From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finsta

I feel it important to point out that the girls all are friendly. It’s not fault of one skater that someone supports her. The fans also need to stop this nonsense. The fighting, gossipy rumors spreaders are making it hard for the girls. I feels for them all. Stop spreading hate

Ka3sha

:D I thought you wanted a link to "Tat wanting to coach Med"..
That phrase you selected out of the whole article is the most innocent one, and does not tell the full story.

TAT does not have to name the "other girls", the names are obvious...
:Dhttps://www.delfi.lv/sport/worldspo...enskom-katanii-do-16-let?id=50696093&all=true

Известный тренер считает, что Евгению Медведеву нужно было включить в состав сборной России на чемпионат Европы. На ЧЕ-2019 поедут три спортсменки, которые оказались выше Медведевой по итогам ЧР – Станислава Константинова (4-е место), Алина Загитова (5-е место) и Софья Самодурова (6-е место).

Famous coach (Tarasova) thinks that Evgenia Medvedeva must be included in the Russian Team for Europeans. For the EC-2019 the following 3 ladies were selected, who at RN placed higher than Medvedeva - Konst, Zag, Sam.

I wonder who Tarasova intended to be replaced by Med?... :D well.. Bestemyanova did it for her and Averbukh confirmed it.. :lol:
https://nevasport.ru/42962-bestemya...i-samodurovoj-v-sostave-na-chempionat-evropy/
"Bestemyanova is against Konstantinova and Samodurova on the Russian Team instead of Medvedeva".

But Averbukh objected with "Yes, Med did well too. But why Samodurova and Konstantinova should give up their spots?
Медведева тоже хорошо откатала. Но почему Самодуроваи Константинова должны уступить свои места?
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...ropy-u-zhenschin-solomonovo-reshenie-1494312/
1. You quoted journalist's statement, not Tarasova herself; so it's just journalist's interpretation of her words.
In fact, TAT didn't say anything about "other girls".
Moreover, Delfi.lv is Latvian website, and their journalist just copied information from Russian websites. I gave a link to the original article in the previous post and there wasn't anything about "other girls" as well.
2. Bestimianova might be against of whatever she wants, but what does it have to do with TAT?
3. You quoted Averbukh's interview, but in fact, you just skipped the first half of his quote:
It's a complicated situation (with Euros team selection), so they decided to choose the team basing on the sporting principle. It's a pity that Liza Tuktamysheva couldn't take part in the event for a good reason. Taking her results in consideration, she deserves to go to Euros. Evgenia Medvedeva did well too. But why Samodurova and Konstantinova should give up their spots? They placed ahead of them at Nationals
You also forgot to mention that he actually agreed with TAT that there should be a clear selection criteria for Worlds team, and some kind of a test skate should be organized two weeks prior to Worlds, as "the door to the Worlds team is still open"
4. Yes, I'd also like to have a link to "Tat wanting to coach Med" interview :saint:

--
This has nothing to do with TAT, Bestimianova, Averbukh or any other person; I just strongly believe that it's important to translate things accurately and not just to choose some taken out of context quotes and make your own statements or interpretations.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Eteri has a whole rink full of boys. Erokhov is the reigning Junior World Champion. They keep getting injured that's the problem. Rukhin (14) was supposed to compete at senior nationals but had to w/d due to injury.
Eteri’s boys usually get up to certain level (top in juniors) and then struggle with the transition into seniors. Pitkeev, Erokhov, Skirda who actually started struggling while stillbeing in juniors.

NAOTMAA

I don't think there is a lack of talented Russian men, I think there are plenty. Problem is they all seem to be headcases in one way or another and don't fully live up to what they can do. We've seen on the few occasions that they do the judges reward them and place they right in the medal hunt. I think the number of talented girls is simply abnormally large which is why the other disciplines look bad in comparison. Many girls are just as inconsistent but are easily replaced by those who aren't so it doesn't look as dire.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I see, that this link doesn't work. Here is the link to this episode on the official Night Urgant channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDivOSVfct0

Just to let everyone know, the official video has no English subtitles. The person who uploaded it with subtitles (which I assume was removed due to copyright) reuploaded it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggGee4WKUuU (the link is in the description to a Russian cloud service - you may want to make sure you have adblock on).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I don't get the Ugrant shows. He usually lets people say about 2-3 words, nothing more. After 5 minutes about him talking what will happen if the dog pees on him he wishes the 3 top athletes to `keep being that beautiful'. Because, obviously, that's what they are there for....

Mad for Skating

Eteri has a whole rink full of boys. Erokhov is the reigning Junior World Champion. They keep getting injured that's the problem. Rukhin (14) was supposed to compete at senior nationals but had to w/d due to injury.

Yes, but they are always injured and rarely make it to seniors (which tbh isn’t that different than the situation with her girls). Eteri herself said boys were hard to manage for her (harder to motivate).

