ISU Junior Grand Prix 2022-23 announcement

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
For some reason, Annis' name is still listed for JGP #4 in Armenia and Klein's name has not replaced him on USFS' Assignments page even though the change was made in the ISU entries earlier today (Sept. 7): https://results.isu.org/events/jgparm2022_JuniorMen.htm
Type and ye shall receive... USFS' Assignments page has been updated to reflect Annis' withdrawal and Klein as his replacement.

Sylvia

TBD
Link to the thread in the Kiss & Cry section for the Junior Grand Prix series' current standings & Final qualification discussion:
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-current-standings-future-assignments.109871/

Junior Men: https://results.isu.org/events/jgp2022/jgpsmen.htm
Junior Women: https://results.isu.org/events/jgp2022/jgpswomen.htm
Junior Ice Dance: https://results.isu.org/events/jgp2022/jgpsdance.htm
Junior Pairs (#2 Ostrava, #3 Riga, #5 & #6 Gdansk): https://results.isu.org/events/jgp2022/jgpspairs.htm

ETA: Congrats to the USA pair team of Smith/Deng on being the first unofficial qualifiers for the JGP Final! :)

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
IMO there are more than enough JGP assigments for the US to go around that I see no harm in giving the winners of the major decider competition 2 spots. US singles skaters have been kind of all over the map on JGP so far, but that's ok. I think the idea of waiting to see how everyone does at their first event is lovely in theory but in practice it can be very messy. Skaters benefit from knowing how to structure their training ahead of time and there is not always enough time to plan their lives around maybe being selected for a competition and not knowing until the last minute. Rewarding national success is not "backwards". Let's not twist ourselves into knots trying to find fault with a pretty sensible solution to this JGP selection issue. Soho and Yampolsky have been impressive and I don't think there's a need to question their spots. Of course a Broussard can swoop in at the last minute and outscore all the other options and gain a spot or 2 and that is also deserved. But based on SP scores thus far in the series, Soho has the highest of any of the 6 who competed so far, and Robert is not too far off for men. I am not sure which theoretical better skater we would save those spots for.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
IMO there are more than enough JGP assigments for the US to go around that I see no harm in giving the winners of the major decider competition 2 spots. US singles skaters have been kind of all over the map on JGP so far, but that's ok. I think the idea of waiting to see how everyone does at their first event is lovely in theory but in practice it can be very messy. Skaters benefit from knowing how to structure their training ahead of time and there is not always enough time to plan their lives around maybe being selected for a competition and not knowing until the last minute. Rewarding national success is not "backwards". Let's not twist ourselves into knots trying to find fault with a pretty sensible solution to this JGP selection issue. Soho and Yampolsky have been impressive and I don't think there's a need to question their spots. Of course a Broussard can swoop in at the last minute and outscore all the other options and gain a spot or 2 and that is also deserved. But based on SP scores thus far in the series, Soho has the highest of any of the 6 who competed so far, and Robert is not too far off for men. I am not sure which theoretical better skater we would save those spots for.
This is all sensible, plus there's the additional factor of age here. These kids are 13-18 years old for the most part, meaning they're still in school, and the JGP season is very compressed. An adult for whom being a figure skater is effectively a full-time job may drop everything and travel to a different continent on 2-3 weeks' notice, but a school pupil has other high priorities. It makes sense to let them know before the beginning of the school year when they will have to take time off school and travel.

Stephanie

This is all sensible, plus there's the additional factor of age here. These kids are 13-18 years old for the most part, meaning they're still in school, and the JGP season is very compressed. An adult for whom being a figure skater is effectively a full-time job may drop everything and travel to a different continent on 2-3 weeks' notice, but a school pupil has other high priorities. It makes sense to let them know before the beginning of the school year when they will have to take time off school and travel.
Additionally, almost all of the JGP competitors are minors and thus need to bring a parent/chaperone (I believe this is a USFS rule) who in many cases would need to schedule time off work.

Debbie S

Additionally, almost all of the JGP competitors are minors and thus need to bring a parent/chaperone (I believe this is a USFS rule) who in many cases would need to schedule time off work.
I don't believe that is a rule, unless it's a very recent change.

