Fire in Notre Dame Cathedral

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
My god just saw more pictures, huge flames as well as smoke. I'm not French, I'm not religious but its part of my culture too! Please I hope this gets under control quickly.

BBC reports it may be linked to renovations?

MsZem

I see the sea
I just looked it up in the news reports and it looks really bad. I'm not sure the Notre Dame will be fully salvageable. Hopefully they'll get it under control soon...

This is from a tea room across the river, posted about twenty minutes ago.

Sparks

My god just saw more pictures, huge flames as well as smoke. I'm not French, I'm not religious but its part of my culture too! Please I hope this gets under control quickly.

BBC reports it may be linked to renovations?
Via twitter:
Fire at Paris’ Notre Dame cathedral was started by accident and is related to ongoing work, according to France 2, citing police. Either way it is terrible and a hideous blow to the symbolic heart of the city

ballettmaus

For some reason, this doesn't look real. I know it is but still... It seems surreal.

I hope everyone is safe and no one got injured.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
The photos I'm seeing make it look to be all at the spire end. I'm going to hope they can get it under control so that the rest is not affected.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Heartbreaking. Went there with all of the people who meant the most to me...grandma, mom, late first husband. I’m wondering if the nearby Sainte Chapelle is ok? Where are the fire brigades? Gosh...and it’s Holy Week, leading to Easter.

skipaway

Trump tweeted they should use flying water tankers and further offered the advice that they “should act quickly.” :rolleyes:

Peaches LaTour

Words fail me at how sad this makes me.

I hope this is accidental & not terrorism.

Last edited:

Lorac

Heart-breaking - the spire has now collapsed into the body of the cathedral - hopefully they can salvage some of the priceless artefacts!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information