From Russia With Love [#37]: Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiquitaBanana

Osgood-Schlatters is just a medical term for overtraining, innit? I'm glad his team are taking it seriously and trying to keep him in check!
Might be but not necessarily... Rapid growth spurts, weakened bone plate (hereditary). Of course jumping sports such as figure skating are a risk factor. This condition needs proper rest and just the right amount of training in order to keep it under control. It is not a long-term impairment as it resolves usually with age.

DobrinFan

European champion Aliyev intends to perform at the stage of the Russian Cup in Sochi
"Now it's too early to talk about his full recovery, until we see his whole skates, it's too early, we are working out the programs in small pieces. We are preparing for the third stage in Sochi, for us this tournament is in force. We will start skating the whole programs next week, then everything will be more or less clear, "Rukavitsyn said.

In the pre-Olympic season, the athlete returned to his Olympic short program "Masquerade", with which he finished fifth at the 2018 Pyeongchang Games before the free program. “It seems to me that Dima, skating Masquerade, is a little inspired. Of course, now it is psychologically difficult for him - he really wants to return to full-fledged work as soon as possible, but due to health problems he still has serious restrictions on training , and this, of course, is very annoying. You just need to wait a little ", - said the coach.

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Who are likely to be the ladies TBA spots for Rostelecom? Frolova, Usacheva, Khromykh, and Valieva are too young. Shulskaya maybe too young also? Not sure of the status of Gubanova, Tarakanova, Tsibinova, or Sinitsyna. We should see Konstantinova at Russia Cup stage 2. Talalykina did pretty well to score 118 at her Russia Cup event.

For men, Kovalev scored 144 in his FS at Russia Cup, so far I think he should be the leader for that if the spot goes to a Russian.

Tinami Amori

I suspect Plushenko is just trying to sound cool but who knows in 2020? Why on earth would Rika be going there? He is a completely untested coach currently training her two biggest competitors. Sasha wanted to learn quads from someone who could do quads. Fine. Alena's move was confusing, but maybe convenient for a Russian girl trying to switch quickly. Jury's out on whether Plushenko will be able to do anything for her. Rika's move would be baffling. No one knows if he can actually teach quads or take a skater to the top, it would be a big gamble.
Pluschenko's wife, Yana Rudkovskaya sees the couple's financial future, overall, in publicity and turning their lives into a reality show. She already had a TV reality show about their family few years ago, but it did not last too long. Now she is making the family's everyday life a reality show, including their son Alexandre and all others.

Last night they had another son, from a surrogate mother. Yana did not want to carry at her age.

I have no doubt that Pluschenko contacted Rika by social media or email with a proposal "come to our rink, etc.", just like he did with everyone else. Rika, probably in good Japanese tradition, replied "thank you, i will think about it". In Japan (from personal experience) people rarely say "no" bluntly. In many cases one is more likely to say "it will be difficult" or "i have to think about it" or something similar that is other than "no" but does not mean "yes". Well, silly Pluschenko probably thinks "she is thinking about and considering it" ... :)

Tinami Amori

Osgood-Schlatters is just a medical term for overtraining, innit? I'm glad his team are taking it seriously and trying to keep him in check!
Osgood-Schlatter disease can present with a painful lump below the kneecap during childhood and adolescence, when puberty begins. Osgood-Schlatter disease occurs most often in children who are involved in sports, especially in sports such as running, jumping, or sports that require rapid changes in movement trajectories such as football, basketball, figure skating and gymnastics.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
teenage boy + growing + athletic training = OGSD. Girls get a little lucky with this one.

hanca

Values her privacy
teenage boy + growing + athletic training = OGSD. Girls get a little lucky with this one.
Not always. I had it. I couldn’t knee at all because it was too painful. The internet says it would go away after a few months but it didn’t go away for over a year; eventually the doctors fixed it with a surgery.

lala

Pluschenko's wife, Yana Rudkovskaya sees the couple's financial future, overall, in publicity and turning their lives into a reality show. She already had a TV reality show about their family few years ago, but it did not last too long. Now she is making the family's everyday life a reality show, including their son Alexandre and all others.