Stephanie

I don't believe that is a rule, unless it's a very recent change.
I remember reading that it was a new rule the year Alysa Liu debuted on the JGP, so 2019, but I have no insider info so I could be mistaken or things could have changed again. Either way, I think most skaters would want to have a parent or other family member with them.

Sylvia

TBD
Additionally, almost all of the JGP competitors are minors and thus need to bring a parent/chaperone (I believe this is a USFS rule)
IIRC, there is a designated "SkateSafe" [SafeSport] person who travels with each JGP team (any international team with underage skaters, I assume) for those U.S. skaters who cannot have a chaperone for whatever reason.
ETA:
I remember reading that it was a new rule the year Alysa Liu debuted on the JGP, so 2019
You are correct, AFAIK.
Either way, I think most skaters would want to have a parent or other family member with them.
Yes, but not every skater family can afford to travel internationally -- for example, either due to finances and/or lack of time off work (I know of parents who traveled with their skater even when they couldn't really afford it just to keep an eye on their child and/or make sure they wouldn't get into trouble due to external influences).

Last edited:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri

I'm hardly twisting myself in knots. I appreciate a system where you get one JGP and based on how that goes, you earn a second. This system has been used several times in past years and is feasible.

For ladies, this early assigning of second assignments will probably work out fine because there's clear separations in level amongst the ladies. In men, it looks like there's a lot of men who are potentially "good enough" to get a second. Which means if you make the assignments before people compete, you may leave at home athletes who placed higher/scored better internationally due to early decisions.

Here's the American's men's standings so far.

9Maxim ZHARKOVUSA7SSS75193.481122.44122.4471.0421
10Michael XIEUSA7SSX75180.951114.87114.8766.0820
11Kai KOVARUSA5SSS56191.651122.54122.5469.1121

Xie and Yampolsky (currently skating in JGP #3) have second spots. There's only 3 spots left for the U.S. to assign. Should Broussard get assigned a second one now based on his success last year? Should Zharkov get a second one since he's the top-ranked U.S. man in the current JGP standings? What about Kovar, who is the U.S. junior national champ, who finished one rank below what Xie did in his first event, but outscored him by 10 points? What about Strommer and Klein (skating in JGP#4)? Should all the spots be assigned before they skate?

Karen-W

I'm hardly twisting myself in knots. I appreciate a system where you get one JGP and based on how that goes, you earn a second. This system has been used several times in past years and is feasible.

For ladies, this early assigning of second assignments will probably work out fine because there's clear separations in level amongst the ladies. In men, it looks like there's a lot of men who are potentially "good enough" to get a second. Which means if you make the assignments before people compete, you may leave at home athletes who placed higher/scored better internationally due to early decisions.

Here's the American's men's standings so far.

9Maxim ZHARKOVUSA7SSS75193.481122.44122.4471.0421
10Michael XIEUSA7SSX75180.951114.87114.8766.0820
11Kai KOVARUSA5SSS56191.651122.54122.5469.1121

Xie and Yampolsky (currently skating in JGP #3) have second spots. There's only 3 spots left for the U.S. to assign. Should Broussard get assigned a second one now based on his success last year? Should Zharkov get a second one since he's the top-ranked U.S. man in the current JGP standings? What about Kovar, who is the U.S. junior national champ, who finished one rank below what Xie did in his first event, but outscored him by 10 points? What about Strommer and Klein (skating in JGP#4)? Should all the spots be assigned before they skate?
Honestly, if none of the guys have a realistic shot at making the JGPF (and a 5th or 6th place in your first event isn't going to do it), then I think the system works fine. The JGP is intended to aid in the development of skaters. While it's nice to have skaters/teams qualify for the JGPF, that's not the overall goal. I don't have a problem with spreading the wealth around when none of the men have really separated themselves from the field - though I do think the USFS should be circumspect in assigning the last few spots until after they've had a chance to assess how Strommer, Klein and Broussard do at their first assignments.

