From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I do think that "some yellow press media" in Russia is wrong.. The virus is dangerous to all people. However i do not think there is danger, for example, for Tuktamysheva and Mishin (two of them alone, after they have been tested and show not signs) practicing Liza's programme on ice or in a gym (or any similar training withe a tested skater and a coach). I also don't think it is dangerous for Liza not to lock up herself at home, and to go out for a walk in an almost empty park and streets of St. Petersburg...
Liza: "Enjoying a warm day out" (on a walk).

It is not "secretly" or "at night"....

"but exceptions are made for members of the National teams (all sports, not just figure skating) , so they can officially continue their training."

I think it is so wrong and shows total disregard for others.
They are saying that the virus can stay on a surface for days, and it takes 15 days after exposure for the virus to show up. So who is going to guarantee that there are not areas in the rink that still hold the virus, or who is to say that either of them might touch a surface, or be near someone who sneezes and the virus has been spread to an innocuous space like produce, which either of them might pick up, eat, pass by on the way to the rink?

Selfish. Selfish. Selfish.

The only way we - THE WORLD - is going to get through this is for EVERYONE to follow the same rules. Isolate and it will go quickly. Break the rules because you think you are special, and it goes on and on and on.

Tinami Amori

Ha ha well Maybe Eteri will be the first to singlehandedly find a cure so training of quadruple jumps can recommence without delay.
Why did you single out "Eteri", when so far on photos we have Samarin and Alieyv out playing soccer, and Tuktamysheva using rink's dance studio and strolling in the park, and Averbuch bragging that he does no follow quaranteine, and Yags not believing the xxxx, and Leonova prancing around the rink?

I know that any nastiness (for sake of a laugh) and unfairness against Eteri is either approved or overlooked on FSU (unlike Golden Skate where they don't allow character assassinations in their rules). I guess you're trying to be clever and popular... take a dig at Eteri.

Too bad such behavior is allowed against success and the successful people. Bring them down to your lows, instead of raising yourself to their level... :D

Tinami Amori

On a fun note: Skaters and cats, true life photos and art...

Tinami Amori

I thought you said she was secretly taking students into empty rinks to continue training?
I never said that as a fact... i guess people automatically assumed it was "evil Eteri".
Actually the last rink (where elite skaters train) to officially close in Moscow was CSKA/Megasport... :D that's Bouyanova/Davydov's groups... :cool:
For all the rest of the examples, i either posted a link or a photo...... and none of them had Eteri on it... :D

Tinami Amori

Ok....... back to having to find another piece of informative news, unless anyone else want to argue... :D

The Russian acrobat-skater who was injured during a rehearsal for Youth Olympics opening ceremony, is doing better.
Her name is Olga Sevostyanova, she has kids and family. The article is in Russian, but google-translates ok, i can explain if anything is not clear. In brief, she says that IOC tried to shove this incident under the rug, gave her very little support, tried to make her the guilty party (claiming she made a mistake and slipped off, vs. Olga hearing the crunch sound in the equipment, and you can see on the video that the line-cord is jerking).. Olga had to collect donations to pay for her treatment. She has lawyers representing her now... because IOC is not giving her any support or cooperation..

Last edited:

Bigbird

I never said that as a fact... i guess people automatically assumed it was "evil Eteri".
Actually the last rink (where elite skaters train) to officially close in Moscow was CSKA/Megasport... :D that's Bouyanova/Davydov's groups... :cool:
For all the rest of the examples, i either posted a link or a photo...... and none of them had Eteri on it... :D

Even Eteri knows when to give it a rest.

Tinami Amori

"Alina Zagitova" - promotes "PUMA" developed training for stay-at-home athletes.

... and she modeled pieces from Puma Spring collection...

and a modeling session from PUMA...

"Shiseido Ginza Tokyo" renewed her contract, and due to sell out of "Alina Red" cosmetics collection in Asian Regions, they now have new series for Russian/European markets - also called "Alina Zagitova - new" - sales (on line) started March 01.

from Numero Tokyo

Suprisingly, Alina's popularity jumped high up, after the announcement of her break. Prior to the break her IG had 680K subscribers, it has recently jumped to 773K.

Puma (just before xxxx quaranteine) held another training event for her and her fans, and it was sold out success......
and more in the article...

VOGUE Russia. Zagitova fashion spread... various clips and fotos.

And Alina is now a "fashion icon" to some...

I hope she turns pro and do shows and events, it's her time to make money (vs. banging her butt on the ice for pleasure of the rabid fans, given she won every medal possible).

