From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
B&S had the advantage of Alla being on the panel. IMO, and I don't like the Parsons at all, they should have been second in that terrible SD perf.

Bellanca

I'm really curious why?
When your competitive career is in doubt, change is good, necessary. So, why not give someone else a try if you are Serafima, like Plushy. He's coaching, certainly knows a thing or two about skating ;) which = a good move for her, imo.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
I'm really curious why?
I think he is a very competitive person. Even though he has a great reputation as a competitor, he doesn’t have the reputation as a coach yet. The fact that he decided to be a coach indicates that he will take it seriously and do his best to succeed. (he didn’t have to become a coach, he has plenty of money so he could just do shows and not bother with spending his time at the rink, but he decided to coach). So my guess is he will transfer his competitive spirit into wanting his students to be winning. He doesn’t have many senior skaters yet. Adelina is probably on and off because of injuries, so he will have plenty of time for Serafima (not dividing his attention among a huge group of skaters like Tutberidze). I think it is a pretty good choice for Serafima.

Tinami Amori

I am very glad Plushy is giving her a chance, and hopefully a break on training prices. I can't affirm exact-exact details, but last info i remember about Serafima, is that she left Tutberidze unwillingly (by both parties) due to a series of misfortunes in her life. Serafima's apartment was burgled twice, once when they were out, and second time it was an armed robbery while she and her mother were in. Then Serafima's father lost his job, which was the main source of her funding. Serafima could not afford to live and train in Moscow and returned to St. Petersburg. Hopping for good results with Plushy.

lala

I am very glad Plushy is giving her a chance, and hopefully a break on training prices. I can't affirm exact-exact details, but last info i remember about Serafima, is that she left Tutberidze unwillingly (by both parties) due to a series of misfortunes in her life. Serafima's apartment was burgled twice, once when they were out, and second time it was an armed robbery while she and her mother were in. Then Serafima's father lost his job, which was the main source of her funding. Serafima could not afford to live and train in Moscow and returned to St. Petersburg. Hopping for good results with Plushy.

If you miss these informations https://matchtv.ru/interviews/match...i_ne_bojatsa_a_parnam_nuzhno_menat_podguzniki
google translate

"Do you see the prospects of a commercial club system in Russian figure skating?"
- It would be very interesting, but we have few private schools, one. Yes, we have a private school with a partner, we do not receive subsidies, we completely finance everything ourselves. But I also train a lot of athletes for free, I pay them apartments, skates, fees, medicine, coaches, in general, everything that is needed. I also award. The same Pankova today presented the prize, because she fought to the end, showed a character, I think it's great and should be encouraged. "

So, the price is not problem for talented students. This was clear from the beginning, but the Russian media didn't care about it..

Marco

Ka3sha

Samokhvalov's interview with Plushenko about Sakhanovich
https://rsport.ria.ru/interview/20170926/1126285968.html

"I do not hang in the clouds. We started working together just three days ago. I see that Serafima wants to return to the figure skating elite. And to prove - above all, to herself, that she can fight at a high level. I'm pleased to see how she works. She does not get out of our academy, she works from morning till night. She came to us with her mother and expressed a desire to skate. I decided to take her, and now we are working on her jumps, because on some jumps her technique is very unpleasant to me. She has a big problem with Axel, and there is a difficulty with the grouping, which is too broad. She also began to lose weight, because she was a little out of shape".

"I want to look forward. With the previous coaches Serafima did a great job, and soon we will see how she will do with us. Today we are dealing with a new page, a new stage in life. Let's start with this, and then we'll see if we are good or bad. Maybe we will not get anywhere either ... But I'm sure that it will work out (smiles)".

She and her mom came to me and said: "We want to retire." I answered Serafima: "let's see how you skate". She did not train, but immediately landed all the triple jumps, skated really well, and I told her: "It's nonsense to retire right now. Come on, if you want to train, then train". The next day she came to Novogorsk, where I we were working with other children. And Sahanovich skated there just fine. I told her and her mother that it's their decision. If you want to skate, then skate".

