From Russia With Love (#36) Spring into Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
She can but as there are only 6 men and 6 ladies on the main team, if she is added, one of the 6 ladies on the main team will need to be removed. There is funding only for 12 singles on the main team.
I don't remember how many the fed supports but usually there is only 6 ladies for the main team. Last year there was 7 because the men under-performed and the ladies were given one of their spots. This year, there should be 6 guys on the main team.
So Aliev, Danielian, Samarin, Ignatov, Mozalev and?

Fairuza

Are you trying to start a riot :D , or is this news based on something?

(And did she give Eteri flowers? ;))

CaliSteve

Send her back to Russia!': Japanese fans want skate star Medvedeva KICKED OUT of country after accusing her of flouting lockdown (english version)

There are more details in russian publications, these google-translate fairly well. Some japanese fans sent messages to the Russian Embassy, asking to place Medvedeva on one of their "rescue of the citizents flight" which Russia has arranged with Aeroflot (these are weekly charter flights). It is true, there are periodic flights ex Tokyo to Moscow because there were many Russians in Japan at the time of the closing of boarders announcement. Medvedeva did not take any of these flights after she learned the show is cancelled and moved to June 2021, a year ahead, she has no business to stay in Japan. But instead she chose to stay for personal advancement, to practice and to gain unfair advantage over other skaters, including japanese ladies. People are noting it. Especially since the region she travelled to has very hight senior citizen population (subjected to xxxxx) and the region's officials issued a request for foreign tourists and others NOT to come to their territories. There is also a mention that: Japanese show organizers did NOT invite Medvedeva to come to Japan, especially since it was quite obvious that the show will be cancelled (although not official at the time), that all of this was on her own initiative. Some Russians are questioning "who is paying for all this, Medvedeva or the Federation. (this is a summary from several articles. and there is some more in them.)

MK-RU

News.ru

Life.ru

#Medvedeva fans abroad should invite her team; her&her mother, to their country. She is not welcome inJapan in a state of emergency.We canât stand troublesome person anymore.
She said she was here for the show, but the show was already postponed for a year. No need to stay here
— cerezo (@cerezo70350516) April 29, 2020

えっちゃん
@etsuko666
@RusEmbassyJ
あなたの国のエフゲニア・メドベージェワ選手は入国拒否前に滑り込み入国しました。
今年6月に予定していたアイスショー「セーラームーンPrism On Ice」の為の来日と聞いていましたが東京オリンピックの延期、フィギュア世界選手権の中止からアイスショーの中止・延期も予想出来たはず。
07:34 - 27 апр. 2020 г.

This is not going in a right direction, especially since there was an insident where during a show in Japan the earthquacke happened, and Medvedeva said "it's simply because i just skated"....

Maybe Med is in Japan to be with her BF.

Last edited:

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
New interview with Zhulin, the source is questionable but interview itself is okey (but mostly about his personal life).
Together with Sinitsina/Katalapov they decided to keep their RD to 'Singing in the Rain', but plan to have a new free dance. However, it's hard to be 100% sure since no one knows when the rinks will be opened and they can go back to training.
Are they keeping the lucky turtleneck? :p

rfisher

Let the skating begin
New interview with Zhulin, the source is questionable but interview itself is okey (but mostly about his personal life).
Together with Sinitsina/Katalapov they decided to keep their RD to 'Singing in the Rain', but plan to have a new free dance. However, it's hard to be 100% sure since no one knows when the rinks will be opened and they can go back to training.
We can only hope Nikita's tailor can do something about his jacket.

mjb52

Beyond being heartbroken that they didn't get a world title for normal reasons (I know in Montreal, with the rumored judging panel that was unlikely) I am sad I didn't get the chance to make all the jokes I was saving up about the turtleneck of victory just in case.

Tinami Amori

Maybe Med is in Japan to be with her BF.
don't start trouble for Med where she does not deserve it, she has plenty of other issues that deserve a spank.