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Ok....... back to having to find another piece of informative news, unless anyone else want to argue... :D

The Russian acrobat-skater who was injured during a rehearsal for Your Olympics opening ceremony, is doing better.
Her name is Olga Sevostyanova, she has kids and family. The article is in Russian, but google-translates ok, i can explain if anything is not clear. In brief, she says that IOC tried to shove this incident under the rug, gave her very little support, tried to make her the guilty party (claiming she made a mistake and slipped off, vs. Olga hearing the crunch sound in the equipment, and you can see on the video that the line-cord is jerking).. Olga had to collect donations to pay for her treatment. She has lawyers representing her now... because IOC is not giving her any support or cooperation..

Reason #37591327508 why the IOC really needs new leadership :(

exNyer

Does anyone know what is going on regarding Alina's contract with Navka's show. Is Aline going to be paid fairly or is she the victim of a fraud.

Rina RUS

Selfish. Selfish. Selfish.
The only way we - THE WORLD - is going to get through this is for EVERYONE to follow the same rules. Isolate and it will go quickly. Break the rules because you think you are special, and it goes on and on and on.

Sorry, but for me it sounds like a fairy tale. What is "quickly"? Of course, such decisions should better the situation. It is also said that summer should better the situation. Yet as far as I see nobody can promise, that it won't become worse again in cold autumn. I don't think it is possible just to go and kill the virus everywhere. I think you know that without food people die too (and without some other things). That's why people still try to work. I think you also know some countries have a bad situation even about food or medicine - are you sure self-isolation can save all those people? I mention those people now just because I can't imagine "the same rules" for "EVERYONE" in the world which is our reality today.

Yes, we should do what we can. Yet don't blame. I think you can't promise that "it will go quickly".

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Sorry, but for me it sounds like a fairy tale. What is "quickly"? Of course, such decisions should better the situation. It is also said that summer should better the situation. Yet as far as I see nobody can promise, that it won't become worse again in cold autumn. I don't think it is possible just to go and kill the virus everywhere. I think you know that without food people die too (and without some other things). That's why people still try to work. I think you also know some countries have a bad situation even about food or medicine - are you sure self-isolation can save all those people? I mention those people now just because I can't imagine "the same rules" for "EVERYONE" in the world which is our reality today.

Yes, we should do what we can. Yet don't blame. I think you can't promise that "it will go quickly".
I think I said it is the only way we know to shorten the duration is for everyone to stay home.

The Florida spring breakers thought they were entitled to their spring break. Yep they are also entitled to the Corona virus they are in growing numbers testing positive for
Their parents, grand parents who (statistically) they will have infected and who might die did not deserve the lovely gift these entitled college students brought home to share.

I am working from home as are my employees. My daughter shops for me and drives 45 minutes to drop it off.

We all must do our part,. Get by as best we can and get through it.

Rina RUS

My daughter shops for me

This. :)
Everyone makes possible decisions.
Averbukh wasn't "bragging" about breaking rules (as Tinami thinks). He said the same: when he was interviewed, 80 per cent of his employees were already working on-line (so that they could do it from home); as for himself, he already limited contacts with other people. I think it was a good interview: he didn't speak about breaking any "rules" (because the words "quarantine rules" are used in Russian when we speak about infected people or those who came from another country). As for recommendations, Averbukh already had been doing his best to follow them.
Our country makes new decisions - it seems people make new decisions too. I think adult people become more careful anyway.

As for kids (including teenagers)... well, I'll have to agree, if their parents say they can't lock their kid in the toilet (for weeks? for months?). I just mean many people have only a flat - without their own yard to go for a walk. Yet we can hope parents will try to make good decisions too.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

This. :)
Everyone makes possible decisions.
Averbukh wasn't "bragging" about breaking rules (as Tinami thinks). as for himself, he already limited contacts with other people. I think it was a good interview: he didn't speak about breaking any "rules" (because the words "quarantine rules" are used in Russian when we speak about infected people or those who came from another country).
what's your problem?
Exact Averbuch's words:
Авербух о коронавирусе: «Ограничил общение, но на карантине не сижу »
"Limited communication, but not following quarantiene (but not sitting on quarantiene".

Rina RUS

what's your problem?
No problem. :)

1. I explained, that he couldn't break "quarantiene rules", because even now he is only supposed to follow recommendations about self-isolation (if he is still healthy). He still may go to buy food, for example. If he was supposed to follow quarantiene rules, he wouldn't have a right to go to a shop. He can't break the rules, if he isn't one of those who is supposed to follow these rules. It is just a fact. Nothing to do with bragging.

2. He was interviewed a few days ago. It was another situation in the city. Now people are supposed to stop working and spend this long holiday at home or in their summer country houses. I don't know what Averbukh is going to do, but I think his speech is careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information