From Russia With Love [#37]: Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natanielle825

Didn't she already take a kid away from someone else? Or is that just a rumor? Cuz then this baby could be from anywhere.

lala

What Yana says in public is not necessary the truth... ;). Few women carry on their own @ 45, especially when having previous issues.

Yana started her own reality show called "YanaSuper". It ran a few times and then died.
Here is one episode.
Here is a press release

Just because you don't remember or don't know does not mean it did not happen.... :D

I knew but it that was 10 months ago ;)

If I right remember Tessa/Scott also had reality show..And Plushenko had 12-13 years ago..Live c Plushenko on MTV Russia.

Last edited:

lala

Of course not. But it does give them a back up option to raise a skating champion, in case Gnomich decides that he wants to quit. I mean, soon Pluschenko will be nearly Zhang’s age, and he may have to accept that no amount of surgery and spare parts inserted into his body will allow him to save men discipline of Russian figure skating. At the moment there is only poor Gnomich to get the olympic medals. What if he gets injured? Or even worse, what if he realises that he doesn’t want this?

Sasha is not poor. He is a happy and charming boy, according to those who are working with him he adores the skating he likes to training. He had chance to make another sport, Plushenko wanted to that the most. He would like to Sasha be soccer player and hockey player. If anybody followed what he was doing what he said in the inetrview few years back knows it. Sasha loves the skating and probably he was happy because he could have been with his adored father all day long. He could travel with him and he could skate with him. But I'm sure the people will repeat that stupidity Sasha had no chance he was forced to skate because the people like to criticize...

Ka3sha

Her two oldest sons are her stepsons from her first marriage that she took custody of. I forgot what happened to their parents, maybe @lala knows.
I can’t be sure, but as far as I remember one of them is her biological son and the eldest one is her stepson (whom she is rumored to ‘had stolen’)

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Why? If someone struggles to conceive... Why placing children for adoption should be considered ok and carrying a baby for someone is not ok?

Because nobody is so special they need to replicate themselves. Same reason I disagree with any form of IVF. Just get over it if you can’t conceive, you ain’t special, we don’t need your offspring. There’s a reason for it and OMG .. 5 kids now? Foul.

hanca

Values her privacy
Because nobody is so special they need to replicate themselves. Same reason I disagree with any form of IVF. Just get over it if you can’t conceive, you ain’t special, we don’t need your offspring. There’s a reason for it and OMG .. 5 kids now? Foul.
As long as someone loves the kid and looks after it properly, gives it as best life as they can, I am quite comfortable with whichever way the child got into their life. There are birth parents who neglect or abuse kids, so why those birth parents having kids is ok, but having adopted child or child born with IVF should not be ok? Or child born to surrogate mother? I can see what you mean about someone being too entitled and thinking that they have ‘right’ to have kids, but as long as they love the kids and can meet all their needs (and I mean not only material needs, but also emotional needs), it is fine for me.

ETA: just curious, if you are against IVF, surrogacy and adoption, then what options same sex couples would have to have children?

hanca

Values her privacy
I’m not against adopting at all.
I see. Sorry.

What’s the difference of getting child through adoption and through surrogacy? I mean, obviously I know what adoption and surrogacy is, but what is it that you object with surrogacy and don’t mind with adoption?

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I see. Sorry.

What’s the difference of getting child through adoption and through surrogacy? I mean, obviously I know what adoption and surrogacy is, but what is it that you object with surrogacy and don’t mind with adoption?

i can’t be bothered to explain it if you can’t work it out. One word, OVERPOPULATION to simplify it though.

Sylvia

TBD
Does anyone know if the junior pair team of Anna Shcheglova & Ilia Kalashnikov are still skating together?
I think I read a few months ago that they split, but I don't have a source for that.
They split up soon after their JGP last season. I haven’t heard of either of them with a new partner, which is quite surprising. They were not brilliant, but they were not that bad either. There were much worse junior pairs around than them. I would have expected someone grabbing him - why waste male partners if there is not enough of them generally?
Thanks!

I was trying to figure out the candidates for the Rostelecom Cup pairs TBA.

Yasmina Kadyrova/Ivan Balchenko performed at the Senior test skates.
Kseniia Akhanteva/Valerii Kolesov (#1 9 on the ISU SB list; placed 2nd at Cup of Russia #1 & are still ISU Junior eligible)
Iuliia Artemeva/Mikhail Nazarychev (#25 SB; won Cup of Russia #1 & are still ISU Junior eligible)
Anastasia Balalbanova/Alexey Svyatchenko (3rd at CoR #1)
Karina Akopova/Nikita Rakhmanin (new team; 4th at CoR #1)
Diana Mukhametzianova/Ilya Mironov (#20 SB; not at the test skates; still ISU Junior eligible)

Last edited:

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
If I learned anything in life, it's not to judge other women for their child-related decisions (as long as no one is harmed).