Stephanie

I think that this year was tougher than in some prior years for the US men since there were several guys with JGP experience (Broussard, Klein, and Sanchez) who were injured or otherwise unready to compete at Skate Milwaukee. That being said, both Yampolsky and Xie were far ahead (about 30+ points) of the other guys in Milwaukee so I think it's reasonable that they were given 2 assignments off the bat.

I think Zharkov deserves a second assignment based off his Ostrava score and the fact that he has a consistent 3A, which should make him a decent contender for junior worlds. Given that he only had 1 JGP last year, he could use the extra experience.

I would give the other 2 spots to the top 2 scorers out of Broussard, Klein, Strommer, and Kovar or give Jacob Sanchez a shot if none of the remaining guys left to compete does that great.

icedancefan!!

I was looking at the JGP entries and noticed that for JGP Armenia, the team representing KAZ Alice Dousse / Danil Pak have been removed. The initial entry list stated 15 teams, then POL and ISR dropped out and now KAZ. I wonder why everyone is dropping/changing JGP... It would be understandable if there were super high level teams like Egna will have, but at Armenia it seems that there are only a few high level teams like the Canadians, one American team (Leah and Artem) and the Cyprus team.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg

Broussard yes, his score at his summer comp is quite strong and he clearly is the best choice for a 2nd spot right now. Not even based on last year although that helps, but based on how he did at his summer comp. Kovar, I am ok with him just having 1- he won Nationals but since then had a weak showing at Jr Worlds and also at summer comps. Strommer, Klein, Zharkov is a tough call. Armenia is 2 weeks away so that's quite a wait but if we can't wait that long, I would tend to gamble on Strommer and Klein at this point since I think Zharkov is quite a long shot for the final. Anyone scoring less than 200 is unlikely to make the final, but of those that have competed, Yampolsky at 196 is the highest. I do think we jumped the gun a little giving Xie a 2nd spot but its not a major quibble since he had a strong showing at that decider event. All scores outside of Yampolsky and Xie were kinda less impressive there, which to me speaks more favorably of Broussard who didn't compete but medaled last year on JGP.

Long story short, since the scores outside of the top 2 were low at Milwaukee, I'd start looking at other summer showings. Outside of Broussard with his 210 score, the rest is pretty middling so it could go any which way. Any decision is probably ok at this point.

