Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
For me, if I do my brows and lashes and apply a bit of shimmery eye highlighter, it’s fancy enough. I use lip stain now as I’m in a mask on/mask off state.

skategal

Bunny mama
I know it’s low key but lately I’ve been enjoying the Cover Girl Clean Fresh tinted lip balms.

I have the cherry one and it lasts way longer than normal lip balms and leaves my lips a little stained so when it wears off I still have a bit of colour.

The berry one is supposed to be a dupe for Clinique Black Honey almost lipstick.

I haven’t found that shade in stock yet though to try it out.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I dont often read this thread - since I don't buy a lot of eyeshadow and lip stain products.

I got an order from Sephora last week - Clinque moisturizer, BB foundation and add the cleansing wipes to recieve free shipping.

Today i discovered that I didn't have a back up Clinque Moisture Surge Lip Hydro plump tube. Shipping and Handling was going to cost as much as the product. I go to Ulta for that one thing. Left with $98 of things. I did avoid Urban Decay area- otherwise it would probably have been an additional $60 or $75.

DH is still driving me around..he just said 1 item? and rolled his eyes

clairecloutier

Anyone have dry shampoo suggestions? I've been using Living Proof dry shampoo and like it a lot. But it's expensive and I'm wondering if I can find something cheaper but still good. Looking for something with a lot of lift and not too much fragrance.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Anyone have dry shampoo suggestions? I've been using Living Proof dry shampoo and like it a lot. But it's expensive and I'm wondering if I can find something cheaper but still good. Looking for something with a lot of lift and not too much fragrance.
I use "Not your mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo. It works well enough for me. I don't think it has fragrance but I'm not sure it has a lot of lift either.

I like the amika dry shampoo. Not sure what you mean about lift, I’ve never felt any dry shampoo lifts my hair but it’s also super thick and heavy so it takes some work to get any lift out of my hair. It has a bit of fragrance, but it fades pretty quickly and doesn’t bother me, and a lot of fragrances do bug me.

clairecloutier

I guess I probably mean cleaning power more than lift. For my fine hair, they're kind of the same thing ... A strong dry shampoo like Living Proof just seems to work better, my hair looks cleaner, and it has a little more body. A less powerful dry shampoo doesn't seem to work as well, and my hair kind of lies there limply, LOL. Thanks for the recommendations. I actually had a trial-size bottle of the Amika, so I'm trying that today.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Does anyone have suggestions on a styling/finishing cream to use on dry hair? I had one I liked that I purchased from a seller on etsy who is closing. I don't want anything too heavy that glues your hair down, but the creams I've used on wet hair don't seem to work as well for me. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Hi all - haven't been doing much beauty shopping of late but wanted to share a tip. I was shopping Costco online (not sure if anyone does this, the product selection is much more limited than in store, but you can get the basics) and browsing through their beauty section and was surprised at some of the high end brands they had available. So then I checked pricing against Sephora and whoa! I bought two Darphin products for 59.99 each that Sephora had listed at 86.99 each! This is all CAD, and the Canadian websites.

Worth a look :)

Aceon6

Does anyone have suggestions on a styling/finishing cream to use on dry hair? I had one I liked that I purchased from a seller on etsy who is closing. I don't want anything too heavy that glues your hair down, but the creams I've used on wet hair don't seem to work as well for me. Thanks for any suggestions.
I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Antihumidity Smoothing Milk. A little goes a long way.

Stefanie

I have used this in the past:

myhoneyhoney

So I went to Sephora’s website to check if they sell the Shark FlexStyler (a Dyson air wrap copycat) and the results were a surprise. They don’t sell the Shark but they sell sex toys! Who knew?!

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
it is the sexual wellness industry. They got into retailers like Sephora in the EU and the UK a few years ago.

so happy my previous employer managed to **** up the US Sephora hehehe

Aceon6

I am again super unhappy with my mascara.

WIll go back to Loreal Paradis as it is decent.
I just bought a mini sampler as my tried and true MUFE Excessive Lash seems to be no more. Fortunately, this lot has a few with small bristles.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I just bought a mini sampler as my tried and true MUFE Excessive Lash seems to be no more. Fortunately, this lot has a few with small bristles.
I loved MUFE Aqua smokey lash bit it is often oos and apparently willbe ot already is discountinued. Its like every brand is against my perfect mascara option…

First world problems….

Aceon6

For those like me who have little patience for a full home manicure, try expressie. It’s from the Essie line, but dries in 1 minute and works without a base or top coat. I used it for SkAm and a 2-coat lasted for over a week with only two (1-minute dry time) touch ups. Removes easily, too, with no color bleed. The size is great… between a mini and a full size, so it’s easy to throw in the makeup bag.

eta, the Orly Breathable dries quickly as well, but it doesn’t last as long as expressie.

Last edited:

oleada

I am again super unhappy with my mascara.

WIll go back to Loreal Paradis as it is decent.
Same. I got Tarte Maneater mascara in their anniversary sale and I hate it. It smudges so easily. I normally use Dior, can’t wait to go back.

Stefanie

Same. I got Tarte Maneater mascara in their anniversary sale and I hate it. It smudges so easily. I normally use Dior, can’t wait to go back.
I tried the Tarte "Lights, Camera, Action" mascara and wasn't impressed.

I also do not like Beauty Counter's mascara. Horrible!

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Is anyone else swearing by lash primer? I'm over the moon for the CG primer, and my lashes are in much better shape after a summer of waterproof mascara thanks to it.

I can't even blame brands for discontinuing mascaras I like. I literally need to change my whole mascara lineup every few months. Sometimes it's because I just can't be happy/have nice things... :lol: But also... my lashes are blonde, straight, wispy, and I think I ask too much from mascara. (And put on too much, creating clumps...)

THAT said, I have enough "good lash days" from the following:
Benefit Roller Lash (Maybelline's Lash Sensational is a great dupe)
Buxom Lash (That's been hit/miss for over a decade, I swear...)
Maybelline The Colossal Cat Eye (gets dryyyyy quick tho, and no WP option)
Cover Girl Clump Crusher (v. basic, tho)

Generally I'm learning to layer different mascaras, and make sure I run a tissue over the wand of goopy ones to avoid clumps.

Despite masking being less of a thing these days, I'm hoping lip stains are still coming back.

skategal

Bunny mama
I’ve never used lash primer.

My eyelashes are long and think just light in color so a volumizing mascara is enough.

I’d love to find a non-drying lip stain.

I’m also interested in non-runny lip oils.

Not sure either of these exist though. LOL.

The Sephora sale is now for ROUGE and tomorrow for VIB and the 3rd I think for everyone.

I haven’t made a purchase yet.

Trying to avoid getting cosmetics and just stock up on my skincare.

Aceon6

I just did my order. DH usually fills my Xmas stocking with whatever I buy from the fall sale, so I didn’t feel that constrained. Despite having every intention of buying a bunch of interesting things, I ended up with 90% replacement products. :mad: that KVD liquid lipstick seems to be discontinued and I couldn’t find any nude shadow minis that weren’t too peach or too pink. And I went back to old reliable Clinique High Impact mascara as it’s the only acceptable one that comes in brown/black. I look like Tammi Faye with anything much blacker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information