Joshua Farris: Not Allergic To Gold - the Uber thread!

Sylvia

TBD

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I can't tell if he's being sarcastic, because they're the only two GP events he's been to, or sincere. Or maybe both.

I think he is being sincere. Actually, he has been in attendance at three GPs, but it would not surprise me that he has no pleasant memory of his first trip to Cup of Russia.

dinakt

:) for the 2009 EX.
I wish there were some news of Josh and his programs. So far we only had a vague TSL reference to Josh being possibly injured, and I sure hope there's nothing serious.
I guess we'll know smth depending on what he does for his Sun Valley show.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
:) for the 2009 EX.
I wish there were some news of Josh and his programs. So far we only had a vague TSL reference to Josh being possibly injured, and I sure hope there's nothing serious.
I guess we'll know smth depending on what he does for his Sun Valley show.

It's not easy being an uber of a skater who keeps everything so deep under wraps. :drama:

Jammers

I wonder if Josh will ever reach his potential. He seems fragile both mentally and physically. Jason may not have as much natural ability but seems to get the most out of it while Josh has floundered a bit until the end of last season.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Well said (written), dinakt!

Trivia: I was compiling scores for my Scoretracker blog and saw that Farris competed his short program at the small Denver Invitational club competition in mid-March, as a warmup right before 2015 Worlds. All that's published online is his segment score (80.91).

DreamSkates

I wonder if Josh will ever reach his potential. He seems fragile both mentally and physically. Jason may not have as much natural ability but seems to get the most out of it while Josh has floundered a bit until the end of last season.

There are many skaters who appear "fragile" but when I think of the demands and training that go into preparing for and competing, it is a deeply emotional journey for all. Some show their emotions, some master them, some are torn apart by them. Sport isn't all about physical prowess, one also has to develop the emotional "guts" to face their competitors, the press, the fans, etc.

dinakt

There are many skaters who appear "fragile" but when I think of the demands and training that go into preparing for and competing, it is a deeply emotional journey for all. Some show their emotions, some master them, some are torn apart by them. Sport isn't all about physical prowess, one also has to develop the emotional "guts" to face their competitors, the press, the fans, etc.
This! And it is easier for some than others, just like quads, musicality or transitions.
Anybody going to Sun Valley on July 25??? Hope Josh shows up and am very curious about the programs he chooses to present.

dinakt

Josh canceled Sun Valley show, Ryan Bradley stepped in. Press release said "due to injury".

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Josh canceled Sun Valley show, Ryan Bradley stepped in. Press release said "due to injury".

I can't see a press release anywhere?

I hope it's merely precautionary. He's had enough bad luck to last most skaters a whole career.

dinakt

I can't see a press release anywhere?

I hope it's merely precautionary. He's had enough bad luck to last most skaters a whole career.
google Josh Farris Sun Valley. They issued press release and then just substituted Ryan Bradley and stopped showing it. I only know because I had this date in mind, hoping for new programs.

personwhoishere

Any word on what the injury was/how serious it is? I feel like if he were pulling out of the GP series we would've heard something, right?

ilovepaydays

Any word on what the injury was/how serious it is? I feel like if he were pulling out of the GP series we would've heard something, right?

I've seen this Instagram video in other threads, but I believe you can see Josh skating around in this TSL clip of Max Aaron: https://instagram.com/p/6VOW9SqEOd/.

If that is Josh, he is at least well enough to be able to skate - no idea from this is he is either 100% or only able to do limited things.

I haven't seen any TSL coverage of Josh during their #tslontheroad, but to be fair, the only footage of a Krall/Allen skater I've seen is of Liam Firus. It could be simply of preference of Josh's (and well as Angela or Lukas or the rest of them) to not be covered by TSL.

rhapsody

I've seen this Instagram video in other threads, but I believe you can see Josh skating around in this TSL clip of Max Aaron: https://instagram.com/p/6VOW9SqEOd/.

If that is Josh, he is at least well enough to be able to skate - no idea from this is he is either 100% or only able to do limited things.

I haven't seen any TSL coverage of Josh during their #tslontheroad, but to be fair, the only footage of a Krall/Allen skater I've seen is of Liam Firus. It could be simply of preference of Josh's (and well as Angela or Lukas or the rest of them) to not be covered by TSL.

I'm pretty sure that's Jamie Wright in the video.

dinakt

Link to Amy Rosewater's tweet about Josh Farris today: https://twitter.com/amyrosewater/status/635927518709608449

(This unfortunate news was cross-posted earlier today in both the Champs Camp and U.S. Men's threads in GSD.)
Thank you, Sylvia.
Sending Josh best wishes for speedy recovery.
But his camp really needs to rethink their publicity policy. It's all fine with Josh being an introvert and abhorring arrogance- somebody can update for him if need be, and with little detail. But such persistent silence can create unnecessary paranoia in the fans, and, I imagine, even in the officials who are not "in the know". Ironically, the way NOT to stand out is to provide training tidbits, as the majority does just that. The lack of information is loud and creates worry.
All of the above is not meant as a critique of Josh. I hope with all my heart he does well in the long run.

Jammers

Seems like Josh is always playing catch up when the new season starts since he's been a Senior skater. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information