Last night they had another son, from a surrogate mother. Yana did not want to carry at her age.

LOL. Again. You would be a great story teller. Yana said not once : tried for a long time to bear the baby on her own. But it didn't work out. - Probably you read it. Now she is 45 years old, and she decided to use the services of a surrogate mother because Plushy wants more! He wanted 5! Especially a baby girl! But a boy was born again ;)

I don't remember the reality show few years ago...do you???

That is Yana's job, like her or not but she is succesful in it. And the reverse is also true today according to a journalist: "Every news feed are trying to turn into profit with Plushenko and his wife ."

Yeah, maybe she is annoying but I recommend to those who condemn her, do it afterwards!

“I get a kick out of making money and spending it great. I don’t know whom you are helping and if you are helping, but I can provide a list of foundations that I support. As for my beautiful breakfasts on Instagram, I see that a lot of people like this column. People stopped eating from pans and started setting the table. Maybe more modest, but beautiful. After all, it is not necessary to eat with expensive dishes, the main thing is that the table is beautifully and tastefully laid. I did not "squeeze" this money, I did not steal it from the state. I earned them myself. "
“I make money from luxury brands. This is not my main income, but still a small increase in my pension. If I didn't have a suite on Instagram, I certainly wouldn't be in the top ten with Sobchak right now. I earn 1 million dollars a year only on Instagram. "

Sasha Plushenko is a happy and charming boy who just won his first competition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnTCVvm4nkA

Rozanov:
"With a sunny boy😇

The charm and wit of this talented boy at a very high level🔥
Sasha we are have a lot of work to do, and I am sure the result won’t take long💪🏻

Thank you @plushenkoofficial and @rudkovskayaofficial for your trust!"

the elder guys https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Ywu4InfRM/ both of them are students of univesity ( MGIMO University- Moscow State Institute of International Relations ) they learned English-speaking high school.

So what is your problem Tinami?

Last edited:

barbarafan

LOL. Again. You would be a great story teller. Yana said not once : tried for a long time to bear the baby on her own. But it didn't work out. - Probably you read it. Now she is 45 years old, and she decided to use the services of a surrogate mother because Plushy wants more! He wanted 5! Especially a baby girl! But a boy was born again ;)

That is Yana's job, like her or not but she is succesful in it. And the reverse is also true today according to a journalist: "Every news feed are trying to turn into profit with Plushenko and his wife ."

Yeah, maybe she is annoying but I recommend to those who condemn her, do it afterwards!

“I get a kick out of making money and spending it great. I don’t know whom you are helping and if you are helping, but I can provide a list of foundations that I support. As for my beautiful breakfasts on Instagram, I see that a lot of people like this column. People stopped eating from pans and started setting the table. Maybe more modest, but beautiful. After all, it is not necessary to eat with expensive dishes, the main thing is that the table is beautifully and tastefully laid. I did not "squeeze" this money, I did not steal it from the state. I earned them myself. "
“I make money from luxury brands. This is not my main income, but still a small increase in my pension. If I didn't have a suite on Instagram, I certainly wouldn't be in the top ten with Sobchak right now. I earn 1 million dollars a year only on Instagram. "

Sasha Plushenko is a happy and charming boy who just won his first competition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnTCVvm4nkA

Rozanov:
"With a sunny boy😇

The charm and wit of this talented boy at a very high level🔥
Sasha we are have a lot of work to do, and I am sure the result won’t take long💪🏻

Thank you @plushenkoofficial and @rudkovskayaofficial for your trust!"

the elder guys https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Ywu4InfRM/ both of them are students of univesity ( MGIMO University- Moscow State Institute of International Relations ) they learned English-speaking high school.

