Novice Pairs - SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Karen-W

USFS cheapin' out on us for the novice events with no TES tracker.

Taich/Chapa have so much potential! Nice 2tw and double throw! Their spins can use a LOT of work though, lol.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
They were cute and I wasn't scared for them which is something

Karen-W

So cute in the KnC - Baylen is handing out the stuffies to everyone including the coaches, lol. This girl has pairs diva written all over her.

Rukia

Princess dress with funk music idk

Another pair I hope can stay together and progress. They have nice basics.

Karen-W

Jarmoc/Witkowski - very classy/mature look that doesn't match their music, lol. Nice SBS 2As! Definitely a bit more controlled and refined than Taich/Chapa.

Karen-W

Kovar/Apter - Our first Grease program of the week! Twist didn't have much height or air. Spins can use work and should not have been their last element, lol.

Rukia

oh no disaster on the sbs spin entrance for her poor thing

Karen-W

Grohne/Lunt - these costumes look like something out of the '70s. Oh, is this a Rio program? I recognize LajLag's music, lol. That first lift position is unattractive. WASA needs to do better. And he fell on their SBS jumps. And then she went down on her spin entrance. That is going to put them solidly behind the other three teams.

Sarah

Start Order:
1Jolena Grohne, Broadmoor SC
Reede Lunt, Fort Collins FSC
2Milada Kovar, Wasatch FSC
Nickolai Apter, Great Lakes FSC
3Baylen Taich, DuPage FSC
Michael Chapa, St. Moritz ISC
4Sofia Jarmoc, SC of Boston
Luke Witkowski, SC of Boston

Karen-W

I'm here - just catching up on some other reading, lol.

Karen-W

Grohne/Lunt - messy SBS jumps, sloooooow pairs spin. Her skirt has a bunch of whickety-whack on it - more than the bodice of the dress, lol.

Sarah

Grohne/Lunt - she can jump, he can't unfortunately. I think she's landed every sbs jump so far and he's fallen on each. She could be really good. But, lifts weren't terrifying which is good for novice.

Karen-W

Kovar/Apter - nice 2tw. Throws don't get much height or distance but fine otherwise. He needs to work on his posture. Bit scary bladework from him on the 2nd lift but she came down safely. Some nice bits in the choreo sequence. Great speed on the spin! Maybe too much since they finished well ahead of their music, lol. But overall quite pleasant.

Rukia

Taich/Chapa seem pretty well-matched. Also he threw her way crooked on a throw and she managed to right herself and just touch one hand down when I thought she'd be nowhere close to landing it. Impressive.

Karen-W

Taich/Chapa - high twist with lots of air for a 3rd revolution. Jumps are not SBS or in synch but they both stood up, lol. Good lifts. Another slooooow, messy pairs spin.

They won't be age-eligible next season for the JGP unless the ISU raises the age limit for Jr pairs men, so let's cross our fingers for them because I'd love to see them on the JGP.

Sarah

Taich/Chapa - Some really nice moments! First sbs way out of sync, but otherwise? Really like them. Free is much better than their short. They're so well matched so it's unfortunate about their age eligibility issues.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
"All About the Bass" as interval music for an event with small pre-teen and teen girls šŸ˜…

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information