Grand Prix De France 2023 - Ladies SP “Don’t Rain on my Blah Skate”

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The more Mark goes on about the travel/training schedule, the more I want to shout at the coach JUST SAY NO.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Her body movement with those long arms and somewhat reckless abandon reminds me exactly of 2002-2003 Kostner, actually with a little less of a spark. I know people really enjoy her but there's a lot missing for me still.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
I want to dislike Kimmie, but she has a similar skating style and basics to Carolina, so it's hard.
Unfortunately, she doesn't have Carolina's speed or lightness, but has Carolina's psych.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Respond left it all on the warmup. I’m shocked. She skates a lot slower in the program than she does without music, where she has Kostner level speed. I’m not a huge fan of the music. I’d like to see something that emphasizes her power more. The flying camel was spectacular. Did she cut short the layback?

honey

Her skating skills are interesting. Fantastic speed, but the edge work is only mediocre. Her upper body movement is world class though. Very surprised to see the jump errors as she’s usually extremely steady.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Tough skate for Repond, but I really like this program for her. She's shown a lot of improvement in her skating skills. She's really utilizing her long legs and wow is she really holding tension in her arms well in this step sequence.

Even without the jumps, I enjoyed that.

skatingguy

decently
Respond, Kimmy 🇨🇭
Coach: Jeromie Repond, Mathieu Delcambre
Muisc: Voila by Barbara Pravi

3Fe - really cautious entry - step out
2A
Fly Camel Spin 4

3Lz+COMBO - fall
Ch Combo Spin 3
Step Sequence 3

Layback Spin 3

Not much too say - another rough skate. She has clearly grown since last season.

50.64 = 7th Place

Last edited:

leilaofpaper

Thanks Mark lol. Well given the colour of her outfit I’d say probably inspired by Papadakis/Cizeron

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information