duties.

Last edited:

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Harry and Meghan announce that their new daughter is born. And I'm liking the name Lilibet (although who cares if I like it. I am firmly of the opinion, it's your baby, you name it what you want, and I will tell you what a lovely name it is. No matter my real opinion ;) )

and folks turn that into a reason for bitchy comments?

Says a lot more about the posters who would turn even this happy event into a bitchfest than it does about Harry and Meghan.:rolleyes:

Congratulations to the parents and to the new big brother:cheer2:

canbelto

Harry and Meghan announce that their new daughter is born. And I'm liking the name Lilibet (although who cares if I like it. I am firmly of the opinion, it's your baby, you name it what you want, and I will tell you what a lovely name it is. No matter my real opinion ;) )

and folks turn that into a reason for bitchy comments?

Says a lot more about the posters who would turn even this happy event into a bitchfest than it does about Harry and Meghan.:rolleyes:

Congratulations to the parents and to the new big brother:cheer2:

DOn't you know the proper response to a woman giving birth is to bitch about it on a figure skating board? :lol:

starrynight

I don’t think anyone can pretend that this name isn’t a huge talking point given the bombshell allegations Harry and Meghan have made about his family recently.

I do think it’s likely that it is a reconciliatory gesture designed to walk back some of those criticisms and restore unity with the royal family.

Much of the support of Harry and Meghan comes from anti-royalist corners, but the reality is that both of them are very pro-royal (big into titles and royal styling etc). This might be a step to re-align the narrative back to a pro-royal stance.

I really am happy for everyone involved if reconciliation is underway.

starrynight

Sure didn't take long ...

Hey there’s an offensive emoji you quoted me as using that I certainly didn’t put in my messages(-and never have).

I assume that it’s a typo, where something was accidentally written into a quote when I post was being made, but I would appreciate it if it could be edited. So other posters don’t actually think I used that emoji.

attyfan

Why am I thinking that the British Royal Family will endorse US-born baby Lilibet as a future President? Seriously ... mazel tov to the family!

starrynight

A baby was born and was named after their great-grandparent.

It’s a nice gesture.

I can’t stand at least half the royals and even I think it’s nice.

I was more confused than anything.

So I think that the answer is things aren’t as bad as with his family as they’ve been made out to be and the child is named after the great grand parent as is sometimes the case in families and things with his family are ok and on the mend. So that’s that.

ballettmaus

Her parents have settled in the US permanently. Although you are right the daughter could choose to move to the UK as an adult if she wants.
She could also decide to move elsewhere for whatever reason or her job could lead her elsewhere and she could also become a politician or a groundbreaking scientist or whatever. There is no rule that says she'll live her life as a private US citizen. The sky should be the limit for the Little Lady and hopefully, by the time she's old enough, the sky will be the limit for her!

jeffisjeff

Regardless of @starrynight 's opinion and how it was expressed, I agree it's unfair to put something into the post that wasn't there and that @starrynight has asked to have removed.
While I don't agree with you on this, I am not sure what the position of the admins is on this, so I have added an explanatory note to my original post so that nobody else will be confused or unnecessarily distressed. :D

starrynight

The sub name for the Politically Incorrect board (which is equally applicable here) is:

"People who feel the urgent need to speak out about politics constantly on some pointless section of a figure skating forum that is only frequented by the same 30 people who all know each others opinions by heart after 2 days" ;-)

We all all predictable on here, but I will always find differing view points interesting or otherwise I’d go find an echo chamber to post on.

In fact, the posts here are interesting in framing a discussion from a range of sides.

In my opinion, FSU (when looking at all the posts as a collective) reaches a far more interesting middle ground on these two than the echo chamber discussions elsewhere on the internet.

Last edited:

Judy

There are a lot of details in that book that only Harry or Meghan could have known (things that happened when they were alone). So if they didn't cooperate, someone very close to them who knows intimate details of their private lives did. And given how quick they are to sue, or issue statements denying or countering stories they don't feel are accurate, I have to believe they would have been more forceful in denying or trying to block publication if they hadn't at least tacitly approved the content. Maybe they didn't speak to the authors themselves, but they authorized people close to them to speak on their behalf.
They would have given permission to their friends to speak imo.

Judy

I am happy that both mother and baby are healthy and at home. And I think Lili has a sweet name that her parents have given her and don’t understand the apparent need to see any ulterior or dismissive reasons for choosing it and not something else. Lili and Archie sound well together to my ears.
It’s also every parents right what they name their baby.

Cachoo

I swear I don’t have my head in the sand but I didn’t know she was preggers. Congratulations and adorable name choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information