So far I can say that her previous choreographers and coaches gave her two good programs. She skates beautifully. I want to say that no one, even among the top-ranked figure skaters, has such powerful skating as Serafima. It is really very powerful.
- Even if we take our senior girls?
- Yes, even if you take seniors, nobody skates with such speed and power.
- Sakhanovich skates more powerful than the current two-time world champion?
- Of course. A lot more. You'll see yourself at the training session. But we need to add jumps to her skating skills now. And her jumps are really high! Therefore, it's great that she decided to stay in figure skating.

Serafima will take part in the second Russian Cup event in Yoshkar-Ola and after that they will go to Minsk (ISU Challenger Cup event, Minsk Arena Ice Star). Main goal - to qualify for Nationals.

J

Jeschke

Konstantinova has reduced to substitute status for the last JGP and her spot was given to Vasilieva, who had no JGP start befofre.
I don't get it, as she has chances to make JGPF (in theory, but she has) :mitchell:

Ka3sha

Konstantinova has reduced to substitute status for the last JGP and her spot was given to Vasilieva, who had no JGP start befofre.
I don't get it, as she has chances to make JGPF (in theory, but she has) :mitchell:
Well, Vasilieva is coached by Volchkova :D
To say the truth, I don't think that Vasilieva will get a chance there.. If Kostornaya will successfully debut at her JGP event (she has potential to even win it if she skates like she did at Moscow Open Championship), then she will most likely get that 7th JGP event instead of Vasiliev
A lot will depend on Samodurova's results, if she wins or finishes 2nd, even Gulyakova, who was 2nd in Australia may not have the second JGP event...

Btw, Fedeationd's decision to keep Stasia in juniors this year is nonsence, imo :mitchell:

Ka3sha

A lot of Eteri's skaters have jump issues once they reach puberty. Not all, but a lot. Hopefully, Plushenko can help Sima. Plus, I'd like to see him have success as a coach. You only need one skater to get to the top to establish your reputation.
Well, it's not Eteri's fault in Sima's case. She came from Pisarenko with that awful axel technique and with wrong edge on lutz. While she was training in Tutberidze's group her axel became more or less consistent and her spins improved but then she had to return to St Petersburg :(

Ka3sha

Speaking of Russian junior ladies, with only three JGP event left:
5th event: Tarakanova (1st place at her first JGP), Samodurova (debut)
6th event: Panenkova (1st place at her first JGP event), Kostornaya (debut). Konstantinova, Samodurova and Vasilieva are listed as subtitles
7th event: Gulyakova (2nd at her first JGP event ) and Vasiliev (debut). Konstantinova, Kostornaya, Samodurova and Panenkova as subtitles.

Trusova has already qualified to JGPF, I hope that Tarakanova will do it this week and Panenkova has great chance to it next week as well.

dinakt

I really like Sima and hope it works out for her. IMO, it's a good move to go to Plushenko. He is eager to establish himself as a coach, and she has great talent but needs technical fixing. I wish them both the very best of luck.
I've never been a particular Plushenko fan, but I have to say he comes out very good in his interviews (at least recently). I also love that he chose to coach. I hope his Academy succeeds.

Ka3sha

Nina Mozer: Stolbova/Klimov will show the best what they can right now at Fin Trophy
Well, at least that means that they are going there :)

Two @Eislauffan 's interviews (with Mikhail Kolyada and Sergei Voronov) were translated on fs-gossips:
Sergei Voronov: Music for new programs I chose myself

Mikhail Kolyada: Any competition is experience
Today was your first skate of a new free program with a purely executed quad lutz. How do you feel?
– Good.
Did you expect that?
– I hoped that sooner or later it had to happen. Lutz was on the way, at trainings it turned out well.
How did you make up your mind for the rest of the program?
– It was hard. But I had a task, the main thing – skate without popping the jumps, do all the rotations, good or bad, but do all the jumps. Frankly, I’m tired of popping.
Do you know that Yuzuru Hanyu at the competition in Canada broke the world record in short program?
– Of course. What to say, well done! He is a phenomenon. He has a special energy. When you’re on the same ice with Yuzuru, someone “fades”, but me on the contrary, it motivates. I want to be not worse.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
A lot of Eteri's skaters have jump issues once they reach puberty. Not all, but a lot. Hopefully, Plushenko can help Sima. Plus, I'd like to see him have success as a coach. You only need one skater to get to the top to establish your reputation.
I specifically hope that his first success comes with her.

That's what happens when I break my vow to uber a junior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information