From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
So rap talk is excused by many as representing a distinct group and subculture with a particular history of oppression. (I’m not taking sides on this one.)

Is Plushy’s bad grammar/language representative of a distinct subculture or is it entirely a class issue? I really don’t know, I’m asking.

Nadya

And the saga continues! Meow!!!

TeamTutberidze's choreographer, Alexei Zheleznyakov, chimed in to support his team:

"I've known Eteri for a number of years, she's an utterly private person, doesn't like interviews, photo shoots and all that stuff or public statements. Calm down everyone! All TeamTutberidze does is work, work and work. These people don't have time for the rotten intrigues, PR, hype, dancing on graves etc. ! That's what haters do. But if they did speak up, that means you deserved it. In a nutshell: close your mouth and go to work. All the best!"

And then....Mr. Plushenko, with his customary refined and cultured ways, responded :

"Yo dude, do you even understand what you've just said? Who was that running his mouth? Who are you, anyway? Where's my magnifying glass? And can't you answer with some Tzvetayeva, anyway? Go learn from your boss how to talk to important people so you don't look like an idiot afterwards!"

Plushenko's words were reported by multiple media sources but I wasn't able to find an actual source link. It says the comment was left via Instagram.

Nadya

So rap talk is excused by many as representing a distinct group and subculture with a particular history of oppression. (I’m not taking sides on this one.)

Is Plushy’s bad grammar/language representative of a distinct subculture or is it entirely a class issue? I really don’t know, I’m asking.
He talks like a street kid. Thuggish.

Nadya

Not diplomatic at all, unless you think ALL working class people are thugs, if that's the case I don't even know what to say.

You're right they just called him a fake coach, I'm sure all the kids in the younger group he trains and spends literally HOURS on the ice with will be stunned to hear they're suffering from a mass hallucination.

It intrigues me how no matter what he does Plushy can't win with some people. He skates they want him to stop, he stops they heap scorn on him for being a "quitter". He starts off as poor so he's backwater hick, he gets rich, through his own hard work mind you, and he's a greedy POS.

Make up your damn minds!
I was always a dedicated supporter for Evgeni as a skater, and I admire his fighting spirit on ice.

However, ever since his marriage to the world's greatest Becky Sharpe and entry into Moscow's beau monde, I don't know him anymore. He's all about bling now, and his tireless promotion of his son is...in bad taste. He's known as Mr. Rudkovsky now, fyi.

Tinami Amori

I was always a dedicated supporter for Evgeni as a skater, and I admire his fighting spirit on ice.

However, ever since his marriage to the world's greatest Becky Sharpe and entry into Moscow's beau monde, I don't know him anymore. He's all about bling now, and his tireless promotion of his son is...in bad taste. He's known as Mr. Rudkovsky now, fyi.
You need to explain to non-russians what "beau monde" means, aka ШУБА'S..... (the furs........).. :D the old guard with an agenda, who proclaimed themselves the "elite" and trying to put down newcomers, unless they pay homage to them and include them in their projects, and their "jesters". They killed russian ice dance, and men, and somewhat pairs, and can't stand someone functions without them in ladies singles.. :D

:lol:

Nadya

You need to explain to non-russians what "beau monde" means, aka ШУБА'S..... (the furs........).. :D the old guard with an agenda, who proclaimed themselves the "elite" and trying to put down newcomers, unless they pay homage to them and include them in their projects, and their "jesters". They killed russian ice dance, and men, and somewhat pairs, and can't stand someone functions without them in ladies singles.. :D

:lol:

No, it's not that. It's the nouveau riche and glamorous boys and girls - models, wives and girlfriends of rich men, fashion designers, publishers, entertainers, Instagrammers and other assorted characters dedicated to parading their fabulousness and wearing as much bling as possible. It really has nothing to do with skating.