ETA- Of note, Klein, Xie, Sanchez are all competing this weekend at summer comps. Let's see how that goes and then we will have more information.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Zich is currently entered in 3 stages ....
I guess he will withdraw from one Gdansks to leave the spot to Nalbone. So all Italian men can have 2 spots.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
ISU JGP Egna/Neumarkt 2022
Junior Men
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Tobia OELLERER AUT 1
Daniel RUIS AUT 1 S
2 Aleksa RAKIC CAN 2
Alec GUINZBOURG CAN 2 S
Grayson LONG CAN 2 S
Anthony PARADIS CAN 2 S
David SHTEYNGART CAN 2 S
3 Daniel ROUCO MORCILLO ESP 3
Adrian JIMENEZ DE BALDOMERO ESP 3 S
4 Matias LINDFORS FIN 4
Arttu JUUSOLA FIN 4 S
5 Francois PITOT FRA 5
Ilia GOGITIDZE FRA 5 S
Jean MEDARD FRA 5 S
Ian VAUCLIN FRA 5 S
6 Freddie LEGGOTT GBR 6
Connor BRAY GBR 6 S
Lucas FITTERER GBR 6 S
Jedidiah LINCOLN GBR 6 S
7 Hugo Willi HERRMANN GER 7
Luca FUENFER GER 7 S
Arthur MAI GER 7 S
8 Aleksei VLASENKO HUN 8
Mozes Jozsef BEREI HUN 8 S
Aleksandr VLASENKO HUN 8 S
9 Lev VINOKUR ISR 9
Leonid GITELMAN ISR 9 S
Nikita KOVALENKO ISR 9 S
Tamir KUPERMAN ISR 9 S
Iakov POGREBINSKII ISR 9 S
10 Tommaso BARISON ITA 10
11 Matteo NALBONE ITA 10
12 Raffaele Francesco ZICH ITA 10
13 Takeru Amine KATAISE JPN 11
14 Tsudoi SUTO JPN 11
Haru KAKIUCHI JPN 11 S
Ryusei KIKUCHI JPN 11 S
Ryoga MORIMOTO JPN 11 S
Shunsuke NAKAMURA JPN 11 S
Rio NAKATA JPN 11 S
Seigo TAUCHI JPN 11 S
Nozomu YOSHIOKA JPN 11 S
15 Rakhat BRALIN KAZ 12
16 Dias JIRENBAYEV KAZ 12
17 Jaekeun LEE KOR 13
Hyungyeom KIM KOR 13 S
18 Ze Zeng FANG MAS 14
19 Nicolas VAN DE VIJVER RSA 15
20 Pagiel Yie Ken SNG SGP 16
21 David SEDEJ SLO 17
22 Naoki ROSSI SUI 18
Noah BODENSTEIN SUI 18 S
Georgii PAVLOV SUI 18 S
23 Lukas VACLAVIK SVK 19
Adam HAGARA SVK 19 S
Marko PILIAR SVK 19 S
24 Andreas NORDEBACK SWE 20
Jonathan EGYPTSON SWE 20 S
Casper JOHANSSON SWE 20 S
25 Alp Eren OZKAN TUR 21
Efe Ergin DINCER TUR 21 S
Ali Efe GUNES TUR 21 S
Alp Tore OVALIOGLU TUR 21 S
26 Vadym NOVIKOV UKR 22
Kyrylo LISHENKO UKR 22 S
Kyrylo MARSAK UKR 22 S
Hlib SMOTROV UKR 22 S
27 Kirk HAUGETO USA 23
28 Maxim ZHARKOV USA 23
William ANNIS USA 23 S
Jonathan HILDEBRANDT USA 23 S
Lucius KAZANECKI USA 23 S
Joseph KLEIN USA 23 S
Kai KOVAR USA 23 S
Daniel MARTYNOV USA 23 S
Jacob SANCHEZ USA 23 S
Taira SHINOHARA USA 23 S
Beck STROMMER USA 23 S
Michael XIE USA 23 S
Robert YAMPOLSKY USA 23 S
29 Phuc Hoang PHAN VIE 24

