Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have a question about bras and this seemed like the best place to put it even if it's not about personal care products.

My current band size is 35. This is not a size that bras come in as far as I know. So I ordered some 34DDD and some 36DD and the first were too tight in the band and the latter were too loose.

What do other people do in this situation?

myhoneyhoney

I have a question about bras and this seemed like the best place to put it even if it's not about personal care products.

My current band size is 35. This is not a size that bras come in as far as I know. So I ordered some 34DDD and some 36DD and the first were too tight in the band and the latter were too loose.

See if a seamstress can attach the hook loops in between or shorten the band just enough to work?

Desperado

The 35 is your measured size, right? What do you mean by too tight? If you can attach it to the first set of hooks and there's room for about 2 fingers, the band size fits but the model might not.

Would this help? https://www.barenecessities.com/feature.aspx?pagename=fit_sizing

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The 35 is your measured size, right? What do you mean by too tight? If you can attach it to the first set of hooks and there's room for about 2 fingers, the band size fits but the model might not.

Would this help? https://www.barenecessities.com/feature.aspx?pagename=fit_sizing
Yes, I measured 35. The 34 does attach to the first set of hooks. But it's a bit of a squeeze like when you gain weight but can still get those old jeans if you suck your gut in enough. :lol: No way I can get 1 finger in let alone two. And it is killing me by dinner time.

The too big one does technically fit. But it's on the last set of hooks and I can still get a finger or two in so as soon as it stretches, it's not going to support me.

Desperado

I would try another brand. I find sometimes big differences between them and I’m around your size. Chantelle is my favourite but $$$, so Wacoal is my usual. Decent wireless are even harder to find.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I would try another brand. I find sometimes big differences between them and I’m around your size. Chantelle is my favourite but $$$, so Wacoal is my usual. Decent wireless are even harder to find.
One of them was Wacoal but I don't remember which one. I like that brand, too. I have a 3rd bra that came later that I haven't tried yet.

This is my first time buying bras from the internet. The Nordstroms near my house is gone and I didn't want to drive across the Bay to get to the next closest one. :(

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover

I have a set of bra extenders that I bought on Amaz. My set has two, three and four hooks in white, Caucasian nude, and black. They cost less than $10 for the set.

Last edited:

skategal

Bunny mama
I’ve been “practicing” some eye shadow looks for my cousin’s upcoming wedding that I will be attending.

I use the word practicing loosely because everything I try looks worse than my everyday makeup that I always do. :lol:

Oh well…if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. :lol:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I’ve been “practicing” some eye shadow looks for my cousin’s upcoming wedding that I will be attending.

I use the word practicing loosely because everything I try looks worse than my everyday makeup that I always do. :lol:

Oh well…if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. :lol:
Just do it the normal stuff but with glittery shades! :)

Aceon6

I’m trying. :lol:

I’m actually trying to go more neutral with some sparkle (I usually wear bronze warm tones) but it isn’t quite working out yet. :lol:
Hmmm. I might have an idea. Do you have any holographic highlight powders? If so, try “normal” shadow with slightly darker than normal in the crease, then add just a touch of accent at the inner and outer corners. And don’t forget some color under your lower lashes. Something like this, but with pink instead of yellow.

skategal

Bunny mama
Hmmm. I might have an idea. Do you have any holographic highlight powders? If so, try “normal” shadow with slightly darker than normal in the crease, then add just a touch of accent at the inner and outer corners. And don’t forget some color under your lower lashes. Something like this, but with pink instead of yellow.
Yes I have 1 colour changing (white/pink) highlighter.

I’ll try that next.

I generally don’t like colour under my lower lashes, so I may pass on that.

I also have a nice light icy green I’m going to try.

My dress is green so I don’t want too much green on my eyes but a touch might be nice.

Yesterday’s attempt wasn’t too bad but I feel like the taupe/light greys wash me out.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
You can always go to Sephora and them to help. That's what I do when my minimal makeup skills are not cutting it.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
One of them was Wacoal but I don't remember which one. I like that brand, too. I have a 3rd bra that came later that I haven't tried yet.

