Ice Dance Technical Requirements 2022/23

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Here's the two that come to mind for me from T&D's 94 Oly FD.

That first one is exactly what we were doing in our Free Dance (except I didn't fling my legs up like Dean did) and exactly what I pictured. The second one was cute. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in a free dance once in a while.

But now I'm picturing it like the knee slides. Every single RD and every single FD next season will have something like that in it whether it adds to the program or not. :drama:

Is there a picture of the Virtue/Moir element that got dinged for being 1.5 revs? That would now be legal, right?

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Is there a picture of the Virtue/Moir element that got dinged for being 1.5 revs? That would now be legal, right?
I don't think they were ever dinged, just given a heads up that the exit to their "Goose Lift" was illegal because Tessa jumps and rotates >1 revolution and they should change it before the Olympics (which they did). It's more like 1.25 revs.

clairecloutier

This Russian article decries the new ISU technical dance rules allowing jumps as another step towards combining ice dancing and pairs skating, apparently a long-time goal of Lakernik. Strange to occur in a year where Russians may not attend the ISU meetings!

Here's the Sport-Express article plus a Google-translated excerpt from it:

If Lakernik is finally ousted as a result of this war, it'll be the best thing that happened to the ISU since Cinquanta finally sank mercifully out of view. And not a moment too soon in either case. :angryfire:mad:

Dobre

@jlai

Here is the new Ice Dance Technical Requirements thread. Bumping it up to the top in case you would like to read any of it.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information