In Memoriam

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Not sure if this belongs here, but ..

Ken Starr is dead.

I've got lots of comments/thoughts about this, but probably best for PI. He's not worth his own thread.

Sympathy to his family.

Sylvia

TBD
Jean-Luc Godard, a pioneer of French New Wave cinema, has passed away at 91. While the US was still mired in the studio system in the late 50's and early 60's French filmmakers were stepping out and Godard lead the way. RIP.
Jean-Luc Godard, the iconic “enfant terrible” of the French New Wave who revolutionized popular cinema in 1960 with his first feature, “Breathless,” and stood for years among the film world’s most influential directors, died Tuesday. He was 91.
Godard died peacefully and surrounded by loved ones at his home in the Swiss town of Rolle, on Lake Geneva, his family said in a statement. The statement gave assisted suicide, which is legal in Switzerland, as the cause of death.
A medical report recently revealed the director had “multiple invalidating pathologies,” according to the family statement, which did not specify the conditions.
Over a long career that began in the 1950s as a film critic, Godard was perhaps the most boundary-breaking director among New Wave filmmakers who rewrote the rules for camera, sound and narrative — rebelling against an earlier tradition of more formulaic storytelling.

Last edited:

Cachoo

I've got lots of comments/thoughts about this, but probably best for PI. He's not worth his own thread.

Sympathy to his family.
Oh dear—I’m afraid my first thought was how long it would take before certain folks would blame Hillary. :slinkaway

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved

Debrah

4 years ago today the skating community and this forum (during the very early days of FSU, as a teen into his early 20s, he posted as iceboy) lost one of its brightest lights -- an international ice dance judge from Canada - Sylvain Guibord. My BFF and always the son of my heart - I miss him with everything I am. R.I.P Sly.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Leslie Jordan (edit to correct last name) of Will & Grace, COVID lockdown video, and Rupaul fame died at 67. He was driving and crashed his car into a building, likely due to a ‘medical episode’. He was currently in the TV show Call Me Kat I believe. So sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information