===

Just FYI - Pluschenko and Rudkovskaya are planning to take legal action against on of the popular publications StarHit who stated (not just assumed) that their son Gnom Gnomych has psychological deficiencies and Asperger syndrome. The article is not at all complimentary about the family to say the list (original article is in russian).

Most coaches and FS celebrities regardless of relationship with Plusch, agree with the family.

StarHit publication stated "it is not insulting to use a medicine acceptable term (not an insult) such as Asperger syndrome".

Spun Silver

Is Gnom Gnomych his real name?? and does it mean the same thing as English language gnome? (I hope not but while he's still so small it makes a little sense as a good-humored joke. Not so good-humored as a name for a young man, though -- if it does mean "gnome" in English.)

Rina RUS

Is Gnom Gnomych his real name?? and does it mean the same thing as English language gnome? (I hope not but while he's still so small it makes a little sense as a good-humored joke. Not so good-humored as a name for a young man, though -- if it does mean "gnome" in English.)

?? :) His name is Alexander.
Alexander Evgenievich.
He was called Gnom Gnomych in his family - just because he was a baby. Many families call their babies "little one" or have some other names.
Yes, Gnom Gnomych means "Gnome, the son of Gnome", but it has nothing to do with his height. I even don't think he is small. Is he?
In short, it just so happened that everyone knows this second name.

When he was a baby, he looked like a gnome, because he had... such a cap? such a hood? What would you call it?

Last edited:

lala

don't start trouble for Med where she does not deserve it, she has plenty of other issues that deserve a spank.

===

Just FYI - Pluschenko and Rudkovskaya are planning to take legal action against on of the popular publications StarHit who stated (not just assumed) that their son Gnom Gnomych has psychological deficiencies and Asperger syndrome. The article is not at all complimentary about the family to say the list (original article is in russian).

Most coaches and FS celebrities regardless of relationship with Plusch, agree with the family.

StarHit publication stated "it is not insulting to use a medicine acceptable term (not an insult) such as Asperger syndrome".

of, corse. That is disgusting not only because that is not true but because no one has right to say anything what is violates the rights of privacy. You didn't show Plushenko's family opinion on it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_xSYQgI6AQ/ google translate

An IMPORTANT MOMENT that I want to write about .. If Sasha was a child with developmental disabilities (it doesn’t matter with what syndromes), our family would certainly not hide it! For a long time, I, Eugene and Dima @bilanofficial are ambassadors and volunteers of the Naked Heart Foundation @nakedheartfoundation of Natalia Vodianova @natasupernova! That’s what our joint story was about # silent! Eugene has a group of children with developmental disabilities, which trains on ice. Greta Tunberg today is the idol of millions, many famous people have children with special needs. There is nothing shameful about this.
But the fact remains why it was so cynical to raise this topic, why none of the Star Hit called me or Eugene, what a diagnosis it was in the media! Sasha, at the age of seven, can already read the news about himself, and even if he had some peculiarities, I would like him to learn about this from his relatives. And now he needs to talk to 100 children with whom he trains at my husband’s Academy! When you wrote, thought about the interests of this little boy, Sasha Plushenko, about the interests of a minor child? ⁉ ps I fully support the post and position of my husband Evgeny @plushenkoofficial. In addition, this article, despite the sms apology of the owners of the publication, continues to hang on their website for 2 days! Shame and dishonor

Rina RUS

Tomorrow is May 9th.
May 9th is The Victory Day
: the end of The Great Patriotic War (that part of the WW2 which took place on the Soviet lands).

Tatiana Tarasova has already started celebrating this important date.
Here she tells about a project she participates in. She reads some letters from the battlefields.
and another post
t.a.tarasova: Dear friends! Tomorrow we are going to celebrate a great date - The Victory Day! Today and tomorrow I'm going to post the photos of my relatives. The Immortal Regiment of Tarasovs family. This is Konstantin Iosifovich Feklisov. My mom's brother, my uncle. Was killed when he was 18 years old. He is buried in a collective grave in Mozdok.

