Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

skategal

Bunny mama
I’m halfway through Bridgerton Season 3 Part 1 and noticing many of the main characters (Penelope, Eloise, Violet, Mrs. Featherington) are wearing a very bronze eyeshadow.

Pat McGrath is usually involved with the makeup of this show.

Are we heading towards a bronzey eye look this season?

I hope so. I love a bronze eye look.

This my “go to” look. :encore: :cheer2:

The look used in the show is even more bronze than I usually do though.

I may have to step it up and break out my Pat McGrath mini palette with the bronze eyeshadow in it. :lol:

Desperado

Went in person to buy the Fenty Amplifying eye primer and it’s essentially a dry and sticky almost transparent film. I had trouble applying my crease eyeshadow but I’m never great at it. I have old hooded eyelids and it’s always a crapshoot but should be fine for people who really know what they’re doing.

It does really seem to “amplify” the colours though.

Stay tuned to find out how long my eye makeup will last but it’s promising.

skategal

Bunny mama
Went in person to buy the Fenty Amplifying eye primer and it’s essentially a dry and sticky almost transparent film. I had trouble applying my crease eyeshadow but I’m never great at it. I have old hooded eyelids and it’s always a crapshoot but should be fine for people who really know what they’re doing.

It does really seem to “amplify” the colours though.

Stay tuned to find out how long my eye makeup will last but it’s promising.
I bought the About Face eye primer.

I don’t usually use eye primer but wanted something to help my eyeshadow last better.

I discovered it doesn’t work under stick eyeshadow as the colour won’t lay down at all from the stick to the eye on top of the primer. :lol:

No biggie as sticks are usually formulated to be long lasting anyway.

I’ll report back here how well it works with powder which is why I originally purchased it.

Desperado

About Face (Shoppers Drug Mart) has some great Matte ones.

I was impressed with the metallics I bought.
Interesting and they don’t use the chemicals I’m allergic to so - win! But I checked and they’re only available in a location that I have called “the corner of Death & Despair” for many years and I can’t tell from the pictures which ones are metallic or matte. I would be game to go on a weekend but would then miss the seniors rebate…

But it is also close to a big liquor store that holds my favourite tequila….

Decisions, decisions. :lol:

skategal

Bunny mama
Interesting and they don’t use the chemicals I’m allergic to so - win! But I checked and they’re only available in a location that I have called “the corner of Death & Despair” for many years and I can’t tell from the pictures which ones are metallic or matte. I would be game to go on a weekend but would then miss the seniors rebate…

But it is also close to a big liquor store that holds my favourite tequila….

Decisions, decisions. :lol:
I’ve ordered stuff online using the Shoppers Drug Mart app and they send it via Canada Post if that is a better option for you.

They should say on the app which is matte vs metallic.

Desperado

I’ve ordered stuff online using the Shoppers Drug Mart app and they send it via Canada Post if that is a better option for you.

They should say on the app which is matte vs metallic.
I’ve only ordered once from them and just like Sephora, they moved to smaller carriers and it means I need to wait at home for it.

I’ll check and see if I can chose CP because it’s so convenient, as well as found out if online orders include the seniors rebate.

Yes, I’m cheap in my beauty products overspending. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information