From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

Tuktamysheva has 3 3axels in 2 programs.

Trusova has 3 quads.

Shchberkova has 1 to 2 quads.

Medvedeva and Zagitova at this stage have no 3axels or quads, but they are champions.

WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE KOSTORNAIA? :(

VenusH.

Tuktamysheva has 3 3axels in 2 programs.

Trusova has 3 quads.

Shchberkova has 1 to 2 quads.

Medvedeva and Zagitova at this stage have no 3axels or quads, but they are champions.

WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE KOSTORNAIA? :(
Having that godawful Twilight program will be no help either.
It is not fun awful either. Sigh

Tinami Amori

feraina

So Trusova is definitely going to worlds, as long as she’s healthy. Zagitova probably got the second spot. So third spot is down to Medvedeva and Tuktamysheva again, plus new seniors Scherbacova and Kostornaia. Not unlike last year with Samodurova and Konstantinova in play. It’s going to be a very intense Nationals and post-Nationals again.

hanca

Values her privacy
:D with a 3A which she/team plan to include into the programme as soon as she/team feels to be ready for.

If she is ever going to be ready. That video was posted 18 months ago.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
So Trusova is definitely going to worlds, as long as she’s healthy. Zagitova probably got the second spot. So third spot is down to Medvedeva and Tuktamysheva again, plus new seniors Scherbacova and Kostornaia. Not unlike last year with Samodurova and Konstantinova in play. It’s going to be a very intense Nationals and post-Nationals again.

How about we wait until we actually see some more of these ladies compete before we figure out the Worlds spots? :) Zagitova and Kostornaia haven't even been out there yet!

Finsta

How can one be so certain about worlds? What if one of the so called 3A or is it 4a, fall in competition and miss the quads. How would they score without a quad? What if one gets an injury or if Alina’s mental issues return this season. So much can happen

VenusH.

Trusova seems to have problem with her loop. I wonder if it is problem of adrenaline rush from landing her quads or what

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Trusova seems to have problem with her loop. I wonder if it is problem of adrenaline rush from landing her quads or what

I think its the combo loop, her lutz is much higher now she has sometimes problems with adding teh loop i notice in that trip

hanca

Values her privacy
Russian nationals in pairs usually have 12 spots. Skaters qualify by having GP events, by getting to JGPF and the rest through Russian cups. This year there are seven pairs with GP events. If five junior pairs gets into JGPF, there may not be any spots left to qualify through Russian cups. I wonder if the federation finally opens more spots for pairs.

million$momma

Love when a skater with the highest SP base value and three triple axels is called an underdog :rofl:
She might have the highest short program base value but she gets very little GOE compared to her competitors. She doesn't need to change her program, she needs to work on her spins, entry in and out of jumps, and transitions in general. Not to mention her speed...

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Russia needs five spots at worlds. :)

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I have a feeling Mishina / Galliamov will dominate this season, they will easily destroy Boikova / Kozlovki , also T/M first outing hasn't been good but lets wait more and see.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Sofia Akatieva is even bigger than Valieva too bad she wont be eligible for Beijing and will only debut as a junior in Olympic Season

gutsy like Trusova but has the skating skills, she just has exact flexibility needed, big jumps, good jump tehnique that doesnt pause a bit and take off from side of her hip like Valieva. fell on 3A on second half
but she has landed 3A and 4T, 4T-3T before

Dobre

Do we have any updates on Stepanova & Bukin? They aren't signed up for Finlandia, and it makes sense that they will need time for program preparation if struggling with injury issues at the time of Russian test skates. But I was talking about Finlandia with my mother today and remembered how close that is to Skate America and that S&B are scheduled for Skate America this year. Have they signed up for any domestic events at home in Russia as a test run? Or is there confirmation that they are back in regular training?

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Top International Scores This Season-

LADIES
Alexandra Trusova 238
Kamila Valieva 221
Anna Shcherbakova 218
Evgenia Medvedeva 217
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 214
Kseniia Sinitsyna 204
Viktoria Vasilieva 198
Anastasia Tarakanova 194
Daria Usacheva 194
Maiia Khromykh 190
Sofia Samodurova 179
Stanislava Konstantinova 162
Maria Sotskova 155

TBD- Kostornaia, Zagitova, Leonova, Sakhanovich

Russia Cup (national)-
Ksenia Tsibinova 205 (1)
Serafima Sakhanovich 192 (2)
Elizaveta Nugumanova 184 (3)
Maria Talalykina 175 (4)
Anastasia Guliakova 170 (5) (looked to have a leg injury coming off)
Anastasia Gracheva 169 (6)

MEN
Dmitri Aliev 255
Daniil Samsonov 250
Andrei Mozalev 223
Petr Gumennik 222
Artur Danielian 221
Egor Murashov 219
Alexander Samarin 218
Gleb Lutfullin 212
Ilya Yablokov 207
Andrei Kutovoi 198
Egor Rukhin 196
Matvei Vetlugin 176
Andrei Lazukin 168

TBD- Voronov, Kolyada, Shulepov, Savosin, Ignatov

Russia Cup (national)-
Vladimir Samoilov 268
Sergei Voronov 263
Egor Murashov 231
Andrei Zuber 217

PAIRS
Tarasova/Morozov 194
Panfilova/Rylov 192
Akhanteva/Kolesov 185
Artemeva/Nazarychev 178
Mukhametzianova/Mironov 171
Vislobokova/Briukhanov 166
Pepeleva/Pleshkov 159
Shcheglova/Kalashnikov 150

TBD- Zabiiako/Enbert, Boikova/Kozlovskii, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, Mishina/Galiamov, Efimova/Korovin, Stolbova/Novoselov

Russia Cup (national)-
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin 208
Balabanova/Sviatchenko 194
Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov 187
Kostiukovich/Ialin (182 Junior)
Akopova/Shagalov 157

DANCE
Sinitsina/Katsalapov 198
Popova/Mozgov 174
Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy 171
Shpilevaya/Smirnov 170
Khudaiberdieva/Filatov 165
Evdokimova/Bazin 164
Katashinskaia/Vaskovich 162
Davis/Smolkin 160
Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy 152
Zhukova/Karpov 141

TBD- Stepanova/Bukin, Zagorski/Guerreiro, Skoptcova/Aleshin, Ushakova/Nekrasov, Shevchenko/Eremenko

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

It is actually being addressed, but not just for Russia. There is a proposed discussion for ISU to switch to "merit/ranking system" and away from "national quotas".

I think this is a good idea, to a point. If four or five Russian ladies qualify to the GPF, then four or five Russian ladies go to the GPF. I think there must be some limit - maybe a maximum of 7 ladies per country - but 3 is too low. I really hope this proposition goes through.

Bigbird

Move over SinKats and StepBuk, welcome the other Katya, Katashinskaia and Vaskovich. About time :)

sbaker-12

Does anyone know what’s going on with Kanysheva? Will we see her in the last two JGP events?

layman

Trusova freeskate from this weekend:

The quads were awesome but I really appreciate the speed and flow in her skating. She seems to have grown physically since last year as well growing in her skating. I see a maturity in her skating that I did not see last season. Her programs are still Danny G cheese but they seem less cluttered than those of her teammates allowing you to appreciate her speed and flow that much more. The camera angle (from above) really helps you to see and appreciate Trusova's speed and ice coverage, even it makes counting jump rotations difficult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information