So what is your problem Tinami?
Every baby is a miracle. love to the whole family. Enjoy this precious bundle.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Congratulations to the Plushenkos. On a different note: I looked at Yana's instagram for the first time, and it made me nauseous. Nouveau riche is the nicest way I can put it. Yuk.

She has 3.8 million followers. Nothing out of the ordinary to see for those with accounts that visible, or even those living in big cities wishing they had such lives :confused:

lala

She has 3.8 million followers. Nothing out of the ordinary to see for those with accounts that visible, or even those living in big cities wishing they had such lives :confused:

Rudkovskaya is a workaholic. Her job is not just to be influencer on IG. She goes to work morning and goes home at evening. This is what her haters forget.... I'm not fan but I have learned to respect her.

twizzletoes76

Tony Wheeler: not all of us want the lives of the “nouveau riche.” If I had a sh*tload of money, I would probably buy investment art and give to wildlife conservation funds. Sure, I might buy some nice clothes, too—but, I can gladly live without the labels. People who really understand value and have taste don’t need labels on everything—or, near everything—they buy.

Yana is also suspect in every way. She is a self-made “skating impressario” of sorts. She is indeed turning her family’s life into a reality show—and, the new baby through a surrogate just seems weird to me. I didn’t read whatever interview she made where she discussed it—but, women at 45 (if she is indeed 45) can easily have kids using donor eggs. Obviously, I don’t know her exact medical issues—but usually for women over 43, the main issue for conceiving kids is egg quality not other stuff. So, most likely, if Yana and Plushenko now have a new kid through a surrogate, then it’s safe to assume that either, one, Yana froze her eggs at a younger age or, two, that Yana used not only a surrogate but also eggs from a donor—which would mean that biologically she has no connection to the child.

Now, I’m not knocking Yana for choosing to conceive through alternate means like that at all—so please don’t read me wrong: but what is weird to me is that she makes her life a show through her Instagram page and then out of nowhere: appears with a baby! Most women who would have documented their lives to that extent would have discussed the journey in some ways, too.

Anyways, it just seems to me, too, that Yana also really likes how she looks and perhaps may have not even wanted to carry a baby to term because she feared altering her body. That part is, of course, an assumption—but I just can’t help feeling a little uncomfortable with the idea of surrogacy—because I assume a woman carrying a child must do a lot of bonding with an infant while doing so and then to be separated from it—well, that just seems to me like it would be hard. Donor eggs, I can understand for women who want to conceive at later ages—and have tried everything else—but surrogacy to me sounds like it could create a lot of complicated ethical issues—and, if a woman chooses it for medical reasons—that’s one thing, but for possible cosmetic concerns—that’s another.

Last edited:
Reactions: ana

clairecloutier

Yana is also suspect in every way. She is a self-made “skating impressario” of sorts. She is indeed turning her family’s life into a reality show—and, the new baby through a surrogate just seems weird to me. I didn’t read whatever interview she made where she discussed it—but, women at 45 (if she is indeed 45) can easily have kids using donor eggs.

A bit off topic here, but this is not accurate. Any pregnancy at 40 and above is basically a higher-risk pregnancy. Even if the baby is genetically fine, the risk of miscarriage is still higher. See this article for mention of miscarriage rates by age.

I just can’t help feeling a little uncomfortable with the idea of surrogacy—because I assume a woman carrying a child must do a lot of bonding with an infant while doing so and then to be separated from it—well, that just seems to me like it would be hard.

