FSU: Rank the 2020 Programs of the Year

Rock2

Would love to participate...but apparently it requires watching all 20 free dances to respond

Will check back in for singles and pairs thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
For the life of me I could not remember Wakaba's program. I had to go back and watch some of it again to jog my memory. And even then it felt unfamiliar!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Tony, no U didn’t. I just checked all your posts in this thread and I don’t see anything. And no tags...

🧐

Unless..... UNLESS as @alchemy void suggested WE are hosting the show?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I'm thinking I could turn this into a YouTube or streaming awards show when all is said and done, and we could have our own little 'Skating Awards' just as the ISU did ;)

With that said, I'm going to keep the results of the rankings private until we are finished.

@AngieNikodinovLove

Quoting myself. To which you were tagged in a suggestion for the above. Stop being drunk. :40beers:

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Ugh, this reminds me again how we never got a clean version of Kaori's wonderful Matrix program.:wuzrobbed

On the other hand, we've hopefully heard the last of that hideous cover of "Roxanne" that Sofia insisted on tormenting us with all season.

J

Jeschke

I would love to see the scandal the breaks out if people saw mine
As if anyone would be in shock here :p
The fact that you even wonder :rofl:
Yup! 3 way tie with Bradie and Amber!!!!!!!!
1) Where did you see Amber on the poll? :gallopin1
2) I might bow down in awe, if you managed to sneak her in though :D
3) Bradie (to the big surprise of myself) made it into my Top10. That might count as her biggest victory ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

As if anyone would be in shock here :p

The fact that you even wonder :rofl:

1) Where did you see Amber on the poll? :gallopin1
2) I might bow down in awe, if you managed to sneak her in though :D
3) Bradie (to the big surprise of myself) made it into my Top10. That might count as her biggest victory ever.

Lolllll I know, I know

Before I clicked on the link to go record my votes my mind read short programs. And Amber was a goddess so that stuck out in my mind.

Don’t worry though everybody I sure did justice to the poll with my selection!! Tee-hee

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

What’s even more of a scandal, I don’t think she made it into my top 10… Think of the headlines we could go from here…

(Now short programs is a different ball game)

J

Jeschke

Thoughts on RD:
  • As 'Broadway' theme was announced, I was happy, during season meh, now rewatching it I kinda liked most of it again :gallopin1
  • Top4 so close to me. I went with Sintsina/Katsalapov, first half was just everything :swoon: Hawayek/Baker runner-up
  • Stepanova/Bukin need to make a FD out of this. Moulin Rouge is perfect for them
  • Program I could not recall and was totally flashed by now: Hurtado/Khaliavin
  • Program I was wow'd by during season but kinda meh now: Fournier Beaudry/Soerensen (I still like it a lot)
  • The 'Tightrope' part is everything for Zagorksi/Guerreiro, the RD concept in a whole though :shuffle:... so hard to place (sorry @taz'smum :p)
  • 3x 'Too Darn Hot' is too much, even if you have the looks of Morozov/Bagin
  • I liked the original Paramour RD more for Guignard/Fabbri than Grease
  • Speaking of Grease: Guilty pleasure program for me, Shpilevaya/Smirnov, missing so much in here
  • my last 2 I disliked so much. Everything of it. Music selection, costumes, concept.

tony

This is just a friendly reminder that you're wasting your time if you submit your response as 'guest' of any kind or if your user name is something that doesn't match your FSU name.

To change your user name, go up to the top right of the page and click on the part that says 'Responding as ' and it will let you change your name and should store the information for all future segments of this.

guest accounts and random user name entries are not being counted.

I believe if you've already submitted and you go back to the page, you can still change your name and it should switch on my end (including previous entries).

clairecloutier

So I've been voting on these programs based 90% on how much I like the concept/music/skating/packaging overall. Just how much I enjoy watching it or not. It's fun to be able to judge the programs based mostly on enjoyment, as opposed to technical elements.

Overall I feel this was an underachieving year for RDs. The Broadway musical theme just didn't produce nearly as many memorable or inventive RDs as there should have been. The ones in my top 8 or so, I really liked a lot. The rest of them ... I don't think I'll be rewatching much.

The RD that I had totally forgotten was Gilles/Poirier. I couldn't even remember what they had skated to.

A lot of the the top teams' RDs weren't necessarily my favorites. As much as it was praised, by the end of the season I was finding S/K's "Singin' in the Rain" cloying, with neither skater particularly convincing in their role. Of the top teams, P/C got the most points from me for creativity, but fell short in enthusiasm. On the whole, I enjoyed the mid-range teams' RDs more this year.

Last edited:

tony

Poll is now mens free skate. Many different entries in this one than we saw in the SP contest.

If you've missed out on any polls and still want to submit results, PM me.

I have to repeat it because I keep getting guest and random name entries: your vote will not be counted if you can't follow the simple step of renaming yourself to your FSU name :)

ETA:
Grassl's program info is labeled wrong.

Here's the playlist: Mens LP Youtube

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information