From Russia With Love (#36) Spring into Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

An 8-year old, "Elena Kostileva" (CSKA/Boyanova/Davydov), solidly lands 3Lz-3T.
Again, she is only 8 years, 5 months old... and yet is able to do these jumps of high difficulty.

Tinami Amori

"Anna Shcherbakova" in a new "Nike" commercial, there are several athletes featured (unfortunately only one skater), "Anna" is the one who is first on the video.

hanca

Values her privacy
An 8-year old, "Elena Kostileva" (CSKA/Boyanova/Davydov), solidly lands 3Lz-3T.
Again, she is only 8 years, 5 months old... and yet is able to do these jumps of high difficulty.
She is already eight and doesn’t have a quad jump yet? Disappointing!

muffinplus

I too wonder about the Navka show/Zagitova thing... Weren't Navka and her husband suspected of some corruption previously? (or something like that)

Tinami Amori

I too wonder about the Navka show/Zagitova thing... Weren't Navka and her husband suspected of some corruption previously? (or something like that)
No, Zagitova was not cheated out of her money. she got her money. The issue as far as the immediate one, is the language in the contract and if the use of "legal entity" is legitimate.

Aksenov is not only VP of Moscow FS Federation, and VP of Administration at Sambo-90/Khrystalny, he is also a "sole proprietor" ИП - индивидуальный предпринематель. That's in English would be "dba" doing business as "insert a last name". He also has a sole proprietorship, acting as "Agent" for skaters. Zagitova is yet 17, not an adult, and her contracts are handled by agent (she can not yet get a tax ID number which is that ИП ref.) Why not parents? my observation is - they are small-town bumpkins who know nothing or very little about contracts, movement of money etc.. Her folks never though of getting her an agent until they were told it is important, etc.. Zagitov's family naturally like money, but they don't know how to handle it and what to do...

So, one can be included in a service contract as "Mr. Aksenov" or "Mr. Aksenov, dba" (ИП "Aksenov). So Aksenov has a contract with Zagitova to be her agent. As an agent he collects her fees, keeps his %, gives the Feds their %, probably gives the coaching team their % (all these % are also part of agreements/contracts with Agent/Feds/Coaches and Zagitova), and the remainder goes to Zagitova (and that is what happened).

However, in the contract document between "Roskonsert" and "Aksenov" the text reads "8 million rubles to be paid to Aksenov, a performer". It should have said legally "8 million rubles to be paid to dba-Aksenov (ИП Aksenov) a representative of a performer (A. Zagitova)".

So when the contract was examined, it looked like a swindle - as if money were paid to a non-existent skater/performer for the purpose of stealing 8mils into private pockets. Once it was proven that these money were collected on behalf of an underaged performer, that there is proof of the money's intended distribution, Aksenov will probably get a fine for wrong and deceptive wording of the contract. So de-facto Aksenov did not pocket the money and paid them out as required. De Jure - yet another stupidity which rightfully attracted authorities' attention.

And! while it has nothing to do with Navka, Zagitova, the show... the authorities maybe interested in how the amount to the Federation was handled by Aksenov - did the whole amount go into Fed's account, or some part of it went into private pockets of those in the Federation.

And! Roskonzert (the producer and financier/impresario) the entity who paid salary/fees to all vendors and skaters (Navka, Tchernishev, Hotarek, D/V, Zagitova through her agent) has one heck of a mess, how could they mess up a contract showing Aksenov as a performer, instead of "DBA Aksenov representing a performer".

Don't you people "ah" and "oh"... how could this stupidity happen..... Once i was in charge of operational procedures on a ferry flight (positioning flight) for B737 ex MIA to a Russian airport, and the idiots put my name in the column of КVS - Chief Captain (Pilot) of the Aircraft. As a result i had problems at every transit airport (and the factual flight captain) in USA and Canada (where we landed for fuel), and almost got arrested when we landed at first airport in Russia for a number of violations related to declaring wrong captain, and wrong occupations of people on board (it looked like they were sneaking me in by declaring false occupation and purpose of being on board).

So Aksenov, de facto, did nothing wrong to Zagitova and Navka.... but there will be an issue with contract showing him as a performer vs. agent of a performer.

For the record, most skaters have their own ИП (dba tax number and registration) once they are of legal age, to receive their fees......
For example here is one for Margarita Drobiazko
and one for Medvedeva (but she still has an agent to handle finances).

Last edited:

Messalina

Short interview with Kostornaia. Seems she has a clear post-skating plan already set out. At the time of the interview, she was planning on entering university next year to study either journalism or medicine - two very different choices! I expect studying journalism would be much more compatible with continuing to train.

I must be the only person besides Kostornaia who also loves her Twilight program best. It's fun to see how much fun she has performing it. AND I like the music! So there.

Tinami Amori

"Anna Shcherbakova" - turns 16. Happy B-day!

Tinami Amori

"Anna Shcherbakova" - Best birthday guests... :D (make your day fotos)

First one to arrive - adopted feral (now home living) cat "Shiny"

Faithful walking companion - "Bonny" (she recently had a surgery and had one of her legs removed, Anna spent hours and hours teaching her to walk on 3 legs and to adjust to life, and even sacrificed some practice time to do so.)

Last one to say good-night is an-adopted cat "Mafia".

starrynight

Trusova's family was on a gov't evacuation plane from Egypt where they were on vacation in Sharm-El-Shaikh :eek:... her parents :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Have the borders in Russia closed? Was it recently? It’s certainly a bold move to travel internationally with children in the past few weeks. Although in other countries there’s been advance warning that flights are being limited and to get home asap. They must have stayed well over due if an evacuation plane was necessary.

Does Russia quarantine arrivals in a controlled facility or at home?

Last edited:

muffinplus

Have the borders in Russia closed? Was it recently? It’s certainly a bold move to travel internationally with children in the past few weeks. Although in other countries there’s been advance warning that flights are being limited and to get home asap. They must have stayed well over due if an evacuation plane was necessary.

Does Russia quarantine arrivals in a controlled facility or at home?

Russia is closing borders as of March 30. Don't know if evacuation or repatriation is the correct term. She came back on the 27th.

There is no state-controlled quarantine...She is quarantined at home according to her Instagram

starrynight

There is no state-controlled quarantine...She is quarantined at home according to her Instagram

Australia had to introduce state controlled quarantine due to people not obeying to self-isolating rules.

I remember Eteri criticising Trusova’s parents a couple of years ago for taking Trusova away on holidays without telling her. I thought at the time it was an overreaction, but now I think Eteri had a point.

muffinplus

Eteri is apparently in US ( Miami) - but don't know if this one is a rumor or not though? Cannot find any sources. Guessing she went to the US to be with Diana? I forgot if Eteri has citizenship there as well, if not I don't even know why they are in the US?

Totmianina went to Thailand for vacation with her children (was there on March 20!!!) and just got back though I'm not surprised given that her husband is a moron.... well that whole famlly is

Last edited:

muffinplus

Australia had to introduce state controlled quarantine due to people not obeying to self-isolating rules.

I remember Eteri criticising Trusova’s parents a couple of years ago for taking Trusova away on holidays without telling her. I thought at the time it was an overreaction, but now I think Eteri had a point.

I think Trusova already had another vacation abroad this winter before Europeans...

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member

Sharm-al-Sheikh has seen evacuations due to terrorism in the Sinai. WTF were they thinking?

starrynight

Has Russia been late to catch on to the BB? I thought Australia was late to the party but even here for the last few weeks it’s been clear it’s been serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information