Junior Pairs - SP & FS

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Yeah, white T-shirt and black pants really scream "charming little French song." At least stick a scarf on him or something.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Williams/Lewer - season debut. Not bad on the 3tw. Good SBS 2As! Bit pitched forward on the throw. Spin disaster for her. Even with that error and her time off for injury & surgery, they're still clearly a cut above the rest of the teams so far.

just tuned in

Okay, so I was going to do a dance test to this song (Once upon a December). I did not end up with this music, but at least I know it is a waltz.

Karen-W

Flores/Wang - bit crashy on the 3tw landing but pretty good for juniors. She two-footed her throw landing. Their international experience is really showing. Well, just a step-out from him on the 2A is pretty good. Nice synch for the most part on the spins. Beautiful leaps in their step sequence!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
FloWang. Twist a little crashy and flaws in the jumps and throw, but not a disaster. Best spin by a mile as is the footwork. Should lead easily.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I swear her head was on the ice in the DS, not just grazing but resting on it. Doesn't that make it an invalid element?

Sarah

F/W have improved so much this season in terms of presentation and expression. They have a lot of potential. Time in juniors is serving them well.

BittyBug

Disgusted
Flores / Wang were the only team who looked like they might credibly skate up to Senior next year.

AYS

🌻
Flores/Wang have improved so much in this past year. Nice job! The judges ranged from -2 up to +3 on the death spiral, so they seem to be split on whether the head was too far down or just right.

That was a pretty unscary competition as. junior pairs go and very entertaining K&C. :)

Karen-W

Short Program results - https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2024/33688/SEGM003.html
19Olivia Flores, Thunderbirds FSC
Luke Wang, Los Angeles FSC
24Sydney Cooke, Elite Edge SC
Matthew Kennedy, Patriot FSC
38Naomi Williams, SC of Boston
Lachlan Lewer, Broadmoor SC
46Reagan Moss, SC of New York
Jakub Galbavy, SC of New York
52Saya Carpenter, Detroit SC
Jon Maravilla, Detroit SC
67Adele Zheng, DuPage FSC
Andy Deng, Fort Wayne ISC
73Audrey Park, All Year FSC
Carter Griffin, All Year FSC
81Ashley Fletcher, Orange County FSC
Aaron Felberbaum, DuPage FSC
95Melania Delis, All Year FSC
Jaden Schwab, St. Paul FSC

Aceon6

Hi, everyone! For those following my chicken soup saga, I may have gone a bit overboard with the salt. Time to drop a raw potato in!

I’m most looking forward to seeing how Williams/Lewer are coming along. I hope she feels confident that her foot is healing well and they can skate well given the amount of training they lost.

Karen-W

Delis/Schwab - he is just not very good, IMO. She has potential, though. Maybe she should have a tryout with Danylo Siianytsia since she's old enough for seniors.

Aceon6

DelisSch up first. Love her aqua dress. Don’t love the music. Other than his fall on the SBS, they did the elements they do pretty much to the best of their ability. Good job.

Karen-W

Jaden always looks like he's wearing a small amount of guyliner. I don't think he is but rather its just the way his eyes are set in his face.

ChillSkate

Jaden again in an all-black costume that has nothing to with his partner's full-out beaded up costume. Maybe his costumes were lost in transit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information