One of my good friends and her husband struggled with infertility for years. They were finally able to have their only child via IVF. I can’t imagine ever telling her to get over it during those years anymore than I can imagine this world without their sweet, smart, funny child, who is now 7, in it.

hanca

Values her privacy
Thanks!

I was trying to figure out the candidates for the Rostelecom Cup pairs TBA.

Yasmina Kadyrova/Ivan Balchenko performed at the Senior test skates.
Kseniia Akhanteva/Valerii Kolesov (#1 9 on the ISU SB list; placed 2nd at Cup of Russia #1 & are still ISU Junior eligible)
Iuliia Artemeva/Mikhail Nazarychev (#25 SB; won Cup of Russia #1 & are still ISU Junior eligible)
Anastasia Balalbanova/Alexey Svyatchenko (3rd at CoR #1)
Karina Akopova/Nikita Rakhmanin (new team; 4th at CoR #1)
Diana Mukhametzianova/Ilya Mironov (#20 SB; not at the test skates; still ISU Junior eligible)
There are a few newly created senior Russian pairs. I have no idea how good or not good they are, but some of them could be potentially decent.

Alina Solovieva/Elisei Ivanov - they were at St Peters test skates and scored pretty well for a new pair.
Victoria Vasilieva/Nikita Volodin - not likely to go to the GP, she is new to pairs
Veronika Varentsova/ Dmitri Bushlanov – will they skate for Belarus?
Maria Pavlova/Ilia Spiridinov - they will compete in a week in Moser’s competition, so we will see how good they are.
Valeria Ponosova/ Dmitri Yalin – They probably split up already because she is again on Russian ice partner search
Lina Kudriavtseva /Roman Zaporozhets - they will compete in a week in Moser’s competition, so we will see how good they are.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
According to the Sports Illustrated article last year, Alysa Liu was born via a different, anonymous egg donor/surrogate than her 4 younger siblings, and they have another legal guardian who is a Chinese woman named Mary (previously married to Alysa's dad when the kids were born) with whom they still maintain a relationship.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

You're condemning something that is extremely common at this stage.

While fertility treatments can encompass a variety of procedures, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) refers to the subset of fertility treatments that involve handling embryos or eggs in a lab – including IVF – as “assisted reproductive technology” (ART). Since 1996, more than 1 million U.S. babies have been born as a result of these techniques, according to Pew Research Center estimates based on CDC data collected from fertility clinics. In 2016, the most recent year for which national totals are available, more than 75,000 babies were conceived using ART.

For couples who want to have children but have trouble conceiving, fertility treatment in most cases is going to be an easier and often less costly route to parenthood than adoption. So why is adoption okay but IVF and surrogacy not okay? And as to other arguments that have been made here, why is surrogacy a more exploitative option of becoming a parent than adoption? (At least surrogate mothers get paid.)

ETA: Sorry but this is a bit close to home. As the above article notes, Massachusetts has a higher rate of IVF than any other state, because it's covered by insurance here. I've met quite a number of people who have had kids with IVF, it's spoken of very openly here. Their children are lovely and deserve to exist, that's all I can say.

Tinami Amori

One of my good friends and her husband struggled with infertility for years.
In that case surrogate mother is this family's only option (or adoption). It is different than when a couple has many children, from previous marriages and! one of their own, and just can't come down and enjoy what they have already. It's arrogant, and in case of Plushenko/Rudkovskaya is probably/maybe partially done for publicity/sensation or an image this couple wants to create.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

hanca

Values her privacy
In that case surrogate mother is this family's only option (or adoption). It is different than when a couple has many children, from previous marriages and! one of their own, and just can't come down and enjoy what they have already. It's arrogant, and in case of Plushenko/Rudkovskaya is probably/maybe partially done for publicity or sensation.
Why is it different? Who are you to be telling people how many children they should have? As long as the parents can provide for them, love them and as long as they can meet their physical and emotional needs, they can have as many children as they want to. In this culture it is more common 1-3, 4 are already quite unusual and any more than that is quite rare, but why should that be wrong? In some cultures having large families is quite common. So is our culture the one that is right and the other cultures are all wrong? (Sorry, but that sounds a bit ridiculous!)

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Ekaterina Kurakova, who skates for Poland, but still has Russian citizenship (dual citizenship), performed her SP and FS @ Soly Cup Competition.

I know she missed skating time due to the pandemic, but so did anyone else. somehow I expected her to be better.

Tinami Amori

Why is it different? Who are you to be telling people how many children they should have?
I am not telling how many kids to have, i am only writing what i think about it.... There is NO call for action...;).

I used to defend Yana some years ago, from jealous outbursts from people, and especially when she was a subject of anti-Semitic remarks, but year after year she is becoming a bigger and bigger ham and a show-off, to a point of being annoying. The more money she makes the more loud and gaudy she becomes. It should be other way around, the more money you make, the less you need to worry about others' opinion and trying to impress. Yana is reaching a point of grotesque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information