Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Spring is here and no one is glamourizing? :glamor:
I just spent a lot at Sephora online. There are no stand alone Sephoras here, I don't go into Kohls except to do Amazon Returns, which is where Sephoras are around here.

I went to one in KC a month ago, but for some reason that one seemed to only carry products and colors for POC skin types/coloring.

I dont necessarily like to by KVD products because of her anti Vax views, but her translucent face powder is my favorite, light coverage.

I got 2 new Urban Decay Vice lipstick (one a shine and one a matte - Ravenwoods and DTSA. I recently purchased Art Walk and Love Trap, and decided I wanted a couple of other colors. I hadn't purchased lip color for over 8 or 9 years and decided I wanted to try new colors. Selena Gomez eye pallet.

Clinque moisture surge face cream, a Clinque Cover Coverage cream, a couple of new brushes.

Just a bunch of new stuff.

skategal

Bunny mama
I picked up a new Elf lipstick this weekend.

They are supposed to be dupes for the NARS Audacious lipsticks.

But I don’t think they are.

I find them less hydrating.

However, for only $12 versus $44 for the NARS, they are very, very good.

The shade range is a bit limited but I got a nice berry shade this time.

The one I bought previously was a terracotta shade.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I spent a ton, yet forgot to get the Lancôme Defenicils brown mascara. For me, it’s the only dark brown that stays all day. As I can no longer use black unless I’m doing a full eye, the Lancôme is my go to. CoverGirl clump crusher doesn’t have the same coverage, but it will have to do until I replace the Lancôme.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I am looking for a hair paste that gives my hair volume and even a bit of spike without being a crazy gel that you can clearly see I am using.

I used to use Redkin Rough Paste 12 and I really like it except it's not quite strong enough. Then I bought Bumble & Bumble's Sumotech but it doesn't spread very well leading to clumps in my hair and not being able to brush it if I use enough.

So I need something that spreads more like Redkin Rough Paste 12 but holds more like Bumble & Bumble's Sumotech. Maybe something part-way in between the two?

fan

any curly haired folks out there have any holy grail products? I have fine curly hair (2c - 3a), but I have a lot of it. It's not too dry

skategal

Bunny mama
any curly haired folks out there have any holy grail products? I have fine curly hair (2c - 3a), but I have a lot of it. It's not too dry
Living Proof products for Curly hair is the best line I’ve used so far but I’m always on look out for better stuff.

Didn’t really like Not Your Mother’s Curl products.

Bumble and Bumble was okay.

fan

Living Proof products for Curly hair is the best line I’ve used so far but I’m always on look out for better stuff.

Didn’t really like Not Your Mother’s Curl products.

Bumble and Bumble was okay.
i find the living proof is so highly scented that I'm not a fan

Aceon6

So I need something that spreads more like Redkin Rough Paste 12 but holds more like Bumble & Bumble's Sumotech. Maybe something part-way in between the two?
Maybe go to a large barber shop and try a few things?

Hindernisse

What made a difference for me was using hair oil daily in between the washes. It refreshes the look of the curls with its nourishing ingredients. Even when hair are not too dry, they dry out in between washes. I currently use Moroccanoil but I feel any oil would do.

To style the curls right after washing I use a wet hair brush from WetHair - it doesn't break your hair. I got one as a gift on Lookfantastic. Then I apply hair mousse or a cream for curly hair together with hair mousse. A cream alone doesn't do the work for me. I have this one which I got as a gift: https://www.cultbeauty.com/aveda-be...K_YVZxUR8iUXr6gmWkxoC62kQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anemone

Anyone know of a good place in the US that sells OPI nailpolish and will ship to Canada?
The new holiday collection just came out. 13 of the 14 colours are available at all the shops here. But there is 1 colour - the one I want the most of course! - which for some strange reason is being sold in Canada only in gel, not the nail lacquer. It is available in lacquer in the UK, US, etc, but not Canada. I emailed one of the polish shops I've bought from, and this is what they told me. That one colour is not being distributed in lacquer in Canada. :huh:
The place in the US I ordered nail polish from in the past will no longer ship to Canada.
I tried amazon, but no luck.
I want that bottle of Peppermint Bark & Bite! 😄
Any shop suggestions?

skategal

Bunny mama
Anyone know of a good place in the US that sells OPI nailpolish and will ship to Canada?
The new holiday collection just came out. 13 of the 14 colours are available at all the shops here. But there is 1 colour - the one I want the most of course! - which for some strange reason is being sold in Canada only in gel, not the nail lacquer. It is available in lacquer in the UK, US, etc, but not Canada. I emailed one of the polish shops I've bought from, and this is what they told me. That one colour is not being distributed in lacquer in Canada. :huh:
The place in the US I ordered nail polish from in the past will no longer ship to Canada.
I tried amazon, but no luck.
I want that bottle of Peppermint Bark & Bite! 😄
Any shop suggestions?
Unless you are in QC, it looks like Sally can ship it to Canada.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Unless you are in QC, it looks like Sally can ship it to Canada.

