From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

soogar

In the past I wasted several opportunities to ask Tutberidze a question. We shared with her the lift several times during Europeans or worlds a few years back. I also chickened out. (To be fair, a friend bet me that I won’t ask her about Lipnitskaya and Voronov - why Lipnitskaya left her and why Voronov either wasn’t chosen to compete or skated badly there or something like that. Not as a serious question but more like a provocation. My friend told me that Tutberidze scares her, I told her that she doesn’t scare me. So my friend tried to make a bet with an impossible task. I thought the task was not that impossible...until I was in the situation). While I was just about to ask, I think Tutberidze felt what I was intending and gave me ‘the look’. I have to admit, I completely froze and lost the bet. ‘The look’ is really deadly.

I highly doubt she would even answer this question to some random person in an elevator. Why people leave is a personal thing so why would she even discuss someone else's personal business to a fan?

hanca

Values her privacy
I highly doubt she would even answer this question to some random person in an elevator. Why people leave is a personal thing so why would she even discuss someone else's personal business to a fan?
I don’t think the purpose of the question was to get any sensible answer. Because my friend claimed to be scared of her, she thought that if I ask, I may not ‘survive’. Unfortunately I couldn’t test her theory because I received ‘the look’ and froze.

quiqie

I guess Orser and Wilson had the same effect on Hersh and he couldn’t bring himself to ask them any pertinent questions, like why they gave Medvedeva such forgettable filler programs or unhelpful jump layout this year, printing instead all the cookie-cutter damage-control answers they fed to him.

Mad for Skating

In the past I wasted several opportunities to ask Tutberidze a question. We shared with her the lift several times during Europeans or worlds a few years back. I also chickened out. (To be fair, a friend bet me that I won’t ask her about Lipnitskaya and Voronov - why Lipnitskaya left her and why Voronov either wasn’t chosen to compete or skated badly there or something like that. Not as a serious question but more like a provocation. My friend told me that Tutberidze scares her, I told her that she doesn’t scare me. So my friend tried to make a bet with an impossible task. I thought the task was not that impossible...until I was in the situation). While I was just about to ask, I think Tutberidze felt what I was intending and gave me ‘the look’. I have to admit, I completely froze and lost the bet. ‘The look’ is really deadly.

I would’ve died right on the spot! That woman terrifies me!

She sat in my section at a competition a couple years ago and I asked her if she thought Fedorova/Miroshkin were going to come back (it was before they officially split, obviously). She said "maybe..." Yeah...:(

OMG WOW THAT’S SO COOL. I actually got a chance to see her at the hotel when I went to 2015 Skate America, but at the time I was just a casual fan and I couldn’t remember who she was supposed to be...she was one of those older Russian lady coaches, not Buyanova, not TAT...ugh, I wish I had known back then.

(Although my most unforgivable mistake was seeing Ksenia and Fedor sitting on a bench 15 feet away and gawking like an idiot until my mom told me to keep moving).

Tinami Amori

Alina Zagitova took part in Japanese TV Show - Taiiku-kai TV as magic character in "Puella Magi Madoka Magica".

(the link has a video in the centre)
https://russian.rt.com/sport/news/563824-zagitova-volshebnica-anime-shou

Zagitova and Daniil practicing an Ice Dance segment (???!!!) :eek: (2 vids on one page)
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo9kxGHnuDj/?taken-by=teamzagitova

(and if anyone can give me an idea which music is playing in the 2nd vid, that would be great.. Because i am hearing a piece from Smetana's Moldau..)

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

You are right, it is Vltava (Die Moldau).

Thank you for confirming. It was a surprise for me to hear notes from Die Moldau at a Moscow rink, because back in the 1970's in Moscow, some of us jewish-russian skaters used to play "Moldau" during skates and secretly laugh because it is pretty much "Hatikva" which we could not play at all.. :D

Gleikh is funny... :lol:

hanca

Values her privacy
Thank you for confirming. It was a surprise for me to hear notes from Die Moldau at a Moscow rink, because back in the 1970's in Moscow, some of us jewish-russian skaters used to play "Moldau" during skates and secretly laugh because it is pretty much "Hatikva" which we could not play at all.. :D

What does it mean that it is Hatikva?
ETA: found it.
A part of it is similar, but just a small part. The rest is different.

synchrogirl17

Yes, it is a common melody that influenced many pieces. Smetana adapted it into Vltava :)

muffinplus

Not sure if google translate works properly, but I could find nothing delusional in there :huh:
This is a translation of an interview with Leonova on FSGossips, presumably the same one. I also find nothing delusional about it.

by Vyacheslav Sambur for sports.ru

https://fs-gossips.com/alena-leonova-i-dont-like-the-word-veteran-i-prefer-experienced/

I didn't read the translation, I read the original.

It is just the same tired narrative about the good old days...I.e that skating is more about jumps today and not about artistry...and she was more about that. And that she skated in an era of true women's skating (eyeroll). I mean, she is no longer competitive, but that's not because she doesn't jump quads.. She can't do watered down technical content, and her programs lack complexity. And to be polite, she was never really an "artist"'.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information