Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

Desperado

I need to upgrade my eyeshadow brushes with a new all over and a crease/structure one. So far I'm looking at CA$27 Lise Watier brushes (not at Sephora - I'm cheating) because I'm getting lost in the Sephora Collection brush #s or can't find both in a specific brand.

Should I branch out to another website? Which brands do you use? I have old hooded eyelids so not hot to the idea of spending $100 for 2 brushes.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Someone told me that mascara primer helps keep your mascara on longer but also makes it easier to take off.

Truth or fiction?

skategal

Bunny mama
Someone told me that mascara primer helps keep your mascara on longer but also makes it easier to take off.

Truth or fiction?
No idea. Never used one.

But that is a good transition to something I was going to post here.

I was watching some Youtube last night and came across someone with a minimalist collection that she was decluttering. It really was pretty minimal and much smaller than my own collection.

But she had 7 mascaras and 12 foundation/tinted moisturizers. Way more than I have.:eek:

Then I got curious and wondered:

1. What are the beauty products you have that you have way too much of?

2. What are the beauty products you have that you barely have any of?

For me:

1. I have way too much lip products, nail polish, highlighter and eyeshadow. I actually don't have a ton of eyeshadow (mostly mini-palettes but it's more than I'll ever need.

2. I only have 1 mascara, 2 brow products, 3 eyeliners, 3 lipliners, 1 concealer, 1 pressed powder, 1 loose powder (mini sized.)

I have a good amount of foundation, blush, bronzer.

Thoughts?

Sarrie

1. I have way too many lipsticks and eye shadow palettes. I also have a fair amount of eyeliner because lately I love a pop of brightness so lots of different colors. I have too many mascaras but use only two consistently. Since I turned 40 a few years ago I really got into skincare so I also have a ton of serums and moisturizers and other assorted skincare products. My two beauty box subscriptions def help feed this addiction!

2. I have two different foundations I use, one a liquid and one a cream. I don't really know how to do my face proper so have maybe one bronzer I've used once. I do have a few highlighters I've enjoyed experimenting with. I have two concealers. So I don't have a ton of those products.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Too much eye stuff as I don’t wear shadow or liner that often. Too little tinted moisturizer and foundation. I should have three shades of each to work with whatever color my skin is at various times of the year. Instead, I have the color that worked best when I bought it.

Aceon6

Note to self… Using neutral nail polish does allow you to go a few extra weeks between manicures. But it doesn’t mean going 8 weeks. Gawd, my nails and cuticles were so messed up that the cleanup took nearly an hour. Please remind me to do this again well before I leave for Montreal.

Desperado

2024 life has been a roller coaster of crap so I’m buying too many eyeshadow mini-palettes to soothe myself. There are more palettes made without the chemicals I’m allergic to now and I overindulged.

Got two from Mineral Fusion (not a Sephora brand) and a concealer one I thought could double up as cream eyeshadows (didn’t work - too greasy). Yesterday I also got this Lawless one I really like so far:

Last edited:

Aceon6

Reminder to addicts, the spring sale starts soon. Rouge starts on the 5th, VIB and Insider on the 9th. Sephora brand is 30% off for all starting on the 5th. I’m glad I checked as I planned to hit the mall on Tuesday, but I need a bunch of stuff and will wait.

skategal

Bunny mama
2024 life has been a roller of crap so I’m buying too many eyeshadow mini-palettes to soothe myself. There are more palettes made without the chemicals I’m allergic to now and I overindulged.

Got two from Mineral Fusion (not a Sephora brand) and a concealer one I thought could double up as cream eyeshadows (didn’t work - too greasy). Yesterday I also got this Lawless one I really like so far:

I love mini eyeshadow palettes but I’m trying not to buy anymore.

kimkom

I bought a mini bottle of Armani Luminous Silk foundation to see what the fuss was about. I’m screwed…I’ll be paying $93 for my foundation forever - it’s that good, :wall:

Aceon6

My wallet took a big hit today’s I needed foundation, self tanner, blenders, eye liner sticks and liquid lipsticks. It would have been a bigger total, but @kimkom the Armani didn’t come in a shade that made me look better than the cheaper Dior Forever Skin Glow.

And boo on Urban Decay. They’ve renamed all the Vice lipstick colors except Backtalk and I could not find anything close to Violate which was one of my favorites. I was about 30 minutes in at that point and did not want to wander aimlessly to find a match. If anyone here has replaced Violate, please let me know.

skategal

Bunny mama
I only did a mini Sephora stock up today.

I got a mini Rare Beauty liquid blush in Happy (this will last me awhile because you only need a little), a mini Laura Mercier eye shadow stick in moonlight, and a mini Anastasia Beverly Hills brow gel in Taupe.

I selected a Tom Ford Lost Cherry perfume as a sample. Hope I get it.

Now I need to order some Pureology shampoo from Amazon which has a better deal going on it than Sephora. :lol:

Aceon6

I went back and did an online order. I just couldn’t resist the Natasha Denoma Xenon mini palette that wasn’t in stock at my local store. I like to mute brighter shadow colors with grays and those are very hard to find.

kimkom

Love this time of year at Sephora - thank goodness for 30% off!

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray
Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum
Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Luminous Powder Blush (this is amazing!)
Tatcha Water Cream Moisturizer
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5 in 1 Styling Treatment (this is new to me. Hopefully it works on my fine hair)

Aceon6

I went back and did an online order. I just couldn’t resist the Natasha Denoma Xenon mini palette that wasn’t in stock at my local store. I like to mute brighter shadow colors with grays and those are very hard to find.
Quoting myself as I’m very happy with the xenon mini palette. The two grays are very versatile and the neutral highlight is just the right shade with pink/peach undertones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information