FSU: Rank the 2020 Programs of the Year

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Hey Tony! I’m gonna do this now. This is just for dance? Is there any question about this? Chock and Bates .... I don’t think anything came within 1000 miles of this program…

Kateri

void beast
There's some interesting stuff coming out. Some dances I remember receiving mostly mocking comments in the pbp now actually seem like lots of people liked them (Smart/Diaz) and some dances that seemed well-received aren't looking so popular now (Gilles/Poirier, Fear/Gibson)

Wonder if people are reevaluating, or people feel like only certain opinions will be well-received in pbp threads, so keep other thoughts to themselves.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
There's some interesting stuff coming out. Some dances I remember receiving mostly mocking comments in the pbp now actually seem like lots of people liked them (Smart/Diaz) and some dances that seemed well-received aren't looking so popular now (Gilles/Poirier, Fear/Gibson)

Wonder if people are reevaluating, or people feel like only certain opinions will be well-received in pbp threads, so keep other thoughts to themselves.

The thing you're seeing on your screen after you submit is not the current standings, I'm fairly certain. Especially if you're seeing what you suggested above ;)

tony

Poll has switched over to the Mens SP- same thing here. Top 20 ISU best scores in the segment from the season, juniors not included. Please change your voting name to your FSU user name or I will delete the entry in order to keep things 'fair'. I will update this post with a playlist of all programs listed.

I know that once again some favorites are probably not here, but just keeping consistent with the top 20 thing. I listed Hanyu's most recent short program for the season, as that's the one he was going to finish it out with.

This poll will last for 2 days and I will switch it to the next segment on Thursday at 3:00 PM EST.

I'm thinking I could turn this into a YouTube or streaming awards show when all is said and done, and we could have our own little 'Skating Awards' just as the ISU did ;)

With that said, I'm going to keep the results of the rankings private until we are finished.

Mens 2020 SP Playlist

Vincent Zhou's program is nowhere to be found on YouTube, as far as I can see. It puts him at a disadvantage from the start :(

Last edited:

Kateri

void beast
The thing you're seeing on your screen after you submit is not the current standings, I'm fairly certain. Especially if you're seeing what you suggested above ;)
Really? 'Cause it kept changing when I refreshed it every few hours, so I assumed it was reacting to other people's input.

tony

Reminder to submit the mens SP rankings - there were quite a few more responses for the dance segment so I want to make sure people still have time to vote. I'll extend voting time and switch them over every 3 days, so this one is going to last until Friday at 3PM EST.

Playlist minus Zhou: Mens SPs 2020
Zhou for non-Americans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyutSknpZ_k

Kateri

void beast
Reminder to submit the mens SP rankings - there were quite a few more responses for the dance segment so I want to make sure people still have time to vote. I'll extend voting time and switch them over every 3 days, so this one is going to last until Friday at 3PM EST.

Playlist minus Zhou: Mens SPs 2020
Zhou for non-Americans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyutSknpZ_k
Thanks Tony. But I'm getting nothing but this right now:

Waiting for tonywheeler334's presentation to begin…
tonywheeler334's presentation is underway. As soon as the activity is active, you’ll see it on the screen here. Stay put.

tony

Thanks Tony. But I'm getting nothing but this right now:

Waiting for tonywheeler334's presentation to begin…
tonywheeler334's presentation is underway. As soon as the activity is active, you’ll see it on the screen here. Stay put.

Should be fixed. I don't know why this keeps happening. I was at the allergy doctor all day and haven't touched anything!

Kateri

void beast
Mens is HARD because as a SP, I think Hanyu's Chopin is one of the best choreographed and effective SPs ever, but I also loved Nathan and, especially, Kevin this year, and they're not repeating old glories.

I had Hanyu, like, 5th in my mental ranking, but then I rewatched it and UGH it really is that good, but... repetition! Should that matter?

tony

Poll is switched: it's pairs short program time.

A few things- there were several (Russian) pairs in the top 20 that only competed junior Internationally all season. They are not included. Ryom/Kim competed with two different short programs but were only in two events all year- only one is available online (at least in the US) so I included the earlier program in the chart/videos.

Programs are here -- some are less than favorable camera angles on a few of them (Stolbova from the upper deck), but this season sure is wiped out on YouTube. :(

Same thing: please vote with your FSU user name.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I think I missed something. Where can we see the results of the previous polls?

tony

I'm thinking I could turn this into a YouTube or streaming awards show when all is said and done, and we could have our own little 'Skating Awards' just as the ISU did ;)

With that said, I'm going to keep the results of the rankings private until we are finished.

@Wyliefan

J

Jeschke

From all categories so far, Pairs SP is the one I really enjoyed/liked most of the programs (and that even without all my beloved RUS junior teams :D ).
Tarasova/Morozov winning for me, close behind are P/K and MTM2. All three teams had an awesomeset of programs last season!

J

Jeschke

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Poll is switched: it's pairs short program time.

A few things- there were several (Russian) pairs in the top 20 that only competed junior Internationally all season. They are not included. Ryom/Kim competed with two different short programs but were only in two events all year- only one is available online (at least in the US) so I included the earlier program in the chart/videos.

Programs are here -- some are less than favorable camera angles on a few of them (Stolbova from the upper deck), but this season sure is wiped out on YouTube. :(

Same thing: please vote with your FSU user name.

When do you think ladies SP will appear so Bradie and Amber can get their righful 1st and 2nd place?

3T3T

That was surpassingly difficult trying to rank all the programmes.

Undisputed No.1 for me with Tarasova & Morozov, followed by P/K and E/K. I’ve watched those SP‘s repeatedly. I forgot how much I enjoyed I/B, sad to see them gone. T/Y made no impression on me in juniors but I ranked them first of the Chinese pairs.

MT/M bringing up the rear for me. I found both their programmes over wrought for me and still fell he will drop her from every lift they do.

tony

Poll for the pairs SP will continue until this afternoon (July 19 3PM EST). It will then switch to ladies free skates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information