rising like a phoenix
Junior: Tango plus at least one of the following Dance Styles – Paso Doble, Flamenco, Spanish Waltz, Fandango, Bolero, Jota, Sevillanas, Milonga • The Pattern Dance Element - Argentine Tango - skated to Tango rhythm, with the range of tempo: 24 measures of 4 beats per minute (96 beats per minute) plus or minus 2 beats per minute
Senior: Latin Dance Styles: At Least Two (2) Different Dance Styles/Rhythms chosen from Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Mambo, Cha Cha, Rhumba, Samba • The Pattern Dance Type Step Sequence and Step Sequence must be skated to a different Latin Style/Rhythm
Juniors still have a Pattern - 2 sections of the Argentine Tango. Seniors have a Pattern Style Sequence, but no set pattern, and a Choreographic Rhythm Sequence (ChRS) that must be mostly in hold.
FD is mostly the same, but with the option to choose assisted jumps as one of the choreographic elements.
Choreographic Assisted Jumps: at least three assisted jumps performed in a row
The following requirements apply:
- At least three in a row (same or different)
- Cannot rotate more than 1 ½ rotations in each assisted jump by the assisting partner
- Less than three seconds off the ice for assisted partner
- No more than three (3) steps in between each assisted jump
- Either partner may do the assisted jumps