From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
Watching Russian cup final, I am wondering why they don’t split Pepeleva/Pleshkov and Vasilieva/Zaporozhets, and don’t create Vasilieva/Pleshkov.

screech

Boikova/Kozlovski- no matter how hard I try to push my imagination, Boikova just is not swan, and them doing ballet, they are not polished enough for that. Their FS - the program could be anything. Not related to music at all. If you switch off the music, you wouldn’t know what they are supposed to be skating. On the positive note, they could have kept the program and keep changing music for every competition, the program would fit into anything.(didn’t Tuktamysheva did that one season, using a program but changing the music?)
I posted in another thread that Boikova reminds me a bit of Meagan Duhamel. Not in body structure, performance, cohesiveness with partner, etc, but in the fact that she regularly has smiles or expressions on her face that have absolutely nothing to do with the music or program.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I will not be watching this Putin propaganda event. It was fun last year but the thought of it this year just makes me ill.

I do feel bad for any skater that might disagree with what’s going on, yet still has to go to this and act all happy. I would definitely have an old injury that has flared up and be unable to attend.

Xela M

I will not be watching this Putin propaganda event. It was fun last year but the thought of it this year just makes me ill.

I do feel bad for any skater that might disagree with what’s going on, yet still has to go to this and act all happy. I would definitely have an old injury that has flared up and be unable to attend.
THIS!! Is Nathan Chen still coming to this? I hope not!!!

zebraswan

There is no way in hell any foreign skaters are going to travel to Russia for a competition any time soon. Other sporting associations are canceling major events in Russia, including the Formula 1 GP which isn't until September. Truly nobody knows how long all this will last, and even if/when there is some resolution, Russia's reputation won't be restored any time soon. This is all going to have long lasting consequences. But if canceled competitions or suspensions are the worst of it, it will still be better than some of the other possible scenarios.

Nobody is going to win in this horrible situation. 😕

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
So, here's a question that just occurred to me...

If Russian skaters are unable to participate in Worlds (say France does refuse new visas and rescind existing visas), does this re-set them back to just 1 entry per discipline for Worlds 2023?

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
Wouldn't the ISU make some kind of exception?
They haven’t before when a country didn’t show up for some reason.

Down to 1 each in 2023. They would most likely be back to 3 each for pairs and ladies in 2024, maybe 3 but more likely 2 for dance, and 2 men. Could possibly get the third spot back in dance in 2024 for 2025 depending on how good the teams they have are.

Last edited:

Stephanie

So, here's a question that just occurred to me...

If Russian skaters are unable to participate in Worlds (say France does refuse new visas and rescind existing visas), does this re-set them back to just 1 entry per discipline for Worlds 2023?
I wondered the same about junior worlds re the JGP (and junior worlds 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information