Gymnastic news #22 - Tokyo or bust

FiveRinger

But there are a lot of people who think it’s just a choice, like preferring blue over green. There’s a lot of educating that needs to be done.
Exactly. Most people don't choose to be "different." But they shouldn't have to.

snoopyskater

I've been following Chellsie Memmell on her Youtube series. She usually trains in a leotard/pants ensemble, and I have to say I wish we could see similar pant outfits during competitions. I know most men will probably disagree, but I don't really enjoy watching all these women's butts sticking out. Some of these leotards are getting very skimpy and distracting. It would be nice to see something less revealing. Just my random thought today. Love to everyone.

anikacanaxel

USA Gymnastics updated their policies for inclusion of transgender and nonbinary athletes and it looks...pretty good? They seem to really be trying to make sure that everyone gets to compete and enjoy the sport. I hope this is a good sign for the organization, and that they are able to make changes in all parts of the org to help and protect athletes.
Isn't that an unfair advantage to not require hormone replacement therapy. I love that they don't have to have surgeries or apply to do it; it just seems very unfair to athletes.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Isn't that an unfair advantage to not require hormone replacement therapy. I love that they don't have to have surgeries or apply to do it; it just seems very unfair to athletes.
Competing in the female category requires testing to show that the athlete is below certain testosterone levels after a point (I don't remember if it's age or level). I think that is supposed to help with any potentially perceived advantages (although I'm not even sure how much of an issue that would really be). But also the policy is a good start that I'm sure will be tweaked as time goes by.

anikacanaxel

Competing in the female category requires testing to show that the athlete is below certain testosterone levels after a point (I don't remember if it's age or level). I think that is supposed to help with any potentially perceived advantages (although I'm not even sure how much of an issue that would really be). But also the policy is a good start that I'm sure will be tweaked as time goes by.
At that point they're requiring HRT. No biological man will have T that low. I'm so glad the new policy exists also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information