Junior Women
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Hannah FRANK AUT 1
Flora Marie SCHALLER AUT 1 S
2 Maria REIKDAL BRA 2
3 Rose THEROUX CAN 3
Fiona BOMBARDIER CAN 3 S
Justine MICLETTE CAN 3 S
Kaiya RUITER CAN 3 S
4 Meri MARINAC CRO 4
Lena CUSAK CRO 4 S
5 Barbora TYKALOVA CZE 5
Amelie Emma CEPLOVA CZE 5 S
Lucie DATLOVA CZE 5 S
Katerina HANUSOVA CZE 5 S
Adela VALLOVA CZE 5 S
Barbora VRANKOVA CZE 5 S
Michaela VRASTAKOVA CZE 5 S
6 Catharina Victoria PETERSEN DEN 6
Anna-Flora Colmor JEPSEN DEN 6 S
SelmaSiri LARSEN DEN 6 S
7 Hannah DABEES EGY 7
8 Nuria RODRIGUEZ SERRANO ESP 8
Celia Vandhana GARNACHO ESP 8 S
9 Amalia ZELENJAK EST 9
Olesja LEONOVA EST 9 S
Emelie Louise RINNE EST 9 S
Anna ZURAVLJOV EST 9 S
10 Iida KARHUNEN FIN 10
Lotta ARTIMO FIN 10 S
Janna JYRKINEN FIN 10 S
Olivia LISKO FIN 10 S
Minja PELTONEN FIN 10 S
11 Clemence MAYINDU FRA 11
Ninon DAPOIGNY FRA 11 S
Eve DUBECQ FRA 11 S
Lola GHOZALI FRA 11 S
Lorine SCHILD FRA 11 S
12 Olesya RAY GER 12
Valentina ANDRIANOVA GER 12 S
Julia GRABOWSKI GER 12 S
Marielen HIRLING GER 12 S
Kama SCHELEWSKI GER 12 S
13 Stella MAKRI GRE 13
Whitney FORD GRE 13 S
14 Polina DZSUMANYIJAZOVA HUN 14
Lena EKKER HUN 14 S
Martina Petra MAJOR HUN 14 S
Vivien PAPP HUN 14 S
Katinka Anna ZSEMBERY HUN 14 S
Daria ZSIRNOV HUN 14 S
15 Mariia SENIUK ISR 15
Ella CHEN ISR 15 S
Elizabet GERVITS ISR 15 S
Gabriella GRINBERG ISR 15 S
16 Anita GEMELLI ITA 16
17 Ginevra Lavinia NEGRELLO ITA 16
18 Anna PEZZETTA ITA 16
Giulia BARUCCHI ITA 16 S
Anna BODRONE ITA 16 S
Ester SCHWARZ ITA 16 S
19 Ikura KUSHIDA JPN 17
20 Ami NAKAI JPN 17
Mone CHIBA JPN 17 S
Ayumi SHIBAYAMA JPN 17 S
Mao SHIMADA JPN 17 S
Yo TAKAGI JPN 17 S
Azusa TANAKA JPN 17 S
Kaoruko WADA JPN 17 S
Hana YOSHIDA JPN 17 S
21 Chaeyeon KIM KOR 18
22 Minchae KIM KOR 18
Yujae KIM KOR 18 S
Seojin YOUN KOR 18 S
23 Meda VARIAKOJYTE LTU 19
Daria AFINOGENOVA LTU 19 S
Jogaile AGLINSKYTE LTU 19 S
24 Afrina DIYANAH MAS 20
Sara Shin E GAN MAS 20 S
Katherine ONG PUI KUAN MAS 20 S
25 Milena MILOJEVIKJ MKD 21
26 Dani LOONSTRA NED 22
Tessel CLERCX NED 22 S
Isabella SMIT NED 22 S
Emilia SOLOUKHIN NED 22 S
Julia VAN DIJK NED 22 S
Jolanda VOS NED 22 S
27 Oda Tonnesen HAVGAR NOR 23
Mia Caroline RISA GOMEZ NOR 23 S
Ida Eline VAMNES NOR 23 S
Pernille WITH NOR 23 S
28 Ella HAWKES RSA 24
29 McKayla ONG SGP 25
Cheryl Wen Wei WEE SGP 25 S
30 Julija LOVRENCIC SLO 26
Ana CMER SLO 26 S
Zala GRUM SLO 26 S
Zoja KRAMAR SLO 26 S
Maksima KRIVIC SLO 26 S
Manca KRMELJ SLO 26 S
Klara SEKARDI SLO 26 S
Ursa SUHADOLC SLO 26 S
31 Ivona KLEUT SRB 27
Danica DJORDJEVIC SRB 27 S
Irena MARKOVIC SRB 27 S
Darja MIJATOVIC SRB 27 S
Mia MILINKOVIC SRB 27 S
Ana SCEPANOVIC SRB 27 S
Klara SILJEG SRB 27 S
32 Carla Anthea GRADINARU SUI 28
33 Livia KAISER SUI 28
Noemi JOOS SUI 28 S
Sarina JOOS SUI 28 S
Elina PLUESS SUI 28 S
Kimmy REPOND SUI 28 S
Sophie Joline VON FELTEN SUI 28 S
34 Olivia LENGYELOVA SVK 29
Vanesa SELMEKOVA SVK 29 S
35 Josefin BROVALL SWE 30
Miranda LUNDGREN SWE 30 S
36 Ceren KARAS TUR 31
Fatma Yade KARLIKLI TUR 31 S
Yagmur Derin KEVINC TUR 31 S
Anna Deniz OZDEMIR TUR 31 S
37 Anastasiia VASYLCHENKO UKR 32
Mariia ANDRIICHUK UKR 32 S
Tetiana FIRSOVA UKR 32 S
Anastasiia FOMCHENKOVA UKR 32 S
Sofiia SHASHUNKINA UKR 32 S
Taisiia SPESIVTSEVA UKR 32 S
Kateryna ZHEREBKO UKR 32 S
38 Mia KALIN USA 33
39 Elyce LIN-GRACEY USA 33
Mia BARGHOUT USA 33 S
Sarah EVERHARDT USA 33 S
Hannah HERRERA USA 33 S
Logan HIGASE-CHEN USA 33 S
Josephine LEE USA 33 S
Soho LEE USA 33 S
Clare SEO USA 33 S
Phoebe STUBBLEFIELD USA 33 S
Sherry ZHANG USA 33 S
40 Huong Dieu LE VIE 34

