Junior Women - SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Live Results - https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2024/33688/CAT006SEG012.html

1 Jessica Jurka, Fort Wayne ISC
2 Alina Bonillo, DuPage FSC
3 Emilia Nemirovsky, Detroit SC
4 Sophie Joline von Felten, SC of Boston
5 Zhiqi Zhang, SC of Wilmington
6 Hannah Kim, Pasadena FSC

7 Keira Hilbelink, Portland ISC
8 Sofia Bezkorovainaya, Washington FSC
9 Angela Shao, Ann Arbor FSC
10 Maria Platonova, Panthers FSC
11 Jasmine Clarke, Washington FSC
12 Elena Wilson, Cottonwood Heights FSC

13 Jiaying Ellyse Johnson, DuPage FSC
14 Teryn Kim, Glacier Falls FSC
15 Ela Cui, SC of Boston
16 Cleo Park, Glacier Falls FSC
17 Logan Higase-Chen, Broadmoor SC
18 Annika Chao, Glacier Falls FSC

Bios - https://www.usfigureskating.org/sites/default/files/media-files/Junior Women.pdf?force_isolation=true

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Excited for this! Too many interesting skaters and coaches. Bring it on!

Peacock is up!

Karen-W

effin' insomnia - been wide awake for 2.5 hours. I'm thinking work might not happen today.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Jurka has springy little jumps but also she pre-rotates quite a bit

Sarah

Second skater and the announcers are already struggling. It's going to be a long week...

LeafOnTheWind

I know they are trying to show balance and different body positions in the footwork but it ends up looking like they are just picking up stuff off the ice as they repeatedly bend down.

Karen-W

On a fashion note... clearly the first three girls got the maroon/black memo...

Karen-W

Emilia Nemirovsky could be Loena Hendrickx's slightly darker-haired doppelganger or younger sister.

Rukia

Nemirovsky's dress is certainly something. Great jumps, but her spins and fw could use some more work.

Rukia

von Felton's jumps are kind of small and iffy on rotation. She has lovely skating otherwise, but those jumps will be an issue.

Rukia

Zhang is adorable and I love this red dress! Good energy and spring to jumps, but she pre-rotated both jumps in the combo. Lutz was better technique-wise, but then she fell. Love the rest of her skating though.

Sarah

Zhang is adorable and I love this red dress! Good energy and spring to jumps, but she pre-rotated both jumps in the combo. Lutz was better technique-wise, but then she fell. Love the rest of her skating though.
She skates with Victor Pfeifer so hopefully she'll improve. I like her a lot. And she's still very young.

Karen-W

That was some senior level perk from Zhang... and I sort of feel like she gives that much every program, not just for "Mambo Italiano", lol.

Rukia

Kim starting out with miming oh dear. Lots of height and distance on her 3s-3t, but also landed the sal really flat and toe really hooky lol. Fell on lutz. Axel was better. Not the best use of arms in the fw, but she's trying to mime it up which I appreciate.

Karen-W

Maroon/black costumes = 2
Red/black costumes = 2
Red costume = 1
Blue costume = 1

I'm gonna keep track of this for the rest of this competition now, lol.
Oooooo... I can see a green/black costume in this warmup group. And another red one. Ooooo... a white dress!

Rukia

Hilbelink has huge jumps! Also look very clean. I remember being impressed with her in the past and that has not changed. She's great.

LeafOnTheWind

I like the white dress in theory. The color balance is still off on my tv and I can't find the right balance. She's just a head flying along the ice and occasionally stands out against an ad on the boards.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Lots of personality from Keira! I'm always partial to "That Man." Not sure it's quite right for a junior, but she skated up to it about as well as a junior could.

Karen-W

Hilbelink has huge jumps! Also look very clean. I remember being impressed with her in the past and that has not changed. She's great.
Hopefully she'll still have those jumps next season when she's age-eligible for the JGP!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Keira H. - love that upbeat music & style…and how she saved those off-axis jumps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information