Making generalized assumptions about how women feel during pregnancy is risky. Every mother is different, every pregnancy is different, and plus, gestational surrogates (i.e., surrogate mothers) start their pregnancies with the expectation of giving the baby to the adoptive parents after birth. https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/18/10/2196/622680

lala

Yana is also suspect in every way. She is a self-made “skating impressario” of sorts. She is indeed turning her family’s life into a reality show—and, the new baby through a surrogate just seems weird to me. I didn’t read whatever interview she made where she discussed it—but, women at 45 (if she is indeed 45) can easily have kids using donor eggs. Obviously, I don’t know her exact medical issues—but usually for women over 43, the main issue for conceiving kids is egg quality not other stuff. So, most likely, if Yana and Plushenko now have a new kid through a surrogate, then it’s safe to assume that either, one, Yana froze her eggs at a younger age or, two, that Yana used not only a surrogate but also eggs from a donor—which would mean that biologically she has no connection to the child.

I read it in some of their interviews they wanted baby but it wasn't succesful. Plus I remember she was pregnant but had a miscarriage some years ago.

barbarafan

A bit off topic here, but this is not accurate. Any pregnancy at 40 and above is basically a higher-risk pregnancy. Even if the baby is genetically fine, the risk of miscarriage is still higher. See this article for mention of miscarriage rates by age.

Making generalized assumptions about how women feel during pregnancy is risky. Every mother is different, every pregnancy is different, and plus, gestational surrogates (i.e., surrogate mothers) start their pregnancies with the expectation of giving the baby to the adoptive parents after birth. https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/18/10/2196/622680
Thank-you for bringing this up. I wanted to say something but am not a fertility doctor or staff from a fertility clinic. so not sure if I could properly explain.The implantation procedure of eggs is not always whoop de do. The woman gets plugged full of hormones prior to implantation & a good portion get deathly ill from this....too ill to carry the baby sucessfully so it ends up with a miscarriage. Sometimes the woman carries the implanted baby for quite a while & it just stops being alive and there has to be a forced miscarriage. There could have been several tries which ended with heartbreak which could have prompted the decision and it really is a very private matter not one they would be chattering about. I am so glad they were able to get their baby finally.

Tinami Amori

What Yana says in public is not necessary the truth... ;). Few women carry on their own @ 45, especially when having previous issues.

Yana started her own reality show called "YanaSuper". It ran a few times and then died.
Here is one episode.
Here is a press release

Just because you don't remember or don't know does not mean it did not happen.... :D

hanca

Values her privacy
Of course not. But it does give them a back up option to raise a skating champion, in case Gnomich decides that he wants to quit. I mean, soon Pluschenko will be nearly Zhang’s age, and he may have to accept that no amount of surgery and spare parts inserted into his body will allow him to save men discipline of Russian figure skating. At the moment there is only poor Gnomich to get the olympic medals. What if he gets injured? Or even worse, what if he realises that he doesn’t want this?

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Yana started her own reality show called "YanaSuper". It ran a few times and then died.
Here is one episode.
Here is a press release

Just because you don't remember or don't know does not mean it did not happen.... :D
"Yana Super" debuted at the end of last year, I watched the entire first season and it was like an accident...you don't wanna watch, but you do. I felt a lot of "Fremdscham" (German word for the feeling you get when you watch someone and are ashamed for that person) and my forehead must've been red for all the facepalms.

They announced a second season back then and I wonder whether it will be released with the 'rona and stuff.

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Who are likely to be the ladies TBA spots for Rostelecom? Frolova, Usacheva, Khromykh, and Valieva are too young. Shulskaya maybe too young also? Not sure of the status of Gubanova, Tarakanova, Tsibinova, or Sinitsyna. We should see Konstantinova at Russia Cup stage 2. Talalykina did pretty well to score 118 at her Russia Cup event.

The only correct answer is:
Konstantinova
Talalaikina
Leonova*

*Assuming she hasn't silently retired, that is. Gubanova and Sinitsyna are acceptable alternates.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Does anyone know if the junior pair team of Anna Shcheglova & Ilia Kalashnikov are still skating together?
They split up soon after their JGP last season. I haven’t heard of either of them with a new partner, which is quite surprising. They were not brilliant, but they were not that bad either. There were much worse junior pairs around than them. I would have expected someone grabbing him - why waste male partners if there is not enough of them generally?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information