Junior Ice Dance
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Catharina GUEDES TIBAU / Cayden Oliver DAWSON BRA 1
2 Erica ESTEPA / Nolen HICKEY CAN 2
3 Sandrine GAUTHIER / Quentin THIEREN CAN 2
Marianne HUBERT / William ODDSON CAN 2 S
Jordyn LEWIS / Noah MCMILLAN CAN 2 S
Dana SABATINI-SPECIALE / Nicholas BUELOW CAN 2 S
Layla VEILLON / Alexander BRANDYS CAN 2 S
4 Angelina KUDRYAVTSEVA / Ilia KARANKEVICH CYP 3
5 Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEK CZE 4
Natalie BLAASOVA / Filip BLAAS CZE 4 S
Andrea PSURNA / Jachym NOVAK CZE 4 S
Eliska ZAKOVA / Filip MENCL CZE 4 S
6 Eloanne OGOR / Raul BERMEJO ESP 5
7 Louise BORDET / Thomas GIPOULOU FRA 6
Nell DENTON / Joseph BOOTH FRA 6 S
Celina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX FRA 6 S
Lou KOCH / Ivan MELNYK FRA 6 S
Ambre PERRIER GIANESINI / Samuel BLANC KLAPERMAN FRA 6 S
Lila-Maya SECLET MONCHOT / Martin CHARDAIN FRA 6 S
8 Sophia BUSHELL / Alex LAPSKY GBR 7
Phebe BEKKER / James HERNANDEZ GBR 7 S
Ashlie SLATTER / Atl ONGAY-PEREZ GBR 7 S
9 Finja Luisa MAEDER / Piero Joel LOPEZ MORENO GER 8
10 Mia Lee MAYER / Tobias HUBER GER 8
Darya GRIMM / Michail SAVITSKIY GER 8 S
Karla Maria KARL / Kai HOFERICHTER GER 8 S
Alexia KRUK / Jan EISENHABER GER 8 S
11 Maya BENKIEWICZ / Mark SHAPIRO HUN 9
Reka LEVELES / Balazs LEVELES HUN 9 S
12 Elizabeth TKACHENKO / Alexei KILIAKOV ISR 10
13 Giorgia GALIMBERTI / Matteo Libasse MANDELLI ITA 11
14 Alice PIZZORNI / Massimiliano BUCCIARELLI ITA 11
15 Noemi Maria TALI / Stefano FRASCA ITA 11
Laura FINELLI / Matteo Stefano PEDESINI ITA 11 S
16 Hannah LIM / Ye QUAN KOR 12
Jinny KIM / Namu LEE KOR 12 S
17 Anna SIMOVA / Kirill AKSENOV SVK 13
18 Jillian Autumn PREVER / Agahan Berk DORTKOL TUR 14
19 Jenna HAUER / Benjamin STARR USA 15 (confirmed on USFS' Assignments page)
20 Leah NESET / Artem MARKELOV USA 15 (confirmed on USFS' Assignments page)
Kristina BLAND / Matthew SPERRY USA 15 S
Helena CARHART / Volodymyr HOROVYI USA 15 S
Romy MALCOLM / Noah LAFORNARA USA 15 S
Elliana PEAL / Ethan PEAL USA 15 S
Vanessa PHAM / Jonathan ROGERS USA 15 S

Hedwig

Antique member
Is there talk about Armenia and if the JGP will take place or switch to another location? :cry:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Russia (a formal ally of Armenia) is apparently brokering a deal with Azerbaijan (the “aggressor” of the happenings last night). Also, some experts are calling this a “border skirmish” that doesn’t really affect Erevan. Hard to tell what’s the truth. 🤔

icedancefan!!

Did anyone see ISU's JGP Armenia announcement posted today?