This is my first time buying bras from the internet. The Nordstroms near my house is gone and I didn't want to drive across the Bay to get to the next closest one. :(
I just gave up and am wearing bralettes. There's no lift, but also no under wires. I've tried just about every brand out there, spent $$$$, sent a lot back. Since I'm 69, have a belly that looks like I'm 6 months pregnant, I'm just letting the boobs rest in a sports bra like material with about as much lift as a sports bra. At this age, I don't need to impress any one. So I just look like one of those cartoonish old ladies

But I don't have an uncomfortable bag, wires sticking into my fat excess tissue that doesn't fit into any bra cup.

KVD Beauty Tattoo pencil or liner
Stila Stay All Day
And if you’re not sure handed, try gray or navy as it’s easier to hide mistakes.
I loved KVD liner - but the ones I liked they discontinued.
Stila - I liked but it was uneven in the amount of eyeliner fluid that came out.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I just gave up and am wearing bralettes.
I can't do that because of my size. Small band, big cups. Either the band is too big or the cups are too small with the ones that come in S, M, L, etc. Also, I really need underwires.

As much as I love makeup and Sephora, I always feel a bit like “bozo the clown” when makeup staff get ahold of my face. Too much. :lol:
The one near me does a pretty good job. They rarely steer me wrong on product as well.

skategal

Bunny mama
I can't do that because of my size. Small band, big cups. Either the band is too big or the cups are too small with the ones that come in S, M, L, etc. Also, I really need underwires.

The one near me does a pretty good job. They rarely steer me wrong on product as well.
Mine is good on the product selection but overkill on the “let me try this on you” part.

If they used half as much, it would be perfect.

skategal

Bunny mama
For those playing along (LOL) I tried the green eye shadow today.

Looks the nicest so far but it might be a bit too matchy matchy with my dress.

Was hoping to get the Stila eyeliner today but didn’t make it there yet.

millyskate

Triumph has some great quality (and pretty) bras both wired and wireless and they are mid-range. The band size is a little small so I suspect 36 would fit a 35. I find them really comfortable.
Here M&S have good options too but they're not available in the US.

Aceon6

For those playing along (LOL) I tried the green eye shadow today.

Looks the nicest so far but it might be a bit too matchy matchy with my dress.

Was hoping to get the Stila eyeliner today but didn’t make it there yet.
Maybe mix with gold to be a bit less green? Like mossy.

Desperado

Spring is here and no one is glamourizing? :glamor:

Sephora has a 30% sale on its collection and no one is talking about buying anything? :biggrinbo Is the brand that bad?

I’m trying the retractable eyeliners, lip balm and hydrating serum because I’m so excited that they’ve moved away from the 2 chemicals I react to (phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerine).

I saw Sonia Valencia on IG going on and on about how great the Sephora liquid eyeliner is, but it only comes in black and I’m not ready for that. Also don’t know her channel enough to trust her reviews yet.

I don’t expect a lot from the brand, although I really like its makeup tools, but I like to buy things on the site every season. (And 75% of the time never use them again, it’s a giant weakness of mine.)

myhoneyhoney

I have sooo much makeup, specially eyeshadows and lipsticks. Enough to last a lifetime. I will probably go in and get some skincare. I’m getting closer to 50, gotta get on the heavy duty skin stuff 😂 I thank baby boy #1 for constantly stocking me with Sephora cards.

skategal

Bunny mama
Spring is here and no one is glamourizing? :glamor:

Sephora has a 30% sale on its collection and no one is talking about buying anything? :biggrinbo Is the brand that bad?

I’m trying the retractable eyeliners, lip balm and hydrating serum because I’m so excited that they’ve moved away from the 2 chemicals I react to (phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerine).

I saw Sonia Valencia on IG going on and on about how great the Sephora liquid eyeliner is, but it only comes in black and I’m not ready for that. Also don’t know her channel enough to trust her reviews yet.

I don’t expect a lot from the brand, although I really like its makeup tools, but I like to buy things on the site every season. (And 75% of the time never use them again, it’s a giant weakness of mine.)
I hear the blushes are great.

I only bought a small bit of stuff in the sale.

A mini Laguna bronzer from Nars and some Drunk Elephant skincare.

I’m trying to use up more of my makeup before buying any more.

I do plan to buy the new Nars foundation once inside up my foundation.

I had a sample of it and I love it.

It’s good for the normal/dry skin ladies like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information