LOL Mishin once said that he hated working with girls, yet here he is with Tuktamysheva and Samodurova rocking the world 😀

Yup! Unless, Stolbova comes back and makes a big statement. :glamor::saint::D

OMG. Don’t even get me excited about that. #ChristmasPresentToEndAllChristmasPresents

(When the time comes, we’ll be waiting!)

Recent interview with Stanislava (for sport24.ru): Other skater's fans belittled me

She says that she is happy with the result, but not happy with her skate in the long program, as under other circumstances that mistake on double axel could have cost her a placement on the team. It was the last start of the year and she was quite obviously nervous, didn't want to think about places on the Euros/Worlds team, but the pressure was still there.
Stasia also thanks all fans as she receive a lot of support and love from them this season. Everything is so good that she sometimes thinks "what's the catch?". Last year everything was different, there wasn't any bullying, but she was really upset with people's reaction, especially before JWC. Other skater's fans belittled her and thought that all her results were undeserved. She says that she can be critical of her own performances and make an objective assessment of what is good and what is bad. But no-one deserves to be put under pressure like this. She does what she likes the best and can be objective. It was a pity that even after good performances there was a lot of critique. It happened after Senior and Junior Nationals, then after JWC. She understands that she didn't skate on 100% there but was close to it. She had to change her attitude after Senior Worlds and is now taking things lightly. Stasia doesnt think about scores or placement at Euros, just wants to show her best and do whatever she can.

Poor thing! All the hate towards her is disgusting to me. She’s a talented, smart, beautiful girl and it’s not her fault that Zag and Med underperformed. Maybe she shouldn’t have beaten Samodurova but that’s not her fault.

I feel it important to point out that the girls all are friendly. It’s not fault of one skater that someone supports her. The fans also need to stop this nonsense. The fighting, gossipy rumors spreaders are making it hard for the girls. I feels for them all. Stop spreading hate

Preach it!

I don't get the Ugrant shows. He usually lets people say about 2-3 words, nothing more. After 5 minutes about him talking what will happen if the dog pees on him he wishes the 3 top athletes to `keep being that beautiful'. Because, obviously, that's what they are there for....

Lol remember that episode right after the Sochi Olympics when he was interviewing Volosozhar/Trankov and Stolbova/Klimov, and poor Tatiana, Max, and Ksenia were all crammed onto this tiny couch while Fedor got a whole chair to himself? 😂

babayaga

Poor thing! All the hate towards her is disgusting to me. She’s a talented, smart, beautiful girl and it’s not her fault that Zag and Med underperformed. Maybe she shouldn’t have beaten Samodurova but that’s not her fault.
I think she is mostly talking about last year. Most hate towards her was when she placed above Gubanova at junior nationals. I could not believe some things that were written about her after that. I mean, every single Russian resource that I read was filled with nearly unanimous hate and disgust towards her with almost no support, it was crazy. Whatever Medvedeva and Zagitova have to deal with now pales in comparison. They at least have large support groups, Stanislava had nearly none.

Mad for Skating

I think she is mostly talking about last year. Most hate towards her was when she placed above Gubanova at junior nationals. I could not believe some things that were written about her after that. I mean, every single Russian resource that I read was filled with nearly unanimous hate and disgust towards her with almost no support, it was crazy. Whatever Medvedeva and Zagitova have to deal with now pales in comparison. They at least have large support groups, Stanislava had nearly none.

Ohhh yes I remember that. Crazy. Some people on Twitter are still salty about it and I’d like to politely tell them to shut up. They literally threw her under the bus from all sides. For that reason, I can’t help supporting her.

babayaga

Ohhh yes I remember that. Crazy. Some people on Twitter are still salty about it and I’d like to politely tell them to shut up. They literally threw her under the bus from all sides. For that reason, I can’t help supporting her.
Same here! I never really cared about Konstantinova, but after seeing all that insanity I am now rooting for her. I am even happy she beat Zagitova despite all my love for Zagitova :), let alone everyone else

Mad for Skating

Same here! I never really cared about Konstantinova, but after seeing all that insanity I am now rooting for her. I am even happy she beat Zagitova despite all my love for Zagitova :), let alone everyone else

Pretty much same! My personal fave is Samodurova tbh, but I’m happy for Konstantinova when she wins. Also, she’s so gorgeous!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am sorry but I don't care for Stasia's skating at all. Her jumps are labored and I see no artistry or musicality in her. Most of all, when she gets held up by the judges, despite her mistakes, it is a big turn off for me.

DobrinFan

Yes, but they are always injured and rarely make it to seniors (which tbh isn’t that different than the situation with her girls). Eteri herself said boys were hard to manage for her (harder to motivate).

Isn't this what I said :huh: She can't manage them because they keep getting injured so yeah, they hardly make it to seniors. I'm guessing she takes a lot of boys in hopes one will break the cycle. At least Erohkov has a JW title before he (probably) disappears.

layman

How is that the fault of the younger skaters? It's just the way it is. Canada may well have a skater win the men's event who is too young for Worlds. The US may well have a skater medal who is too young for Worlds and was too young even for the JGP. No skater is guaranteed years on the podium. Are they to be denied because they push the technical envelope and have the talent to succeed?
I don't blame the athletes at all. I put the blame entirely on Team Eteri and the faulty technique they teach (and the extreme methods they use). I can’t think of a single athlete who has come out of that camp unscathed and healthy. I don't know how the Russian Federation can tolerate this (or the parents for that matter).

