ISU asking for fan input

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I thought the purpose of the survey was to give feedback on their social media presence and what news and stories they could put out to keep the fans informed/ in touch with skaters.

Which is why I limited my responses to that purpose.

ISU is not interested in my thoughts about COP, judging, how to award events to which federation.

I am interested in how they communicate stories, skaters info, where to find scoring for each event etc.

deegee

I thought the purpose of the survey was to give feedback on their social media presence and what news and stories they could put out to keep the fans informed/ in touch with skaters.

Which is why I limited my responses to that purpose.

ISU is not interested in my thoughts about COP, judging, how to award events to which federation.

I am interested in how they communicate stories, skaters info, where to find scoring for each event etc.
oh, hello, rain ☔

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Curling is not on the list of other sports. :drama:
Nor was triathlon. :drama:

All my comments were about media, now that I think about it. They were (a) love streaming the whole comp, (b) they need to explain the judging better, (c) their Speed Skating side is much better at YouTube than the figure skating side so please follow their example.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
I 'told' them to add the word 'innovation' to their dictionary, to get new blood to the directing board in general and be wise enough to open their view and relate to current conditions, 2 years of the 'rona' and they are imposible to create a full plan B or C for events just in case new variants, travel restrictions, virtual competitions? they are useless

And don't get me even start with about getting judging corruption, PCS judged even with TES, the way they handle skaters accidents (twice this season that could be life threatening)

This 'we hear you' is just another marketing issue to make them look 'modern and going digital' but in the end is just to get info about their users profile and adjusting their algorythm

screech

I mentioned PCS scoring, prerotation being ignored, favouring students of certain coaches, limiting the number of jumps with arms above the head for which the arms can be used towards +GOE, and also complained about skaters half-assing bullet points to get +GOE.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
I mentioned PCS scoring, prerotation being ignored, favouring students of certain coaches, limiting the number of jumps with arms above the head for which the arms can be used towards +GOE, and also complained about skaters half-assing bullet points to get +GOE.

+5 to -5 GOE range used in ice dance to separate teams even though some high ranked couples do less complex content but still get high bonus against couples who are equal or better moves/transitions/execution

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
At the end of the day, how this sport is judged, how unsafe incidents are handled, etc are part of the entire media picture of the sport. People don’t want to watch a sport where the results don’t make sense or seem unbalanced/unfair. Media image isn’t just about articles and social media fluff. I think that makes the scoring, etc fair game for comment.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I started it the other day but it was mostly asking about their social media postings which I don't care about at all, so I clicked off. Does it actually give the opportunity to offer feedback about skating itself?

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I started it the other day but it was mostly asking about their social media postings which I don't care about at all, so I clicked off. Does it actually give the opportunity to offer feedback about skating itself?
Not really. Just a general "anything else" comment box.

Having been part of reading surveys like this, it's generally put in a N/A tally if the box comments don't really relate to the survey.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
At the end of the day, how this sport is judged, how unsafe incidents are handled, etc are part of the entire media picture of the sport. People don’t want to watch a sport where the results don’t make sense or seem unbalanced/unfair. Media image isn’t just about articles and social media fluff. I think that makes the scoring, etc fair game for comment.

This. Social media is supposed to generate interest in the sport, and if bad things are going on in the sport that makes people not want to watch it, it doesn't matter how good the social media is. The expression that comes to mind is "trying to polish a 💩 ".

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Part of my comment was that although I appreciated their Youtube channel, and loved the Scottish guy (OMG now I think I probably got his name wrong :duh: ) I said I didn't follow their social media and nor would I because it all seems to be whitewashed "propaganda". :D

PeterG

This. Social media is supposed to generate interest in the sport, and if bad things are going on in the sport that makes people not want to watch it, it doesn't matter how good the social media is. The expression that comes to mind is "trying to polish a 💩 ".

You polish your frozen yoghurt?

DreamSkates

Great points made in associating social media with the content of the sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information