From Russia with love [#23]: Spring/Summer 2016

nuge

[QUOTE="casken, post: 4797420,

Well #TeamBobrova and #TeamZahorski all the way I guess.[/QUOTE]

No team Bobrova and Stepanova/Bukin :p

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Sakhanovich's SB is a few points lower than Leonova's -- both earned at CS events -- but Leonova's WS 20 and Lipnitskaia's WS 16 guarantees each a GP spot, as does Sotnikova's SB 7. Gotta love Mordovian Ornament.)

ninjapirate

If someone from sports.ru is listening, why on earth is obvious fake news making it through your editors? Put better restrictions on who can post information.

Ka3sha

Sakhanovich's SB is a few points lower than Leonova's -- both earned at CS events -- but Leonova's WS 20 and Lipnitskaia's WS 16 guarantees each a GP spot, as does Sotnikova's SB 7. Gotta love Mordovian Ornament.)
I know, it is only because of Mordovian Ornamebt but I'm glad that Adelina will have two GP events next season, I really enjoyed her skating this season

Last edited:

papa_pl

Banned Member
Well, her results were not worse than Leonova's, Lipnitskaya's and Sotnikova's result in the last season.
o_O:confused:

International: Lip - 1 GP silver, Sot - 1 GP bronze, Leo - 2 "B" silvers, Sakh - 1 "B" silver
Russian Nats: Sot - 6th, Lip - 7th, Leo - 9th, Sakh - 10th
Russian Cup Final: Leo - gold, Lip - silver, Sakh - bronze

And if you want to take into consideration the past results, like two three years ago, then Sakhanovich does have two junior worlds silver medals and two JGPF medals.
...and Sot - Olympic gold, Lip - Euro gold and Worlds silver and Leo - Worlds and GP silver.

hanca

Values her privacy
o_O:confused:

International: Lip - 1 GP silver, Sot - 1 GP bronze, Leo - 2 "B" silvers, Sakh - 1 "B" silver
Russian Nats: Sot - 6th, Lip - 7th, Leo - 9th, Sakh - 10th
Russian Cup Final: Leo - gold, Lip - silver, Sakh - bronze

...and Sot - Olympic gold, Lip - Euro gold and Worlds silver and Leo - Worlds and GP silver.
Their season's best are within several points of each other. And there is not much different between Leonova's 9th and Sakhanovich 10th at the nationals. They were as bad as each other. And I think quoting Sotnikova's GP bronze is ridiculous, considering the circumstances. She kept avoiding competing for the majority of the season. At least Sakhanovich had the guts to try.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I know, it is only because of Mordovian Ornamebt but I'm glad that Adelina will have two GP events next season, I really enjoyed her skating this season
She'd have two in any case, but she's only guaranteed one as SB 24, but not Top 12 Worlds.

zebraswan

If you have Netflix, there is a segment on the newest episode of Chelsea Handler's show where she goes to Novogorsk and interviews Oleg Vasiliev and Bazarova/Deputat (they filmed it about 2 mos. ago). It's pretty short and extremely vapid, but at least you get to hear them speak English...and Chelsea sort-of tries a death spiral. Skip to 25:00 if you don't want to watch the rest of the show.

Yehudi

AITA
Just FYI, it's the talk show "Chelsea" and not part of Chelsea Does, which is her documentary series. She also visited the gymnasts at Novogorsk so I wonder if that part will appear as well

For those of you not used to Chelsea Handler, her humor is very snarky, to put it mildly. She comments about Vera's weight (or lack there of) and thinks Vasiliev is hitting on her (and says she wouldn't mind hitting it :p).

:rofl: at Vasiliev trying to find a boyfriend for Vera.

Last edited:

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck

Well Adelina only has one GP event secured due to her SB. To get 2 events for sure she would have had to compete at Worlds and place in the top 12. I think she's touring during COR as well, so I don't think she'll be getting the host pick there, meaning there's a good chance she will only be at 1 GP. That may be what she prefers though, as IIRC she didn't want 2 GP events this past season either. In any event I do hope we'll see her compete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information