Tinami Amori

your reply

Re TAT willing to coach Medvedeva and link. Too much posted since to find it now. TAT’s comment was made after Piseev’s comment to the press that Medvedeva needs to train back in Russia. This one is still in “top news search”, TAT’s comment is not.
https://www.championat.com/other/ne...tsja-v-rossiju-i-vnov-trenirovatsja-zdes.html

TAT also made a comment during Kovtun’s programme, heard on Ch-1 coverage during the event, that it takes a great amount of bravery for a skater to admit that one made a mistake when switching coaches, and to return to the previous coach and to ask to take one back. While it was said in connection with Kovtun’s return to Buianova, many “insiders” commented to say that this phrase is likely to be also a message to Medvedeva, as TAT would not make such loud and general proclamations for nothing. This one is an opinion, but opinion of people who know quite well the situation. You can do or not do with this info what you wish. TAT’s comments on CH-1 are there, “insiders’” are all over chats and blogs.

You’re right in general about translations. Yet, my comments were not “article translations”, but a summary, with some article translations. A summary is often based on many bits and pieces, and i'll make sure next time to call it a "summary".

Here is another summary on the TAT’s situation and Team selection issues (from bits and pieces, in the press, and other.)

TAT was heavily promoting “Medvedeva” during the RN event coverage, and to the press. People were getting upset “enough Medvedeva praising during men, pairs and dance events”. TAT, as a member of the Coach Council, was also badgering judges, officials, etc., about including Medvedeva on the Team. Elena Chaikovskaya, who is the head of the Coach Council, got fed up with TAT’s badgering and pushiness. Some things were discussed off the record. TAT ended up not participating in the Coach Council selection process (several versions why she did not). The member votes for EC, WC and Universade ladies on the team were unanimous and ALL in favor the names listed officially (with Med 2nd alternative, or 1st alternative). With only 1 vote “abstained” (Buianova), and 1 vote absent (Tarasova).

Now Tarasova is asking for Second Test Skate before final World Team selection, and talking about "age increase". "Insiders'" opinions is that she is not thinking about "what's good for Russian Figure Skating" but trying to save her failed "Medvedeva" scheme at all costs.

starrynight

I don't blame the athletes at all. I put the blame entirely on Team Eteri and the faulty technique they teach (and the extreme methods they use). I can’t think of a single athlete who has come out of that camp unscathed and healthy. I don't know how the Russian Federation can tolerate this (or the parents for that matter).

:bribe::bribe::bribe: Money, Medals and Glory

There’s even more of an incentive in Eteri’s group because parents know that their daughter could get immediate success - Russian champion at 14, World Champion at 15. What an incentive to not worry about the consequences.

Not like ice dance or pairs where your child might have to keep working and the parents keep paying until they are 26 to reach the World podium.

No one is going to have one thing to say about any of this until it reaches a point where the talent dries up and the medals stop.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Did Pogo come from there? No. Did Sotnikova? No. Did Kovtun? Plushenko? Yagudin? Lots of athletes have injuries. It's part of skating. In Russia, skaters who win, earn very well. I strongly suspect that's why parents and skaters are quite happy to go to their group. They've produced more winning skaters than Buianova, Rukivicin or Mishin. These skaters aren't really doing this for fun. If they were, they wouldn't put themselves through the rigors of training for competition. They want to be one of the elite winning skaters. Those who don't win, drop out of competition.

Some people act like the Trio pulled out the quads just for the senior nationals. They've been doing them on the JGP for two years. They'll do them at Junior worlds. Skating at senior nationals was just another competition for them. Kostornaia actually medaled at senior nationals last year as well. They'll do them next season at senior GP events. Or they won't. And, there are already a lot of younger skaters learning them and 3As as well. It's just what is happening in skating. Nobody is whining about the 13 year old boys doing quads. Will they whine if Gogoliev wins senior nationals in Canada? If Alysa Liu wins at US nationals? Orser has been crowing for two years about Gogo. Where's the angst?

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

The list of skaters injured and damaged, in every country, of every age, with every coach, etc., is too long to read, pages and pages.. :p so maybe that's why you did not considered it.. ;)

layman

Yes but at this rate there won't be anyone left standing (or healthy) by the next Olympics and the Japanese Skaters (men and women) will simply clean up.

It's in your interest to protect your athletes rather than keep sacrificing them to Eteri's grist mill.

Bigbird

The list of skaters injured and damaged, in every country, of every age, with every coach, etc., is too long to read, pages and pages.. :p so maybe that's why you did not considered it.. ;)

What is happening to Dmitry Aliyev? He has always been unstable but this year he's been really not at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information