In Memoriam

ilovepaydays

Another one for which no tears shed...

Apparently, it was suicide. Don’t prisons have better security to prevent this? I’m not particularly sad about the Unabomber, but I thought prisons had more controls about what’s allowed in cells.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Apparently, it was suicide. Don’t prisons have better security to prevent this? I’m not particularly sad about the Unabomber, but I thought prisons had more controls about what’s allowed in cells.
Prisons vary in how well they are run and when they are short-staffed (which is many of them and often), they aren't going to care very much about some old guy who is universally hated. Also, if someone is determined to kill themselves, they will find a way. You can't monitor every prisoner 24/7.

Cachoo

I'm always going to wonder about Ted. Henry Murray's experiments used LSD but they also used this and I do wonder if this played a part in the man Ted became:
However, it was during his time at Harvard that Kaczynski also participated in a controversial study led by psychologist Henry Murray.

In the experiment, subjects were asked to write an essay on their personal philosophies. Later, while hooked up to electrodes to measure their physiological response, the study subjects were subjected to hours of insults and personal attacks.

The essays were used as a basis for the insults.

It’s believed that Kaczynski participated in this experiment for more than 200 hours, lasting for three years beginning in 1959, and that his mental and emotional well-being suffered as a result.
(History.com)

manhn

Treat had such a warm and soothing voice. Everwood was such a lovely show. And I enjoyed his recent foray into Hallmark movies. He was such a heartthrob back in the day. Smooth Talk, oh my.

Last edited:

Cachoo

I think it should be noted that it was a reckless driver of the car that cut him off while he was making a left turn. I would say it was not his motorcycle that did him in, but another person's poor decision making
Worse even…always heard he was happily married, loving family, genuinely nice guy not affected by fame in a negative way. 71 can be a lot younger than you might think.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I remember how judgmental I was when Norman Lear had twins at 72 because he would die and miss their childhood. Well he is alive and kicking at 100. What did I know?
Well technically he didn't have twins. His little guys were swimming fast

ilovepaydays

So sad. He was great in literally every role he did. 😔

Treat had such a warm and soothing voice. Everwood was such a lovely show. And I enjoyed his recent foray into Hallmark movies. He was such a heartthrob back in the day. Smooth Talk, oh my.

I still don’t forgive The CW for not continuing Everwood from The WB even though it had better ratings than FRIGGIN’ 7th Heaven. For some reason, they thought that enough people want to see that for another year. 😠

Moto Guzzi

I remember him from “Hair.” He was successful at every age and was undone by his motorcycle. RIP
I still have a DVD of "Hair" but haven't watched it in years. I was one of the protesters in the final scene in DC. We spent a lot of time sitting around in between running and shouting. A team from a radio station interviewed me during one of the breaks.

Cachoo

I still have a DVD of "Hair" but haven't watched it in years. I was one of the protesters in the final scene in DC. We spent a lot of time sitting around in between running and shouting. A team from a radio station interviewed me during one of the breaks.
That’s fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information