Gymnastic news #22 - Tokyo or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I have to think there are many benefits and advantages to the health of the sport to have more mature women staying in the sport longer. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.....
If nothing else, the presence of adult gymnasts discourages coaches from abusive training methods and gives the tweens and teens someone to go to when they are concerned about things. Win win.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
If nothing else, the presence of adult gymnasts discourages coaches from abusive training methods and gives the tweens and teens someone to go to when they are concerned about things. Win win.
Totally agree! I can't imagine abuse going on in front of women like Chelsie, Simone, etc. now that they are grown adults. Of course we all know that abusers are clever about hiding what they are doing. But at least the presense of more adults can't hurt.

pollyanna

I am so excited to see how Chiles has progressed at the Classic!

I didn't know McCallum had broken her hand. :(

morqet

rising like a phoenix
I love seeing "older" women staying active in the sport. So much of the verbal and sexual abuse happens (starts) with the very young in the sport. I have to think there are many benefits and advantages to the health of the sport to have more mature women staying in the sport longer. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.....
I read earlier this week that the Japanese womens gym team that has been selected for the Olympics are all in their 20s. Apparently it's the first time this has happened for any country since the 1960s!

clairecloutier

I'm a paid subscriber to Peacock (i believe it's $5 or $10 a month). Will the U.S. Classic coverage be available for paid subscribers? Or only the session 1, that is available for free?

I don't know much about gymnastics, but I'd like to see Simone Biles and Chellsie Memmel compete.

ETA: I don't think we have NBCSN or Olympic Channel on our cable package, so I'm dependent on what's on NBC itself or on Peacock.

sk9tingfan

I'm a paid subscriber to Peacock (i believe it's $5 or $10 a month). Will the U.S. Classic coverage be available for paid subscribers? Or only the session 1, that is available for free?

I don't know much about gymnastics, but I'd like to see Simone Biles and Chellsie Memmel compete.

ETA: I don't think we have NBCSN or Olympic Channel on our cable package, so I'm dependent on what's on NBC itself or on Peacock.
It looks like both sessions are out there. Have you been out on Peacock to check?

Doggygirl

Banned Member
I read earlier this week that the Japanese womens gym team that has been selected for the Olympics are all in their 20s. Apparently it's the first time this has happened for any country since the 1960s!
I’m so happy to hear this!

BaileyCatts

So you can't watch Peacock for free unless you have Xfinity or Cox? Says my system configuration is not compatible. :cry:

Aceon6

Anyone else have a dead ‘cock? I’m getting the “something went wrong” screen.

just tuned in

If you have a smart TV you can get it by downloading their app (except for Samsung TVs). I do not have Xfinity or Cox.
I downloaded Amazon Silk internet with the Firestick, then navigated the browser to Peacock. Then I got an error message about a certificate? So basically, Amazon is not letting me watch Peacock, except for certain programs, but nothing "live." :-( Happy to be able to watch it on my computer, though.

Forget her name, but the woman who had the unfortunate belly flop on bars -- after gymnastics, so many sports she could do.

Aceon6

I’m a bit disappointed that we didn’t see more. It’s not like NBC can’t do it, as they often get you caught up on golf during a live broadcast. I guess I’m spoiled by the ESPN 4-box from NCAAs.

FiveRinger

I’m a bit disappointed that we didn’t see more. It’s not like NBC can’t do it, as they often get you caught up on golf during a live broadcast. I guess I’m spoiled by the ESPN 4-box from NCAAs.
It was a little disappointing. If they would shut up (no offense Terry Gannon) there might have been time to see more routines. I hope we see significantly more than just Simone (even though I love her). Hopefully the producers will be prime time ready

Rob

Beach Bum
Does it stream on demand? I can’t figure out streaming, what’s the point if you have to watch it at the exact hour and can’t tape it.

Sylvia

TBD
Does it stream on demand? I can’t figure out streaming, what’s the point if you have to watch it at the exact hour and can’t tape it.
GK U.S. Classic: Session 1
"Replay Available Soon"

GK U.S. Classic: Warm-up - Today 5:30pm (ET) will be livestreamed for an hour on Peacock before tonight's NBCSN broadcast at 7 pm ET.

ETA from earlier in the thread:
https://www.usagymclassic.com/info/
TV & Webcast Info
Senior session 1 will stream on the free part of NBC’s Peacock on May 22 starting at 1 p.m. ET
NBCSN will broadcast the senior session 2 on Saturday, May 22 at 7:00 p.m. ET, with a livestream on NBCSports.com.
All senior routines will be available on the USA Gymnastics YouTube Channel following the sessions.
The GK Hopes Championships and junior session of the GK U.S. Classic will be livestreamed on FloGymnastics.com
GK Hopes Championships – May 21 – 1:40 p.m. ET
GK U.S. Classic (Juniors) – May 21 – 6:40 p.m. ET

Last edited:

Aceon6

Session 1 replay is already available. No need for tape as most streamed shows are always there when you’re ready to watch.

Carolla5501

Thank you for those you posted. I looked on the USA gymnastics page earlier today and there was no indication there would be anything on Peacock. maybe I just missed it but I couldn’t find it

Aceon6

Thank you for those you posted. I looked on the USA gymnastics page earlier today and there was no indication there would be anything on Peacock. maybe I just missed it but I couldn’t find it
USAGym probably didn’t promote it because of their relationship with Flo. Always check this thread as @Sylvia was all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information