From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

Evgeny Semenenko had a hard fall on 4F at Skate Canada practices and had to compete with an injured rib and on painkillers. They couldn't get x-ray because of the bubble, but will do it as soon as they arrive to St Petersburg

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Evgeny Semenenko had a hard fall on 4F at Skate Canada practices and had to compete with an injured rib and on painkillers. They couldn't get x-ray because of the bubble, but will do it as soon as they arrive to St Petersburg
That's ridiculous that they couldn't get him properly checked out because of the bubble! Between this and the unmarked restricted zone getting Raf kicked out, I'm giving Skate Canada a big 👎for this event.

Last edited:

Ka3sha

That's ridiculous that they couldn't get him properly checked out because if the bubble! Between this and the unmarked restricted zone getting Raf kicked out, I'm giving Skate Canada a big 👎for this event.
This is the wording, I don't think they required it and got a NO from the organizers, maybe simply decided not to risk breaking the rules

Karen-W

This is the wording, I don't think they required it and got a NO from the organizers, maybe simply decided not to risk breaking the rules
The rules are too restrictive when they prevent a skater from receiving something like an x-ray for an injury that occurs during practice. That's almost as bad as the concussion protocol that the ISU never enforces even when skaters have bone-jarring falls on their face like Messing did last night.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’m looking forward to finally seeing Stepanova & Bukin’s season debut... soon...Grand Prix Italia. I keep checking the roster to make sure that they’re still on it. So far, so good.

What a way to start, going against Papadakis/Cizeron!

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Stepanova / Bukin - refereeing at the Italian Grand Prix, plans after the Olympics, fans, Cizeron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDlcaW337Gc
The Russian dance duo Alexandra Stepanov and Ivan Bukin took bronze at their first tournament of the season. Immediately after the awarding ceremony at the Italian Grand Prix, Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik spoke with the guys and found out:
  • why Sasha and Vanya really like their programs during the Olympic season;
  • than the current Italian Grand Prix is better than the final of the series, which also took place in Turin;
  • do they agree with the statements of experts who believe that the Russian couple was sued;
  • what Sasha thinks about the scandal involving Russian judge Alexander Vedenin and French gay skater Guillaume Cizeron;
  • whether the duo will remain in the sport after the Olympic season;
  • what do guys think about fan support.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Anybody watch THE CUTTING EDGE? Of course you have :)

When I see this team's name: Alexandra Stepanov and Ivan Bukin reminds me of Smilkov and Brushkin.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Anybody watch THE CUTTING EDGE? Of course you have :)

When I see this team's name: Alexandra Stepanov and Ivan Bukin reminds me of Smilkov and Brushkin.
StepanovA
SmilkovA

Russian women usually add A to their last name. The only exceptions I have seen are Liza Kulik, Diana Davis and Mirozov's daughter. All three were born in the USA. There could be others though, and born in either Russia or Ukraine, with names ending in O. The Slavic names and those ending 'in' do add A.
Examples - Boikova, Moskvina.

Last edited:

love_skate2011

Banned Member
With Usacheva withdrawing this opens 2 door for non russian in GPF notably by Kaori or You.

anyways I dont think she would have made an impact in the GPF medal running, she has no Ultra C
Bad timing for her though, she will be punished by nationals and will probably score lower than Kostornaya.

Usacheva will be of No use by next season and can be comfortably dumped
for Petrosyan, Muravyeva and Samodelkina
. In other words her one season breakout wonder was a Flop.
Stepsister2 says get a 4T.

Does UK, Azerbaijan, Krgystan, Tukrmenistan, Canada, Lithuania still looking for women skater ?

Last edited:

Marco

With Usacheva withdrawing this opens 2 door for non russian in GPF notably by Kaori or You.

anyways I dont think she would have made an impact in the GPF medal running, she has no Ultra C
Bad timing for her though, she will be punished by nationals and will probably score lower than Kostornaya.

Does UK, Azerbaijan, Krgystan, Tukrmenistan, Canada, Lithuania still looking for women skater ?
Maybe not PUNISHED since it wasn't her fault to be injured like that, but I get what you mean. She was always just an outside shot for the Team anyways.

I do enjoy her skating but maybe it is better for her body that she doesn't force herself to do ultra Cs.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Maybe not PUNISHED since it wasn't her fault to be injured like that, but I get what you mean. She was always just an outside shot for the Team anyways.

I do enjoy her skating but maybe it is better for her body that she doesn't force herself to do ultra Cs.
an even more underwhelming for her is that we wont see her ever again, I mean it.
Petrosyan, Samodelkina and Muravyeva are turning senior next season and they have Ultra Cs.

This again confirms the curse: No skater shall ever be successful with names: Daria, Diana or Polina.

zoe111

an even more underwhelming for her is that we wont see her ever again, I mean it.
Petrosyan, Samodelkina and Muravyeva are turning senior next season and they have Ultra Cs.

This again confirms the curse: No skater shall ever be successful with names: Daria, Diana or Polina.
this is the wrong thread for this conversation i think - and given you've already posted your general negativity on the other thread, perhaps we can keep this one for the other Russian skaters besides women

Scott512

Russian transfer rules state you have to not skate internationally for 2 years to be able to transfer. Dasha does not fit into that and neither do a lot of the ladies. But any of the girls who have not skated internationally for 2 years can proceed with the transfer process from what I know.