If you didn't, this is the link: https://isu.org/isu-news/news/145-n...skating-2022-yerevan-armenia?templateParam=15

I really hope that everything moves forward as planned, as so many teams have JGP Armenia as their very first JGP ever (ie. SABATINI-SPECIALE/BUELOW from CAN and BLAND/SPERRY from USA) and some teams are returning to the JGP circuit for the first time this season (ie. TALI/FRASCA from ITA).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Karen-W

If you didn't, this is the link: https://isu.org/isu-news/news/145-n...skating-2022-yerevan-armenia?templateParam=15

I really hope that everything moves forward as planned, as so many teams have JGP Armenia as their very first JGP ever (ie. SABATINI-SPECIALE/BUELOW from CAN and BLAND/SPERRY from USA) and some teams are returning to the JGP circuit for the first time this season (ie. TALI/FRASCA from ITA).

Not just Tali/Frasca but also reigning Jr Worlds Bronze Medalists Bashynska/Beaumont from Canada and current US Jr Champs Neset/Markelov.

Plus, this was supposed to be the 2nd event for Japan's Shunsuke Nakamura and Hana Yoshida.

icedancefan!!

Not just Tali/Frasca but also reigning Jr Worlds Bronze Medalists Bashynska/Beaumont from Canada and current US Jr Champs Neset/Markelov.

Plus, this was supposed to be the 2nd event for Japan's Shunsuke Nakamura and Hana Yoshida.
Yes, all true. I am very excited to see all the teams compete. I think Bashynska/Beaumont have a chance at winning it, with the team from Cyprus coming second... Neset/Markelov could potentially podium.

The 'war' is not near Yerevan I don't think, but things could change and there are some travel warnings for Armenia in general right now.

Do you think they could quickly change it to somewhere else?

Karen-W

Yes, all true. I am very excited to see all the teams compete. I think Bashynska/Beaumont have a chance at winning it, with the team from Cyprus coming second... Neset/Markelov could potentially podium.

The 'war' is not near Yerevan I don't think, but things could change and there are some travel warnings for Armenia in general right now.

Do you think they could quickly change it to somewhere else?
Well, how do you define 'near'? Armenia is a pretty small country. Some of the fighting is less than 150 miles away - under 3 hours by car.

I'm not that familiar with the situation on the ground - there's a thread in PI discussing it.

icedancefan!!

Well, how do you define 'near'? Armenia is a pretty small country. Some of the fighting is less than 150 miles away - under 3 hours by car.

I'm not that familiar with the situation on the ground - there's a thread in PI discussing it.
Oh really? I didn't know some of the fighting was that close. It will be interesting to see what ISU says and hopefully they give an update soon, as skaters, coaches, officials need to know.

Sylvia

TBD

Copying out ISU's Sept. 14th statement below:

Further to the reports of fighting which has erupted between Armenian and Azerbaijani troops along the Armenia–Azerbaijan border, the ISU is closely monitoring the situation and is in contact with the organizers of the upcoming ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating, scheduled to take place in Yerevan/Armenia on September 22-24, 2022.

After evaluation of the information available, the ISU will communicate shortly on whether the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating event can be maintained as planned.

"Travel Advisory September 12, 2022 Armenia - Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
Exercise normal precautions in Armenia. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory."
Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Yerevan, Armenia Tue, 13 Sep 2022
Message for U.S. Citizens Tue, 13 Sep 2022
Location: Yerevan Event: Fighting along the Armenian-Azerbaijan border Local media and officials are reporting fighting along the Armenian-Azerbaijan border, including attacks near Artanish, Goris, Ishkhanasar, Jermuk, Kapan, Sotk, and Vardenis. There are reports of attacks against civil infrastructure. Avoid these areas and follow the guidance of local authorities. The U.S. Embassy will continue to closely monitor ...

Last edited:

Vagabond

In the past, the armed conflict has taken place entirely within the internationally recognized territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan, albeit largely within areas that are either occupied by Armenia or within Nagorno-Karabakh. Azerbaijan has little apparent reason to strike Armenia proper, not least because Russia would not stand for.

🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information