Tinami Amori

No, it's not that. It's the nouveau riche and glamorous boys and girls - models, wives and girlfriends of rich men, fashion designers, publishers, entertainers, Instagrammers and other assorted characters dedicated to parading their fabulousness and wearing as much bling as possible. It really has nothing to do with skating.
But that started in the 90's, now it is 20+ later and spilling into skating. Ari, who fully supports "The new Kardashians" aka Plush/Yana and the likes, now got to ISU and trying to integrate "that stuff" into skating. The beau monde already ruined Sotnikova, somewhat.. I saw the video with that fight Plush/Yana had on camera, during "Glamour" presentation when he had a fit that he was not met properly at the entrance, refused to take photos and Yana had to convince his to be civil. I am always on Plushenko's side when he talks about old days and Yags bulling him when Plush came to Leningrad as a boy. Now Plush lost is mind.... he had 5 conflicts, highly publicized, in one season. "locking up his kid in the dark room" and fight with media, then "Yags skating at his rink as a host of a rented venue", then volunteered "inside info" on why Tarakanova left the club disclosing her personal situation, then a fight with Navka over the start-date of their conflicting Holiday shows, and now he for whatever reasons picked on Eteri and Zagi. Once thing he forgot to tell, is that he went to Dudakov first and asked him to become his main tech coach, and it is Dudakov and not Zagi who told Eteri that Plush is butting in... But it was convenient to use "zagi" as a point of dispute. Plush been trying to get Dudakov on several occasions. The guy lost is mind, he is now using Sofa Titova to "claim Lip's fame" and making a 10-11 year old skate to "Schindler's List" in "Trusova-like jumps suit". He did stieal Volkov from Sambo, former Trusova's coach, and set him up to say that he taught Trusova all quads... and the silly man went to the media and said it.. and there was too much proof he is wrong. damage to Volkov's reputation. But Plush did not care, he got himself in the news... :D

rfisher

Let the skating begin
/conspiracy on

What if all of this drama is just a PR stint in order to sell more tickets for Russian Nats since they will be in Krasnoyarsk and not in the usual spots where they always sell out (e.g. St. Petersburg, Moscow, Kazan, Sochi)?

/conspiracy off
My cynical self did wonder how much was an attempt to boost participation and TV ratings.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
It is exhausting. And yes, I do rely more on visual cues, I need to have people in my direct line of sight and on my right hand side to talk to them properly.
Agreed about exhaustion, and in a rink, with all of the blasting music and residual noise and locker/changing room noise, ugh. I'm glad she's a dancer, though, if ice dance is anything like floor dancing -- ballet, contemporary, modern, ballroom -- where partners can often communicate through body language, hand placement, etc.

Tavi

He may be privileged with dollars but his father was a racist crime lord and he paid for every mark Trump obtained in school up to and including Wharton. He can barely read.

I don’t disagree at all. My point was that his boorishness can’t be explained away by a lack of privilege or education, as was implied by one poster, and that the decline in public norms under his watch results from a deliberate choice on his part to adopt, encourage, and normalize obnoxious and uncivil behavior.

barbarafan

I don’t disagree at all. My point was that his boorishness can’t be explained away by a lack of privilege or education, as was implied by one poster, and that the decline in public norms under his watch results from a deliberate choice on his part to adopt, encourage, and normalize obnoxious and uncivil behavior.
What i meant was it does not appear that he spent much time in classes.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
What i meant was it does not appear that he spent much time in classes.
If you go to an Ivy League or Potted Ivy or Ivy Who? (ex: Stanford) school, they expect that you are literate and speak well. These are not things you learn in the classroom: they are things your well-bred peers model. At best, he learned all of this, but chose not to use it.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
But that started in the 90's, now it is 20+ later and spilling into skating. Ari, who fully supports "The new Kardashians" aka Plush/Yana and the likes, now got to ISU and trying to integrate "that stuff" into skating. The beau monde already ruined Sotnikova, somewhat.. I saw the video with that fight Plush/Yana had on camera, during "Glamour" presentation when he had a fit that he was not met properly at the entrance, refused to take photos and Yana had to convince his to be civil. I am always on Plushenko's side when he talks about old days and Yags bulling him when Plush came to Leningrad as a boy. Now Plush lost is mind.... he had 5 conflicts, highly publicized, in one season. "locking up his kid in the dark room" and fight with media, then "Yags skating at his rink as a host of a rented venue", then volunteered "inside info" on why Tarakanova left the club disclosing her personal situation, then a fight with Navka over the start-date of their conflicting Holiday shows, and now he for whatever reasons picked on Eteri and Zagi. Once thing he forgot to tell, is that he went to Dudakov first and asked him to become his main tech coach, and it is Dudakov and not Zagi who told Eteri that Plush is butting in... But it was convenient to use "zagi" as a point of dispute. Plush been trying to get Dudakov on several occasions. The guy lost is mind, he is now using Sofa Titova to "claim Lip's fame" and making a 10-11 year old skate to "Schindler's List" in "Trusova-like jumps suit". He did stieal Volkov from Sambo, former Trusova's coach, and set him up to say that he taught Trusova all quads... and the silly man went to the media and said it.. and there was too much proof he is wrong. damage to Volkov's reputation. But Plush did not care, he got himself in the news... :D

We used to call them “New Russians” since the mid-1990s.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
If you go to an Ivy League or Potted Ivy or Ivy Who? (ex: Stanford) school, they expect that you are literate and speak well. These are not things you learn in the classroom: they are things your well-bred peers model. At best, he learned all of this, but chose not to use it.

