From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

Not sure why my post was included here. Yes, obviously the United States is not 'the target audience' for Zagitova ads -- however, I think she's a great sportswear model, and my husband and I would get a kick out of seeing her on a billboard in the US. She's his favorite skater. I was expressing a genuine wish that Alina's Puma ads, etc. appeared in shopping malls and billboards where we live. For that matter, it would be fantastic to see Nathan Chen or any figure skaters on billboards or malls in the US (but that is a topic for a different forum).
I am very sorry, that was a "copy the link" mistake. I fixed it (your post is delete). thank you for pointing it out. Since you're a fan, and if you or your friends are in Moscow in the end of December this year, Alina Zagitova will be part of Navka's Ice Show "Sleeping Beauty - the Tale of Two Kingdoms".

Here is a video, filming the TV commercial with Navka and Zagitova in it (with English subtitles).

Finsta

Well, there is an explanation... :D or...... can i send imaginary carrots to your imaginary friends?

The billboards, posters and video screens are placed in geo-locations where the estimated target audience traffic is. Perhaps all of the above posters are not "the target audience"... ;) because it is very hard to miss at least these video displays in central areas of the shopping malls.. :lol:

In any case, glad to hear that "Alina's image" is not that overbearing. Because some fans of "some other girl" complain "too much Zagitova in advertising and on TV" and it's not fair "to the other girl"... :D

---
New videos: Japan Open 2019 posted two promo-videos, for Zagitova and Trusova.
---
Oh my- you’re really crazy. But are you in Russia to see these? Asking because the 2 Russian students are actual residents of Russia. 🙄. But not going to engage in this weird thing you have

Perky Shae Lynn

In any case, glad to hear that "Alina's image" is not that overbearing. Because some fans of "some other girl" complain "too much Zagitova in advertising and on TV" and it's not fair "to the other girl"... :D
I just came back from a 3-week long work trip to Moscow & St Pete. Alina's image certainly is not overbearing.:rofl: I didn't see a single billboard or TV advertisement with Zagitova in it. Do you actually live in Russia?

Willin

What does GP withdrawal means towards nationals for Z/E? Do they have to skate Russian Cup to qualify or might get a bye?
I have no idea, but I hope they take a lot of time off. If it is a heart condition as is the gossip (courtesy of TSL), it's nothing to mess with. A not insignificant number of young athletes die each year from previously undiagnosed heart conditions, and for those lucky enough to be diagnosed the athletes in question are often told to avoid strenuous training. I hope it's not that bad, but if it is I hope he quits elite skating. Better a retirement than a death.

RoseRed

I have no idea, but I hope they take a lot of time off. If it is a heart condition as is the gossip (courtesy of TSL), it's nothing to mess with. A not insignificant number of young athletes die each year from previously undiagnosed heart conditions, and for those lucky enough to be diagnosed the athletes in question are often told to avoid strenuous training. I hope it's not that bad, but if it is I hope he quits elite skating. Better a retirement than a death.
A heart condition is why they missed Euros last year, and I believe I saw quotes from Enbert in a Russian article saying that's why they pulled out of the GP.

LoopCombo

I am very sorry, that was a "copy the link" mistake. I fixed it (your post is delete). thank you for pointing it out. Since you're a fan, and if you or your friends are in Moscow in the end of December this year, Alina Zagitova will be part of Navka's Ice Show "Sleeping Beauty - the Tale of Two Kingdoms".

Here is a video, filming the TV commercial with Navka and Zagitova in it (with English subtitles).
Thanks very much for the link! It’s so rare to find English subtitles on the videos. My husband does speak some Russian, but we watch a lot of Russian and Japanese language skating videos on YouTube without understanding much — we are crazy!

Ka3sha

Mikhail Kolyada to withdraw from competitions in order to undergo medical treatment.
Press release on Russian Federation's website doesn't provide any additional information..

Fairuza

Mikhail Kolyada to withdraw from competitions in order to undergo medical treatment.
Press release on Russian Federation's website doesn't provide any additional information..
His coach did. He’s out of GP series and can only come back for Nationals at the earliest. He’s got a surgery on October 30th.

Dobre

His coach did. He’s out of GP series and can only come back for Nationals at the earliest. He’s got a surgery on October 30th.

The men's field at Skate Canada . . .

Sylvia

TBD
Does anyone know the list of eligible men to replace Kolyada at Skate Canada?

I don’t know where to find the SB list. Does anyone know?

