Gymnastic news #22 - Tokyo or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
The Canadian women's team is being announced tomorrow live at 10:00 eastern on Gymcan's facebook page.

Is Shallon Olson still in the running for the Canadian team? I've enjoyed watching her with Alabama during NCAAs this past year and I'm really hoping she gets on that Canadian team so I see her in Tokyo as well. :cheer:

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
For those who want to read the article, you don’t actually have to pay anything to read it. You can just sign up with your email.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity

FiveRinger

I actually enjoyed Nastia's fashion choices. They were really out there.
I don't think I've ever seen her in anything that actually fits. Her style isn't my taste, but most of her stuff is ill-fitting and way too big. Hire someone to do some alterations.....it would go a long way.

Sylvia

TBD

VGThuy

I think since the fiasco of the 2004 announcement and they’ve been doing the team decision behind closed doors at the end of competition at trials and announcing the team at end of trials tv coverage with all the celebrations happening on the floor podium.

ETA: I forgot how they did it in 2008 but I remember thinking the way they did it in 2012 and 2016 was the best way to do it.

skatfan

No, not necessarily. They used to announce a tentative team and do other comps and then we'd have a team literally days before leaving for the Olympics
The last two teams were done at the end of trials as I recall. I’m sure you’re right that it has changed over time.

I will be shocked if they don’t announce the team at the end given all the bad PR that USAG is dealing with.

FiveRinger

The last two teams were done at the end of trials as I recall. I’m sure you’re right that it has changed over time.

I will be shocked if they don’t announce the team at the end given all the bad PR that USAG is dealing with.
You'd think bad PR is a concern. But just given that Tom Forster lied to the press about who was going to Trials I have doubts.

skatfan

You'd think bad PR is a concern. But just given that Tom Forster lied to the press about who was going to Trials I have doubts.
Oh that minor squabble about whose petitions had already been denied. Stupid of him to obfuscate when the rules about notifying at the comp were clear.

FiveRinger

Oh that minor squabble about whose petitions had already been denied. Stupid of him to obfuscate when the rules about notifying at the comp were clear.
Exactly. Why lie about something so easy? It's stuff like that makes it hard for USA Gymnastics to be trusted

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Do the regulars of this thread want a separate thread created for the Trials in St. Louis?
I'm fine either way. I'm thinking there may not be a whole lot of other action over the next week other than US Oly Trials? If that is the case, then maybe keeping it all in this thread makes sense. If there is a lot of action expected from other nations over the next week, then maybe a separate thread would be helpful. I'm sure others know way more than I do about what might be going on outside the US in the next week....

VGThuy

Having a separate thread may be useful for those who don't normally post in this thread but end up watching it to just chat about Trials. The question is if there will be enough participants to warrant its own thread.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Will the US have a Rhythmic Gymnastics competitor (or team) at the Tokyo Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information