From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Let’s get serious here. Would the disqualified skater(s) have to return the panda toys awarded in the initial ceremony?
I wondered about that too!!!! Or do they make the entire team return the panda toys? Do they have enough to give an upgraded team panda toys also?

hanca

Values her privacy
Karen Chen and Alexa Knierim would be Olympic GOLD medalists :scream: :yikes:.

WTF is going on, and why wasn't this legal issue determined before the ROC was allowed to compete? It will be incredibly unfair if the team loses their gold medal over one athlete mistakenly being allowed to compete, if that athlete could have been substituted for someone with proper clearance to compete.
Maybe that was the plan from the beginning? Knowing that other countries have no chance to beat Russia, if they raised any problem with drug test before the team event, Russia would use a different skater(s) and win anyway. So the easiest plan how to prevent Russia from getting the gold is to let the skater compete, then disqualify the whole team (or at least disqualify that particular skater) and problem solved! Goodby gold medal! I find all this quite disgusting!

screech

I wonder who might be the drug-taking athlete on Team Russia?
My first thought was Nikita taking prescribed pain medication for his back that unfortunately turned out to have a controlled substance in it. This is just my own speculation. But in any case, with the scrutiny around Russian athletes, I doubt anyone took anything purposefully.

There's also speculation I'm reading that if it's one skater/team, that their points can be dropped from the total, like a WD for that segment. In that case ROC would likely still get the bronze. That's probably the legal part - can the rest of the team's points still count, or would the entire team be DQ since the positive-tested athlete(s) actually competed.

skatingguy

decently
Maybe that was the plan from the beginning? Knowing that other countries have no chance to beat Russia, if they raised any problem with drug test before the team event, Russia would use a different skater(s) and win anyway. So the easiest plan how to prevent Russia from getting the gold is to let the skater compete, then disqualify the whole team (or at least disqualify that particular skater) and problem solved! Goodby gold medal! I find all this quite disgusting!
So you're disgusted by the outcome of a conspiracy theory that you've just invented out of thin air. :rolleyes:

hanca

Values her privacy
So you're disgusted by the outcome of a conspiracy theory that you've just invented out of thin air. :rolleyes:
I don’t believe that any Russian skater was using drugs, especially while they know they are watched under microscope. I find it very convenient that the drug issue was again found. I am disgusted how some countries go fully out of their way to ensure that they get the medal they want. I don’t particularly love Russians, not after they occupied my country for so many years, but what is going on, the politics behind all this, it is disgusting.

skatingguy

decently
I don’t believe that any Russian skater was using drugs, especially while they know they are watched under microscope. I find it very convenient that the drug issue was again found. I am disgusted how some countries go fully out of their way to ensure that they get the medal they want. I don’t particularly love Russians, not after they occupied my country for so many years, but what is going on, the politics behind all this, it is disgusting.
You don't know any of that. Not only have you invented a positive drug test for a Russian athlete that is not yet confirmed, but that the positive test was as a result of the actions of another country to prevent the Russian from medaling. Stop.

DreamSkates

It's being discussed in the OWG subforum in KnC, but here's an article from InsideTheGames

All I gotta say is "ruh-roh" for the ROC and its future within the Olympic movement if this pans out...
I posted this in The Great Skate Debate, but here is a link from USA Today/Apple News https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-medals-delayed-russian-drug-test/6717526001/

hanca

Values her privacy
You don't know any of that. Not only have you invented a positive drug test for a Russian athlete that is not yet confirmed, but that the positive test was as a result of the actions of another country to prevent the Russian from medaling. Stop.
I did not invent anything. According to this article, one of the six Russian skaters failed drug test. How convenient is that?

skatingguy

decently

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story

skatingguy

decently
I can't imagine anyone is stupid enough to have traces of weed in their system?
Let me introduce you to Ross Rebagliati - Olympic Gold medalist in Snowboard from 1998 - who tested positive for marijuana.
AP98020801985_crop_north.jpg

Sylvia

TBD
The exact nature of Valieva’s problem is unclear but the situation is complicated because, under the rules of the World Anti-Doping Code, she is a "Protected Person".
That means as "an athlete who at the time of the anti-doping rule violation: has not reached the age of sixteen" Valieva cannot officially be identified if she is guilty of an anti-doping violation.
insidethegames understands that several legal teams are currently involved working on the complex case which is expected to stretch into tomorrow before a conclusion is reached.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information