I'm confused. Shouldn't a polish with peppermint in the name be pink or red or something? That polish is dark green!

On a completely unrelated note, Nordstrom shut down their Trunk Club and now I have no one to send me clothes. I tried Stitch Fix at one point and found they were trying to dress me like a 20-something youngster and ignoring what I actually said about what I wanted to wear. Have they gotten better? Is there another company that does this that people like? I was doing great with Nordstrom Trunk Club until my stylist quit but even with the new one, I was doing okay.

myhoneyhoney

Soo I went to Sephora to get a red lipstick for the 1920’s event Hubby and I are going to! The problem?? I started looking more into 1920’s makeup style and I don’t like it. Seriously, long skinny eyebrows and purposely droopy eyes? What in the….. cringe.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Soo I went to Sephora to get a red lipstick for the 1920’s event Hubby and I are going to! The problem?? I started looking more into 1920’s makeup style and I don’t like it. Seriously, long skinny eyebrows and purposely droopy eyes? What in the….. cringe.
Hey, I’d be naturally in fashion for once :lol:
Do dark under eye circles count?

I’m back into being a redhead after seven years between being blonde and honing my natural grey and rat colored hair.
I’ve enjoyed having my hair on its natural state and liked the grey streaks it has, but I needed a change.

And, now, most of the makeup combinations I’m used to don’t suit my coloring anymore…

Desperado

I’m only an Insider, so I concentrated on the Sephora Collection because of the 30% sale and bought eyeliners (brown and green) and a hydrating lipstick w/ lipliner along with a lipgloss. Online colours are always a hit or miss, but I couldn’t stomach going in the store with many people and not necessarily every colour available anyways.

Do you have any favourite SC product(s)? Or anything that was a dud for you? I bought a hydrating serum that was so sticky it was pretty gross, so never again. I liked the small brush sets they have when I traveled and their small eye shadows palettes were great, but I had to discontinue use due to allergies.

skategal

Bunny mama
I bought my Drunk Elephant moisturizer, a Milk makeup highlighter stick and a Summer Friday lip balm.

The lip balm is the latest trend product. Hope I like it.

The product I really wanted to buy (the new Hourglass face palette) has been sold out since the start of the sale. :(

Aceon6

Slim pickings for me. I decided against replenishing my Tan Luxe as it becomes less effective the longer you store it. It will be a springtime thing going forward along with my Laura Mercier foundation and concealer. Santa will be bringing some Dr. Gross, KVD lip stain, a Clinique blush, Sephora gel liner pencil, and fresh lip balm. I used some points for the Kiehls travel set. I believe this is my first time being under $200 on the fall sale.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I almost never wear makeup so when I do, my foundation is super old. Do those powder and cake foundations really work? Would they last longer? My powder eye shadow and my pencils last forever.

Also, I need advice for buying clothes. Should I start a new thread for that?

skategal

Bunny mama
I almost never wear makeup so when I do, my foundation is super old. Do those powder and cake foundations really work? Would they last longer? My powder eye shadow and my pencils last forever.
Yes powder foundations are good and last longer than liquid/creams.

skategal

Bunny mama
I'm looking for the holy grail of eyeliner that stays on.
Have you tried Make Up Forever Aqua Resist Waterproof liner?

I haven’t but I’ve used the Aqua Resist Eyeshadow Sticks and they stay put on my watery eyes.

fan

Have you tried Make Up Forever Aqua Resist Waterproof liner?

I haven’t but I’ve used the Aqua Resist Eyeshadow Sticks and they stay put on my watery eyes.
is this a new formulation? the last time i tried their eyeliners was probably 4 years ago, and they didn't last

skategal

Bunny mama
is this a new formulation? the last time i tried their eyeliners was probably 4 years ago, and they didn't last
Not sure.

It is the waterproof variety.

The only eyeliner that ever lasted on me was the Marc Anthony gel liners but that whole line was discontinued.

I’ve had good luck with the Stila Stay all Day waterproof liquid liner.

It lasted during a wedding for me.

But I don’t really like using liquid liner so I basically gave up wearing any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information