He used to at least try. Watch an interview from the ‘80s when he’s promoting his book and he sounded much more educated. Now, since he understands his base is the white working class, he goes out of his way to sound trashy, which is actually insulting to millions of people in that category.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
He used to at least try. Watch an interview from the ‘80s when he’s promoting his book and he sounded much more educated. Now, since he understands his base is the white working class, he goes out of his way to sound trashy, which is actually insulting to millions of people in that category.

But Trump is their hero. The true insults are rendered by those who sincerely despise Appalachians and other white middle-American working class, eg, Hillary Clinton’s “ deplorables” speech and ex-FBI officials Lisa Page & Peter Sztrock (sp?) describing the smelly rural whites at Walmarts stores in southern Virginia.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

We used to call them “New Russians” since the mid-1990s.
Well..... it's no longer "new", it is getting "old".... :D

I was happy for them all these years....

... until recent few years when they start acting and behaving ridiculous...
shutting off your wife on stage in front of million viewers is not a good thing....

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Well he did grow up in Queens.....

Tinami Amori

Well he did grow up in Queens.....
Does not matter where one grows up.... one can be bron in Brookline, like Kennedy brothers, in a wealthy family, and well raised, although connected to Mafia, but who is counting, or remembers the history of his/her own country.... :lol:

It did not stop them from a sordid affair with Marilyn Monroe, and questionable issues connected to her death. And it certainly did not stop married Rorbert Kennedy from letting his mistress drown, in a car he wrecked, in front of his own eyes, while he was saving his butt swimming to shore, leaving her to die. Ah, the D's... "protectors of the people" are so humane... on words ... :D even when "educated and wealthy".

Darn.... if there was internet and social media back then... :D

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Video footage in two parts featuring Moskvina and Boikova/Kozlovskii on the ice and in choreo class, including Tamara doing physical exercises a bit :)
OMG! I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!

AxelAnnie

Does not matter where one grows up.... one can be bron in Brookline, like Kennedy brothers, in a wealthy family, and well raised, although connected to Mafia, but who is counting, or remembers the history of his/her own country.... :lol:

It did not stop them from a sordid affair with Marilyn Monroe, and questionable issues connected to her death. And it certainly did not stop married Rorbert Kennedy from letting his mistress drown, in a car he wrecked, in front of his own eyes, while he was saving his butt swimming to shore, leaving her to die. Ah, the D's... "protectors of the people" are so humane... on words ... :D even when "educated and wealthy".

Darn.... if there was internet and social media back then... :D
That was not Robert but Edward Kennedy. I wonder how things in the universe would have played out if JFK was not killed.

The thing that amazes me is that this family had everything! And they threw it away.
They could have used their names/influence/power/money for so much good.

AxelAnnie

And the saga continues! Meow!!!

TeamTutberidze's choreographer, Alexei Zheleznyakov, chimed in to support his team:

"I've known Eteri for a number of years, she's an utterly private person, doesn't like interviews, photo shoots and all that stuff or public statements. Calm down everyone! All TeamTutberidze does is work, work and work. These people don't have time for the rotten intrigues, PR, hype, dancing on graves etc. ! That's what haters do. But if they did speak up, that means you deserved it. In a nutshell: close your mouth and go to work. All the best!"

And then....Mr. Plushenko, with his customary refined and cultured ways, responded :

"Yo dude, do you even understand what you've just said? Who was that running his mouth? Who are you, anyway? Where's my magnifying glass? And can't you answer with some Tzvetayeva, anyway? Go learn from your boss how to talk to important people so you don't look like an idiot afterwards!"

Plushenko's words were reported by multiple media sources but I wasn't able to find an actual source link. It says the comment was left via Instagram.

Anything that starts with "Yo Dude" is to be ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information