Tinami Amori

I just came back from a 3-week long work trip to Moscow & St Pete. Alina's image certainly is not overbearing.:rofl: I didn't see a single billboard or TV advertisement with Zagitova in it. Do you actually live in Russia?
Which means "Audience targeting and ad geo-locatiion research" works.... :cheer2:

A heart condition is why they missed Euros last year, and I believe I saw quotes from Enbert in a Russian article saying that's why they pulled out of the GP.
I love that team, but have little hope of them returning to competition at a high level.. (hope i am wrong).
In an interview this summer Enbert said this:
"Александр: Ну да, если бы не было допуска, мы бы на чемпионат мира не поехали. Но это было сложно, все эти рекомендации врачей, когда можно кататься с пульсом не больше 140, а для фигурного катания это очень мало. Если в беге ты можешь долго и быстро бежать, у тебя будет пульс 120-140 - это нормально, то в фигурном катании ты просто выходишь на лед, делаешь круг раскатки, и у тебя уже пульс 140. И врачи сказали делать разбег элементов и останавливаться."

"Alexander: If we did not have (medical) release we would not participate at the (last) Worlds. But it (skating at the event) was not easy (for us), all these doctors' recommendations, when you can only skate with a pulse rate not higher than 140, which is too low for figure skating. If in running/sprinting you can run fast for a long time, with a pulse rate of 120-140 and consider it normal, but in figure skating when you simply step on the ice, just after one warm-up circle your rate just jumps to 140. So the doctors told (me) to do a sequence of elements, but then stop".

Kolyada.... one of my favorite Russian senior man.. same thing, not much hope either because the word "chronic" appears more and more often in the description of his condition....(but hope i am wrong).

Perky Shae Lynn

Which means "Audience targeting and ad geo-locatiion research" works.... :cheer2:
Are you referring to mall advertisements? Of course they makes sense; but based on your narrative of Alina's superstardom in Russia I expected something much bigger. It's not the case at all. I spoke with some folks in our Moscow office, and they've heard of Alina. She is not viewed in the same category as the greats or Lipnitskaya. Lip seems to be quiet famous. But I am sure Alina will become a bigger name in Russia if she sustains her success for a few years.

Tinami Amori

A new photography contest any one can participate in - english and russian speakers.
Alina Zagitova - on behalf of Aeroflot - «RUSSIA SURPRISES» photography contest, winner receives free round-trip tickets.

Zagitova: Hi! I am pleased to share that @aeroflot launches a new promo «RUSSIA SURPRISES» and you are welcome to participate in it. Post any picture of any sightseeing in Russia so that travelers who have never been here could not have imagined that it is Russia. And when they hear «This is Russia» they would be positively surprised. Let's show how beautiful Russia is to the world. I have decided to post a recent picture of Moscow river and Moscow State University. Share YOUR pictures with hashtags #аэрофлот #россияудивляет. The winner will receive a reward (tickets) . Good Luck!

Rina RUS

Yagudin says he has opened his school in Moscow. :)
His school in Minsk is still alive. :)
Yet it seems his followers expect more. He is asked: "Why nobody opens new schools in Krasnoyarsk!?"

As for the coaches, it is said Alexander Kazakov and Pelageya Kazakova keep working in Minsk.
Vasili Rogov, Valeri Sinitsyn and Elizaveta Semina are the coaches in Moscow.

:) and just a very beautiful video with Michel Yagudina who is 4 years old now
(Totmianina called this video "Angels do exist")

seruleane

Honestly, all this bickering about how famous or popular Alina really is in Russia is very tiresome. Personally, when I think about young teenage athletes who became mega stars (eg Lipnitskaya, Baiul) I wouldn’t want their fate to be Alina’s. Not that this is a negative for all teenage stars, but I think it is a lot of pressure, and can be a negative thing. I’m totally fine if Alina just remains popular among figure skating fans and can earn money to support herself and her family. Fame may be very attractive but can ultimately lead to one’s downfall.

Tinami Amori

All Russian ladies to watch out.... the new dragon start is Alexandra Trusova.... :D

Adidas and Stella McCartney better start a new line :D but this one is good so far.

Some people with feminist interests are now seriously concerned "Why are women in FS held back? no 3A and quads if SP!!!???" :cheer2:

Tinami Amori

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Olympic Channel short interview "What Trusova wishes for herself and the world"... :lol:

Tinami Amori

Sofia Samodelkina @ CSKA - Davydov's group, solidly lands 3A and 3A+3T.

Ka3sha

Ekaterina Bobrova and Andrei Deputat yesterday held master class for children, who survived cancer

Mad for Skating

Ekaterina Bobrova and Andrei Deputat yesterday held master class for children, who survived cancer

Aww this is so sweet! I love them.

Mad for Skating

It appears that Stolbova/Novoselov have withdrawn from their Russian Cup event - I hope everything is okay.

(By "Russian Cup" I mean the small domestic competition, not their Grand Prix event)

Tinami Amori

It appears that Stolbova/Novoselov have withdrawn from their Russian Cup event - I hope everything is okay.

(By "Russian Cup" I mean the small domestic competition, not their Grand Prix event)
yesterday I saw 3 photos posted, of Ksenya skating alone, (on one of the Russian chat sites). This could mean nothing. but that's how it was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information