As for me, I'm really happy that "The Cranes" song is translated now.
(I hope the translation sounds good for native speakers)
in Russian it sounds very beautiful

Last edited:

zebraswan

Obviously nobody can, or should, diagnose a child based on what they see on TV. But if his parents had not been exploiting him since day 1 and putting him to work in the public eye, nobody would be talking about him. I wouldn't put it past Yana to put these stories in the press herself - she's that desperate for publicity, good or bad. The Russian Kris Jenner. I would be so happy if I never heard about anyone named Plushenko or Rudkovskaya again. Blocking them on all SM didn't even help :drama: It would be best if everyone just stopped giving them any attention and perpetuating this non-story.

Rina RUS

Obviously nobody can, or should, diagnose a child based on what they see on TV. But if his parents had not been exploiting him since day 1 and putting him to work in the public eye, nobody would be talking about him.

Isn't it just as simple as "nobody can"? :)
Almost all the famous parents show their kids and speak about their kids (even though some parents don't do it often). Isn't that enough for such weird journalists? Weird journalists do so just because they think they may do so. If parents don't show their kid often, such a journalist can write: "we guess they don't show their kid because their kid is ill".

Last edited:

lala

Isn't it just as simple as "nobody can"? :)
Almost all the famous parents show their kids and speak about their kids (even though some parents don't do it often). Isn't that enough for such weird journalists? Weird journalists do so just because they think they may do so. If parents don't show their kid often, such a journalist can write: "we guess they don't show their kid because their kid is ill".

I agree. Yana and Plushenko's "fault " doesn't save the disgust of journalists. They want to make sensations what is the tabloid's goal. They are famous persons we didn't see their adopted son, Andrei many times but I read articles, guesses about his condition in the media. The people asked Yana on IG where is Andrei? Why don't you show him? etc...

Rina RUS

The Victory Day!
the end of The Great Patriotic War (that part of the WW2 which took place on the Soviet lands).

fire_bird (Tatiana Volosozhar) : Congratulations on The Victory Day! Today all our family wants to say we are immeasurably grateful to our veterans. We wish them good health and enough energy to outlive this new difficult situation.
Only thanks to our heroes we enjoy peaceful life and see peaceful skies. Those people overcame really difficult and scaring experience.
From our childhood we knew that May 9 is the very important day for all of us! We were taught to respect this high-day, the heroes of the war, the history.
We are pride for our great-grandpa Lazar Petrovich Salopenkov who fought in an artillery regiment. In February 1945 in Poland he was wounded in the leg and had to leave the battle front.
I also want Angelica to have the right attitude to the great Victory Day. Yesterday I was telling her about the war, about the veterans and about the Victory. I tried to find the words she could understand. After that Lica took a thought and replied she "understood a bit". Maybe it's only a small brick in her future knowledge, but I think we should talk with kids on this topic. We should not forget such things!
(the post has more than one picture)

"The Day of Victory" song
(you can see the text, if you press "SHOW MORE")

Last edited:

Rina RUS

victoria_sinitsina: Congratulations on the great Victory Day!!! We are grateful. Wish you peaceful sky above your heads!

ekaterinabobrova: Thank you.
#weremember #75years #GreatPatrioticWar
(on the video Ekaterina recites poetry)

azagitova: We do remember. We appreciate. We pride for you.
The name on the photo is Mirkasim Amirzagitovich Zagitov (1909-1982)

avtrusova: Congratulations on The Victory Day!
(on the video Alexandra recites poetry)

sofia_samodurova: Our dear veterans! I'm immeasurably grateful for your heroic deed for the sake of life and peace on the earth and congratulate You on the victory day with my whole heart. I wish you health, warmth and happiness!
(on the video Sofia sings "The Cranes" song - I posted it yesterday)

anna__shcherbakova_: The Immortal Regiment: my great-great-grandfather Nikita Petrovich Masalov. I'm pride for him and do remember!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information