Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

New interview with Elena Radionova

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
New interview with Elena Radionova

Good interview. Thanks for sharing.

I liked this quote:

No one will remember who and how jumped in which competition, but the programs will remain in memory.

Ka3sha

Elena also said that she choreographed free program for Buyanova's student - Elizaveta Osokina
Here's a video of Elizaveta from 2020 Junior Nationals

muffinplus

New interview with Shcherbakova

Trying to imagine a scenario in any world where that tiny waif would have needed to have dieted and worked to lose weight but there you go...

That's the only part they cared to quote from this interview for their "headline"?? Seriously? I listened it to yesterday and it's a 40 min interview :rolleyes: Haven't even bothered to check if they translated it accurately

BTW she is not dieting or trying to lose weight...

EDIT - now that I'm looking at this translation, I'm wondering where the hell they got those quotes from?

her interview in Russian was here:

Last edited:

muffinplus

OK, apparently that came from her Insta live (not the Mayak Interview which they sourced) where she answered a question about her diet:

Still that is an unnecessary cheap/sensationalist headline... which makes it sound like she is on a full blown diet, don't tell me they didn't know what they were doing and where they were going with this... :shuffle:

She said she normally doesn't limit what she eats, but since there is no intensive training, she tries to limit her intake a little more and tries not eat in the evening (i.e at bedtime). I mean, that doesn't sound sound the same as suggesting she is starving herself or something, but then we wouldn't have this headline

They could have literally pulled a ton of other things out of the Mayak interview where they asked her other questions, but no....

Last edited:

Bellanca

Even tiny waifs can’t afford to just sit around resting on their laurels and not keep themselves in shape because they’re naturally thin. Watching one’s diet can also be associated with something other than weight (loss or gain) ;)

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
If they're feeding themselves based on need, athletes, dancers, people whose jobs entail physical activity, and people who are more physically active seasonally, would be healthy to cut down when they aren't active, because they don't need the fuel.

Eating can be so habitual that you have to remind yourself sometimes that you no longer need or that you now need fuel and you need to shift gears. Which it sounds like she's doing.

Tinami Amori

Shcherbakova's workouts with her pets (I like the jumps part the best :lol: ):
I am waiting for Anna and Aleona to start roller-skating... :)

Trusova is already doing it on the drive-way of her "datcha" (suburban vacation home)... :D

Japanfan

Whatever Alina is missing socially is true for every elite skater, from novice to senior, and not just elite, but most skaters who are aiming for elite level, and not just a skater but an athlete in many sports.

Not necessarily. A skater who trains in her/his home community will have the support of that community and friends within it. A skater who moves to a large urban center to train will be much more likely to be lonely.

Ka3sha

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva on going to Olympics:
Of course I want to go to Olympics. I understand that next one will be my third ‘potential’ Olympics, and even if I do not get there, I will try my best - that's for sure. And if I do my best and end up not qualifying there, then, of course, I will know that I did everything I could. Well, then it’s not Tuktamysheva’s fate to go to the Olympics.

It seems to me that I have already done enough for figure skating. I’ll try to do more, but even if I don’t get to the Olympics, I will have a colorful and long career anyway.
I don’t want people who are professionally involved in sports to end their careers only because they have never been at the Olympics or because they never won it. You can succeed without making to the Olympic Games, and you don’t have to make it such a large-scale event that your life breaks after Olympics.

Last edited:

starrynight

You can succeed without making to the Olympic Games, and you don’t have to make it such a large-scale event that your life breaks after Olympics.

Gee I love Tukt. She’s very level headed and sensible. Which is why she’s been able to sustain the ups and downs — and have heaps of fun along the way. I love that she genuinely enjoys the process. It’s fun to watch.

I so badly want her to land her quad in competition before she retires. Hopefully that can happen someday.

Mad for Skating

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva on going to Olympics:

Wow, I love her perspective on things. I hate how everyone puts so much emphasis on the Olympics as the end-all, be-all of a skater’s career. There are many amazing skaters who don’t win Olympic medals or even make the Olympic team because they peaked in the wrong year. Good to see she has the right mindset about it.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
It's.... the journalists have nothing to write about yet they need to justify their salaries. So they already did the whole round of `what do you think about the Worlds cancellation', then the whole round of `how do you keep in shape' and now got to `just tell us anything'. And what is Tutkamysheva supposed to say? `I missed 2 Olympics and my odds to make it to the next one are close to 0, so I'll just say something positive'.... She is also one of the best spoken current skaters (hardly surprising - she is the only one above the age of 17) and can give an answer which is more than `I skated really well, I want to thank my coaches' or `It is what it is, I do my best and want to thank my coaches'.
I semi expect an interview with Staviskii.

starrynight

She is also one of the best spoken current skaters (hardly surprising - she is the only one above the age of 17) and can give an answer which is more than `I skated really well, I want to thank my coaches' or `It is what it is, I do my best and want to thank my coaches'.
Although with Tukt the interesting stuff that journalists want to talk about - boyfriend issues, quads, challenges etc are things she can freely talk about. The whole scene with Mishin in St Petersburg is so much calmer.

With some of the other girls though, a single mis-worded sentence about Sambo 70 etc can set off a nuclear storm on social networks, media, forums etc, so it’s probably easier to just give canned answers.

muffinplus

New long interviews with Kostornaia and Sotskova...

Kostornaia says her goal is to be in the 2022 Olympics and she is going to pursue medical school after that... kind of said that we basically have her for a couple of seasons, but I guess that's become par the course

Bigbird

New long interviews with Kostornaia and Sotskova...

Kostornaia says her goal is to be in the 2022 Olympics and she is going to pursue medical school after that... kind of said that we basically have her for a couple of seasons, but I guess that's become par the course
Girl has her head on straight. Realizes there is much more to life. Good for her.

Tinami Amori

Sergey Dobrin's interview: his competitive years, his coaching career, international skating related issues, Eteri's success and skaters. He was offered a position of 2nd Coach/VP of coaching in Tutberidze's group, but did not want to be 2nd, he'd rather struggle to become 1st on his own.

Google-translates OK. (i temporarily don't have full time access to a computer, so can't take on a long translation).

Tinami Amori

Husky puppy is a "he" and his name is Jack.

She loves her kitties too ....... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information