Russia seems to be off to a scratchy start this Olympic season with their 4 disciplines. There are injuries there is the worry about viruses and there's just a general stress for an Olympic season.

Why did Dasha pull out of her next event and does Liza have the virus again?

Those 3 junior girls you mentioned are good but they're not at Dasha's level of skating. Dasha almost never falls while the junior girls fall regularly. But I really like Samodelkina. I think she has a lot of potential but her routines are very difficult and that's the main reason she falls often. Those ultra si jumps are hard to pull off.
I think we're starting to see a lot of girls who have done those ultra jumps for years are paying the price for it.

It looked like Russia would get all 6 spots for the Grand Prix but but now they may end up with only 4.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Yeah, if you want to see consistency, I suggest you watch M/G's Finlandia SP from about 5 weeks ago.
Also their performance at the 2021 nationals, where they finished 4th (they went on to win the WC after that). Most skaters have ups and downs (exceptions, as usual).

love_skate2011

Banned Member
M/G solidify as russian No.1s the rest T/M , B/K and P/K are on par imo.

Galliamov could be russia's greatest male pair skater since Grinkov.
He also has good posture, tall, beautiful lines, strong, attractive, stable big jumper and expressive.

any of the other three can make the remaining Olympic spots.

Boikova must be frustrated her vodoo against M/G arent working, I am very sure B/K will leave Moskvina after Beijing 2022.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
There will be all sorts of moves after the Olympics, considering that Moskvina wants to retire.
she might become a consultant still especially for M/G. Who else could be there for Boikova / Kozlovsky?

Moskvina's apprentcie Minchuk is there, then the innovative-acrobatic team of Dobroskokov/Rosliakov, Trankov, Sliusarenko, Mozer
and Tutberidze's rookie entry.

The Velikovs are just a No No for seniors, are Vasiliev and Dimitriev still coaching ?

hanca

Values her privacy
she might become a consultant still especially for M/G. Who else could be there for Boikova / Kozlovsky?

If they really wanted to leave, there are so many choices… I would probably try the Perm school. Or, if Tutberidze will go ahead and open her pair school, why not try that. There will be four years till the next Olympics, so it is a good time to experiment with various coaching situations.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Can you explain what you mean by voodoo against M/G? Sorry to have to ask, but I am curious.
M/G and B/K are no longer in good terms, since M/G also moved to Moskvina
there is tension , also add to that Kozlovsky especially Boikova have difficult peronalities like Kostornaya.

hence the voodoo reference for Mishina based on Boikovas snarky and diva attitude.

If B/K Dont win gold in France , I just realised they wont make the GPF and will increase the chances of P/K of making the Olympics.

M/G > T/M - B/K - P/K ( All later three have equal chnaces, not consistent)

Karen-W

M/G and B/K are no longer in good terms, since M/G also moved to Moskvina
there is tension , also add to that Kozlovsky especially Boikova have difficult peronalities like Kostornaya.

hence the voodoo reference for Mishina based on Boikovas snarky and diva attitude.

If B/K Dont win gold in France , I just realised they wont make the GPF and will increase the chances of P/K of making the Olympics.

M/G > T/M - B/K - P/K ( All later three have equal chnaces, not consistent)
If they finish 2nd at IdF then they will be tied with Miura/Kihara on points and highest placement for the last GPF spot (assuming P/K also manage at least 2nd at RC). In that case it will go to the 3rd tiebreaker, which is total score at both events. They could still qualify but I'd say their chances of doing so are pretty remote given the points M/K racked up this weekend. If P/K finish 3rd then there will be a 3-way tie for the last 3 spots and it will, again, come down to the 3rd tiebreaker between all 3 teams. In that scenario, I'm pretty sure BoiKoz will get the 6th GPF spot because their score from SkAm is a good 10 points higher than PavKho's SCI score. And PavKho are, in no way, a sure bet for 2nd at RC - LuMit scored 190+ this weekend at NHK compared to PavKho's 193+ at SCI.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
If they finish 2nd at IdF then they will be tied with Miura/Kihara on points and highest placement for the last GPF spot (assuming P/K also manage at least 2nd at RC). In that case it will go to the 3rd tiebreaker, which is total score at both events. They could still qualify but I'd say their chances of doing so are pretty remote given the points M/K racked up this weekend. If P/K finish 3rd then there will be a 3-way tie for the last 3 spots and it will, again, come down to the 3rd tiebreaker between all 3 teams. In that scenario, I'm pretty sure BoiKoz will get the 6th GPF spot because their score from SkAm is a good 10 points higher than PavKho's SCI score. And PavKho are, in no way, a sure bet for 2nd at RC - LuMit scored 190+ this weekend at NHK compared to PavKho's 193+ at SCI.
P/K had the worst skate in their senior career having mistakes in both SP and FS, they had almost a month to rectify from their first outing and the Rostelecom is a weak event with only M/G. B/K need a convincing win coz they dont want to be in another skate off for Euros and even Olympics between P/K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information